ADVERTISEMENT

Can we at least stop pretending abortion is "healthcare"? It's birth control, plain and simple.

Interested to hear any Christian folks who support abortion and what the argument is. I find it interesting to hear that take.

So is killing someone with a gun. Yet you DON'T want that controlled.
You're a liar. I want it controlled, and there's laws in place to control guns.

Until liberal mayors get their ghettos under control, murders will continue to be high in the inner cities. I cannot control these thugs, but if I had a say in the matter, I would hang them in the public square, just like they used to do on Gunsmoke.

One is constitutionally guaranteed the other isn’t. See if you can figure out which is which and murder is still illegal
Both are at the moment constitutionally guaranteed. See if you can see which of those killed are deader.

What in the world are you talking about?

You know the difference between moral and ceremonial laws right? Jesus did.

Or is there some thing you heard in your Christian school years that you misremember as the Christian position?
You don't misremember. You just didn't understand to begin with, and nothing's changed with you.

857.gif

Meaning I don't want any religious folks from any religion reading their books and talking to their gods about what laws to make.

You know the difference between moral and ceremonial laws right? Jesus did.
The Adventists say you are wrong. Maybe some of them get elected or put on the Supreme Court. That's the thing about religions and the law...who is to say which ones are full of shit? Or which differences among sects in one religion are bullshit? Most say the word of God is infallible, yet reach different conclusions...c'mon, someone has to be full of shit. God help us if the Muslims take over politics...or Allah help us? They are full of shit, right? I say they are, does my opinion count? Does it count more or less than Herdman's? How about MuhammadMan's opinion, he probably posts on one of these Rivals boards....Muslims do like football, right? Or is that whole pigskin thing an issue?

I do recall something in the OT about causing a miscarriage BY ACTUALLY BEATING A WOMAN (while two men are fighting, which is even more absurd, I've never been in a fistfight and thought "hey, let's hit his pregnant wife while I'm at it!") is only a fine. A fine! Doesn't sound too important, kind of like speeding, dude I speed every day. I'm sure you will give me a scholarly response about what that verse really means, but who is to say you got it right? The Jews would say you got it wrong (yes, I looked into this). Why should we take your word over the word of Jewish scholars? After all, it's THEIR part of the Bible.

Here's my beef, since Herdman sorta asked: religions deal in absolutes, period. Sin or not sin, heaven or hell. The only absolute in life is death, otherwise shit tends to get weird. Thundercat is up there saying "carved out by statute"...well, the absolutist religious nuts are already being absolutist assholes and passing legislation that does not allow an exception for rape or incest. As a Christian who recognizes shit gets weird and bad things happen, I have to say...are they for fvcking real? Christian me cannot fathom not doing everything possible to make that person as whole as possible, which is a matter of justice in the natural law sense of the word. You are going to make a 12 year old impregnated by a perverted father carry to term? That's...well, that's also perverse. Just sick. I've stated here before that if you give religious nuts an inch they will take a mile, because they are absolutists...and now here we are, right where I warned we would be, wrecking Roe and opening the door to vile Taliban type shit.

857.gif

Meaning I don't want any religious folks from any religion reading their books and talking to their gods about what laws to make.

The Adventists say you are wrong. Maybe some of them get elected or put on the Supreme Court. That's the thing about religions and the law...who is to say which ones are full of shit? Or which differences among sects in one religion are bullshit? Most say the word of God is infallible, yet reach different conclusions...c'mon, someone has to be full of shit. God help us if the Muslims take over politics...or Allah help us? They are full of shit, right? I say they are, does my opinion count? Does it count more or less than Herdman's? How about MuhammadMan's opinion, he probably posts on one of these Rivals boards....Muslims do like football, right? Or is that whole pigskin thing an issue?

I do recall something in the OT about causing a miscarriage BY ACTUALLY BEATING A WOMAN (while two men are fighting, which is even more absurd, I've never been in a fistfight and thought "hey, let's hit his pregnant wife while I'm at it!") is only a fine. A fine! Doesn't sound too important, kind of like speeding, dude I speed every day. I'm sure you will give me a scholarly response about what that verse really means, but who is to say you got it right? The Jews would say you got it wrong (yes, I looked into this). Why should we take your word over the word of Jewish scholars? After all, it's THEIR part of the Bible.

Here's my beef, since Herdman sorta asked: religions deal in absolutes, period. Sin or not sin, heaven or hell. The only absolute in life is death, otherwise shit tends to get weird. Thundercat is up there saying "carved out by statute"...well, the absolutist religious nuts are already being absolutist assholes and passing legislation that does not allow an exception for rape or incest. As a Christian who recognizes shit gets weird and bad things happen, I have to say...are they for fvcking real? Christian me cannot fathom not doing everything possible to make that person as whole as possible, which is a matter of justice in the natural law sense of the word. You are going to make a 12 year old impregnated by a perverted father carry to term? That's...well, that's also perverse. Just sick. I've stated here before that if you give religious nuts an inch they will take a mile, because they are absolutists...and now here we are, right where I warned we would be, wrecking Roe and opening the door to vile Taliban type shit.
Yeah because with roe being struck down abortion will be completely illegal with no carve outs for incest rape or medical condition. You are complaining about giving an inch and taking a mile and here you are screaming at the roof tops over something that won’t happen.

You mean laws like this???

13 “You shall not murder.
15 “You shall not steal.
16 “You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

Shame you can't tell the difference between any religion... But then again you can't seem to tell the difference between being a liberal and a libertarian...

Yeah because with roe being struck down abortion will be completely illegal with no carve outs for incest rape or medical condition.
Did I stutter when I said "passing legislation"?

In 2019, Alabama gained national attention by passing a state law banning all abortions with exceptions only for lethal abnormalities and serious health risks to the patient.

There was a brief backlash to Alabama’s law, but over the last four years, 10 states have enacted abortion bans in early pregnancy without rape or incest exceptions: Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Ohio, Tennessee and Texas. All were blocked by courts, except Texas’ law, which is in effect.

In recent weeks, several other legislatures have been racing to put abortion bans on the books. Arizona’s governor recently signed a 15-week abortion ban without rape or incest exceptions, although it is not yet in effect.

A similar 15-week ban without the exceptions is awaiting the governor’s signature in Florida. Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear vetoed his state’s version on Friday, though Republicans probably have the votes to override him.

Oklahoma’s Legislature this week approved an almost total ban on abortion except for medical emergencies. It has not yet been signed by the governor.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2022-04-08/red-states-eliminate-rape-exceptions-from-abortion-bans

You are what we political scientists call a "low information voter". @extragreen would call you an idiot, but I am trying to be generous.

I warned we would be, wrecking Roe and opening the door to vile Taliban type shit.

Unprecedented Supreme Court "leak"??? Democrats trailing badly in the polls... They need something to energize their base... What could be better???

You mean laws like this???

13 “You shall not murder.
15 “You shall not steal.
16 “You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

Shame you can't tell the difference between any religion... But then again you can't seem to tell the difference between being a liberal and a libertarian...
You heretic, the APPROVED BY GOD HIMSELF KING JAMES VERSION* says "Thou shalt not KILL." Guess what, sometimes it is quite legal to kill someone. Sometimes it is moral to steal....it's rare, but it happens. And I testify my neighbor is an asshole for cutting down his magnolia tree....maybe he isn't really an asshole, but man that was a beautiful tree.

* Yes, I have attended churches that believe that. Are they full of shit? Or are you?

As soon as you are willing to outlaw bacon.

Acts 10:14-15

14 “Surely not, Lord!”(E) Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”(F)

15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”(G)

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Unprecedented Supreme Court "leak"??? Democrats trailing badly in the polls... They need something to energize their base... What could be better???
It's plausible the leaker is pressuring Roberts, who ain't fully on board. Unlikely, but dirty pool works for either side. And there heathen Catholics involved, so anything is possible.

And the ruling would have been issued before November anyways...but closer to the election, which would be even better for "energizing the base".

Shhhhh. No one tell this jackass ^^^ our country - including its laws and justice system - is based entirely on Judeo-Christian values and beliefs.

Reactions: KyMUfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT