ADVERTISEMENT

Cato

Ott Elmore is another. So that's 2 exceptions off one Marshall team.
Justin Johnson from WKU also comes to mind very quickly
I don't think Cato would be a good coach but comparing a kid who grew up under the circumstances that Cato did to an Elmore is not fair. To be honest, for Cato to get this far, is IMO a testimony to his own drive to better himself in life.

And worse: if that QB would have embraced the third pillar of the system (the QB run), he'd have had even better results.

I know I might get roasted for this (especially on the heels of what might be construed as a criticism of Cato), but if what I'm hearing is true about Litton's recent turn, we might finally have a QB who can the system as intended. The last one to truly do so was Blake Frohnapfel, in limited work as a backup. At 6'6 and 230lbs, Litton could really open up the other two facets of the offense by pulling it in and running over some of these C-USA DBs.

Gonna be a tough pill for a lot of folks to swallow, but if Litton blossoms like he should and somehow manages to win his teammates back, we might actually make a bowl game.

And worse: if that QB would have embraced the third pillar of the system (the QB run), he'd have had even better results.

I know I might get roasted for this (especially on the heels of what might be construed as a criticism of Cato), but if what I'm hearing is true about Litton's recent turn, we might finally have a QB who can the system as intended. The last one to truly do so was Blake Frohnapfel, in limited work as a backup. At 6'6 and 230lbs, Litton could really open up the other two facets of the offense by pulling it in and running over some of these C-USA DBs.

Gonna be a tough pill for a lot of folks to swallow, but if Litton blossoms like he should and somehow manages to win his teammates back, we might actually make a bowl game.
I've said (elsewhere) we will go as far as Litton takes us. I think if he starts all 12 games, we will win at least 9.
If he starts less than 12 but more than 8, we are 7-5 at best.
if he starts less than 8, we re visit 2016

Reactions: herdalicious
Cato shined cause he was a playmaker.. when bill leggs same 4 plays a game broke down Cato rolled out and made a play, hell it would be surprising to find out bill legg just told Cato run whatever u want.....! litton is a pocket passer and our line is nowhere good enough for that. So now we're back to bill legg he will have chase standing shotgun every single snap and handing off 7 yard deep in the backfield or passing on a quick slant or curl pattern...... so that means our run game will suck cause our Oline will suck and our passing game will be 3-4 yards a catch if we make completions.... ALL YEAR!!! And at the end of the year we will all say why is bill legg still here..! We need a Cato again a PLAYMAKER..! Or a true offense coordinator, one who can make changes to help with a weak oline and a not that Mobile QB.

Ott Elmore is another. So that's 2 exceptions off one Marshall team.
Justin Johnson from WKU also comes to mind very quickly
Maybe they should have committed more time to basketball as neither could play much.;)

Why attack Cato for focusing on being a college QB while at MU? He likely took a minimum number of hours allowed each semester and spent most of his timing practicing football or watching film. He likely just needs a semester or two to finish his degree. If Cato comes back like Darius Marshall did that would be great.

Litton running over a defender?? I just spit water on my computer!!! Lol!

Reactions: Herd Fever
scholarships are awarded for more than academic achievement, but okay. it's been years ago now, but as a former manager i know all the paperwork i had to sign every semester said "scholarship" on it.

but you do you, guy.
He called u a dumbass greenduke

I've read this entire thread and I'm shocked no one knows where Cato is or what he's doing. I hope it's just that no one knows rather than someone knows and just doesn't want to share.

He's in a coaching position at Miami Central.

Well that settles it, lol.

Yous Mbao came to my mind as an exceptional student athlete. He got 2 degrees while here and can speak like 5 languages.

I certainly don't blame Cato for leaving early, his goal was the next level of football.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT