ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Brooks-Harris?

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Not dressed last night. Not on the bench but in street clothes in seats behind the bench. What’s up with this young man?

bb - I had heard this 2 weeks ago. A friend who lives in Htgn. No announcement from the U, obviously. No factual proof, but I think what is not being said speaks louder than any official statement......

A lot of college programs have shifted to the "mums the word until you're dismissed" approach to drug tests. Players who get popped will get benched with an undisclosed injury or issue, so they get the punishment, but without the public being brought in to weigh comment. If they get popped enough times they go over the limit, they are sent out of the program for "unnamed team rules violations."

There used to be the expectation that, given all the public money that went into this stuff, there was some responsibility on the part of athletic departments to be transparent. Now it seems like athletic departments would rather not say, and fans would rather not know, so its sort of a happy marriage.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
This could be another example of a kid who was a star in high school having trouble adjusting to being a reserve in college. I had hopes that he would eventually be a starter at MU, but I think he will not be here next year based on the above reports.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT