ADVERTISEMENT

Canadian Minister on The President of the United States, "He’s a pathetic little man-child."

dherd

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 23, 2007
“Big tough guy once he’s back on his airplane,” he wrote on Twitter. “Can’t do it in person, and knows it, which makes him feel week. So he projects these feelings onto Trudeau and then lashes out at him. You don’t need to be Freud. He’s a pathetic little man-child."Roland Paris, a former foreign affairs adviser to Mr. Trudeau

Prime Minister Theresa May of Britain issued a statement through an aide saying she was “fully supportive of Justin Trudeau.” The German foreign minister, Heiko Maas, on Sunday called on European nations to stick together following Mr. Trump’s announcement.

The exchange left Mr. Trump estranged from America’s partners at the very moment he is about to stride onto the most important world stage he has assumed since taking office.

Mr. Trump’s strategy for pressuring Mr. Kim to give up his nuclear weapons has depended on isolating North Korea, but he arrived in Singapore looking isolated himself.

Left unclear was what exactly Mr. Trudeau had said that so offended Mr. Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/10/...ackage-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Glad Prime Minister Limp Wrist took the high road.

Then, again, who cares. It is Canada.

Reactions: 19MU88
There was a time when a strong alliance with Canada, England, France and Germany was in America's best interest. But....now that Putin is calling the shots - not so much.
Putin is not calling anything. You all just can't get over the lost election.

The alliances are still vital. But, every country needs to pull their own weight and fair share. Trump is doing what he said he would do. He is doing what needed to be done a long time ago.

images

There was a time when a strong alliance with Canada, England, France and Germany was in America's best interest. But....now that Putin is calling the shots - not so much.

I really don't get this talking point. How is Putin calling the shots? How does Russia benefit from a stronger United States? And make no mistake, every move Trump is making is strengthening the United States.

This nonsense "trade war with our allies" that the leftist media is pushing is very calculated. I'm for free trade more than anyone on this board, but I understand what trump is doing here. The combined GDPs of all the other G7 countries is roughly equal to that of the United States. We have ALL of the leverage here, and Trump is flexing on them for imposing tariffs on our exports while we don't reciprocate. Now he's threatening to unless they back down, and they will. He will win this standoff because he has the biggest dick at the table.

Additionally, what possible motivation would Putin have to want trump over Hillary? Do you honestly think Hillary would have been tougher on Russia? All the Russia talk is just sour grapes from butt-hurt democrats to justify to themselves that Trump really didn't win the election. They did the same shit to Bush and will do the same shit the next time a republican is elected.

I really don't get this talking point. How is Putin calling the shots? How does Russia benefit from a stronger United States? And make no mistake, every move Trump is making is strengthening the United States.

This nonsense "trade war with our allies" that the leftist media is pushing is very calculated. I'm for free trade more than anyone on this board, but I understand what trump is doing here. The combined GDPs of all the other G7 countries is roughly equal to that of the United States. We have ALL of the leverage here, and Trump is flexing on them for imposing tariffs on our exports while we don't reciprocate. Now he's threatening to unless they back down, and they will. He will win this standoff because he has the biggest dick at the table.

Additionally, what possible motivation would Putin have to want trump over Hillary? Do you honestly think Hillary would have been tougher on Russia? All the Russia talk is just sour grapes from butt-hurt democrats to justify to themselves that Trump really didn't win the election. They did the same shit to Bush and will do the same shit the next time a republican is elected.

Trump just advocated for Russia to be added back to the G7. The same Russiawho just interfered with our election. The same Russia who just attempted murdering a former agent and his daughter with a toxic agent in Europe.

You are a business man. You realize these tariffs on steel and aluminum will hurt the US economy, right? You realize trump just pissed off all of our allies? You don’t think that could set up a very bad future for the US economy?

Canada derives 30% of their GDP from exports. We buy 74% of their exports. That means that selling stuff to the U.S. accounts for 22% of their GDP, damn near a quarter of their economic output.

The U.S. derives 12% of their GDP from exports. Canada buys 18% of our exports. That means that selling stuff to Canada accounts for 2% of our GDP. That's damn near zero.

You liberals like Canada's socialized free health care? Well, you should, you are paying for it as well as the socialized medical care across Europe. They pay for that stuff with trade imbalance and tariffs and by not having to spend money on defense since we take care of that for them too by funding the majority of NATO and letting them sleep comfortably under the umbrella of protection we provide. The only thing that stops Russia from moving south is good ol' Uncle Sam. Those countries couldn't stop a fly and would never use nuclear weapons.

The fact is that our "allies" are a significant reason why we have 20 some trillion in debt. There's absolutely no reason the richest nation in the history of the world should be broke even with stupid domestic spending. The reason we are is because we subsidize half of the planet.

Trump's been tough on Russia....."believe me". BTW, you think he'll be able to get Putin reinstated into the G7...G8? Golly, I hope so.

Hillary would have been much tougher on Putin, and Vladimir knew it. Why do you think the Russians threw all that support to Trump? All the intel supports the Russians were pulling for Trump....not Hillary.

Don't know if I oppose the tariffs so much....but there's a way to do this without acting like a spoiled 13-year-old with a cell phone....a way to do it without theatrics, hyperbole and overall buffoonery.

I'm no Dem or fan of Billary.....I would like another election....starting with the primaries. Bullsh!^ and Bluster isn't a successful management style - lies shouldn't be tolerated....let alone celebrated. There is no honor in this administration. Find it difficult to contemplate how anyone can actually believe a word this pathological lying, ego maniacal, pussy grabber says.

Trump's been tough on Russia....."believe me". BTW, you think he'll be able to get Putin reinstated into the G7...G8? Golly, I hope so.

Hillary would have been much tougher on Putin, and Vladimir knew it. Why do you think the Russians threw all that support to Trump? All the intel supports the Russians were pulling for Trump....not Hillary.

Don't know if I oppose the tariffs so much....but there's a way to do this without acting like a spoiled 13-year-old with a cell phone....a way to do it without theatrics, hyperbole and overall buffoonery.

I'm no Dem or fan of Billary.....I would like another election....starting with the primaries. Bullsh!^ and Bluster isn't a successful management style - lies shouldn't be tolerated....let alone celebrated. There is no honor in this administration. Find it difficult to contemplate how anyone can actually believe a word this pathological lying, ego maniacal, pussy grabber says.
haven't seen a better example for a crying lib gif in quite some time.

oh, and lolololololol at any apologetic lib being tough on anybody. please . . .

Canada derives 30% of their GDP from exports. We buy 74% of their exports. That means that selling stuff to the U.S. accounts for 22% of their GDP, damn near a quarter of their economic output.

The U.S. derives 12% of their GDP from exports. Canada buys 18% of our exports. That means that selling stuff to Canada accounts for 2% of our GDP. That's damn near zero.

You liberals like Canada's socialized free health care? Well, you should, you are paying for it as well as the socialized medical care across Europe. They pay for that stuff with trade imbalance and tariffs and by not having to spend money on defense since we take care of that for them too by funding the majority of NATO and letting them sleep comfortably under the umbrella of protection we provide. The only thing that stops Russia from moving south is good ol' Uncle Sam. Those countries couldn't stop a fly and would never use nuclear weapons.

The fact is that our "allies" are a significant reason why we have 20 some trillion in debt. There's absolutely no reason the richest nation in the history of the world should be broke even with stupid domestic spending. The reason we are is because we subsidize half of the planet.

We should have a discussion with our G-7 peers on their subsidization of industry that competes with us. Tariffs are better used to equalize the playing field between trade partners that have a competitive advantage by paying crap wages and having damn near zero regulations. We would be better served by convincing the G-7 that Asia, and specifically China, is the issue and we should unite in tariffing the hell out of them.

Canada's top export to the US is vehicles. That's US automakers.

Average tariffs between the G-7 are quite low.

I absolutely agree they need to pull more weight with defense. Except maybe Canada, mainly because no one is ever going to invade them.

Reactions: Chevy1

Golf clap, bitches.

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
We should have a discussion with our G-7 peers on their subsidization of industry that competes with us. Tariffs are better used to equalize the playing field between trade partners that have a competitive advantage by paying crap wages and having damn near zero regulations. We would be better served by convincing the G-7 that Asia, and specifically China, is the issue and we should unite in tariffing the hell out of them.

Canada's top export to the US is vehicles. That's US automakers.

Average tariffs between the G-7 are quite low.

I absolutely agree they need to pull more weight with defense. Except maybe Canada, mainly because no one is ever going to invade them.
Not trying to start an argument but how can you be sure that no one would invade Canada? I mean Russia sits on their doorstep. I am sure there were people living in Poland in the 1930's that felt the same way. I guess I would just say that they need our backup in case the Russian Bear gets hungry.

just because canada stands a lesser chance of being invaded doesn't mean they shouldn't be pulling their own weight. if the US is going to be their protector and pay for their defense, then perhaps canada should become the 51st+ state(s).

Trump just advocated for Russia to be added back to the G7. The same Russiawho just interfered with our election. The same Russia who just attempted murdering a former agent and his daughter with a toxic agent in Europe.

You are a business man. You realize these tariffs on steel and aluminum will hurt the US economy, right? You realize trump just pissed off all of our allies? You don’t think that could set up a very bad future for the US economy?
You guys just can't get over the fact that crazy eyed Clinton woman lost the election.

Furthermore, would you rather have the Soviet Union back? Because that is where this is headed. Offering them economic opportunity and prosperity does two things. It keeps the commies from taking over again and setting up the Soviet Union II. Second, it makes the Nato nations allies step up their game.

It is called bargaining and making others step up and bring something to the table. It is not sitting there and kissing their ass, apologizing, and letting them rip us off.

One of the big effects of this whole fight among the G7 Nations especially between United States and Germany is that the United States has been somewhat under the table talking with Poland about moving the entire Central Command out of Germany and into Poland.

Angela Merkel is scared to death that's going to take place and take a buttload of money out of the German economy.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
One of the big effects of this whole fight among the G7 Nations especially between United States and Germany is that the United States has been somewhat under the table talking with Poland about moving the entire Central Command out of Germany and into Poland.

Angela Merkel is scared to death that's going to take place and take a buttload of money out of the German economy.
ding, ding, ding.

Winner.

The most important thing about all of this is not a single mention of the spelling error...

“Big tough guy once he’s back on his airplane,” he wrote on Twitter. “Can’t do it in person, and knows it, which makes him feel week. So he projects these feelings onto Trudeau and then lashes out at him. You don’t need to be Freud. He’s a pathetic little man-child."Roland Paris, a former foreign affairs adviser to Mr. Trudeau

Having served in Germany a number of years ago....that would be huge. Have no idea how many GIs we have in Germany now, but, back then, there were cities with tens of thousands. However, at that time, Germany was the "border" with the eastern block. Probably makes more sense to re-locate closer to the threat. Man....considering the people, hardware....not to mention all the facilities with their communication/computer systems - that's got to be a real expensive proposition for us as well.

The article I read in the Wall Street Journal basically said the Polish government was going to put up 2.1 billion dollars just for the base infrastructure. Not sure how advanced those talks are but it read is if they've been going on for a while.

You guys just can't get over the fact that crazy eyed Clinton woman lost the election.

Furthermore, would you rather have the Soviet Union back? Because that is where this is headed. Offering them economic opportunity and prosperity does two things. It keeps the commies from taking over again and setting up the Soviet Union II. Second, it makes the Nato nations allies step up their game.

It is called bargaining and making others step up and bring something to the table. It is not sitting there and kissing their ass, apologizing, and letting them rip us off.

Has NOTHING to do with Hillary. You seem to have an obsession.

I noticed you didn’t make any thoughtful and meaningful comments on the economic ramifications of the tariffs, the potential trade war and cozying up to our biggest adversary.

haven't seen a better example for a crying lib gif in quite some time.

oh, and lolololololol at any apologetic lib being tough on anybody. please . . .
I'm no lib. Just an American veteran who tries to rely on data and facts (not alternate facts) instead of political beliefs. Don't respect nor appreciate liars or lying which is why neither major candidate was a good choice for me in the last election. Save the Bullshit and Bluster for pitching Trump Steaks, Trump University or the next season of "Celebrity Apprentice"...not running the United States of America.

I noticed you didn’t make any thoughtful and meaningful comments on the economic ramifications of the tariffs, the potential trade war and cozying up to our biggest adversary.
Everyone has acknowledged Hillary lost - including Hillary.

I don't have the obsession. You all keep obsessing over this Russian nonsense.

what meaningful comments have you made ?

I have posted my thoughts two or three times. It is all about negotiating and making the other countries step up and pay fair share(which they have not done for decades)?

you went full retard there

I'm no lib. Just an American veteran who tries to rely on data and facts (not alternate facts) instead of political beliefs. Don't respect nor appreciate liars or lying which is why neither major candidate was a good choice for me in the last election. Save the Bullshit and Bluster for pitching Trump Steaks, Trump University or the next season of "Celebrity Apprentice"...not running the United States of America.
you might be confused like Raoul

The most important thing about all of this is not a single mention of the spelling error...

Being a big tough guy for 7 days makes one week.

I don't have the obsession. You all keep obsessing over this Russian nonsense.
Seriously, what will it take for you to question there may be or may have been something going something going on between this administration/campaign and the Russians?

Seriously, what will it take for you to question there may be or may have been something going something going on between this administration/campaign and the Russians?
on a similar note, what will it take for you to realize there was nothing?

Reactions: ohio herd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT