ADVERTISEMENT

Charles Huff

Yep, he is stuck in Huntington for another year. Last night's loss may have cost him the Michigan State job and other P5 jobs. Don't you have to win the SBC first to earn a promotion??

I don't know, the media is definitely on his side. I've never seen them fawn over a Marshall HC that hasn't advanced the program in terms of wins/losses, conference competitiveness, etc.

With their help, it's still possible for Huff to get another job for him to underperform.

We have made no progress as a program since he was hired. Special teams are a mess the defense has regressed this year . We have still no go to wide receiver, a functional QB who can’t throw more than 15 yards . After all the hype and 35 “p5” transfers we are still an 8-4 type of team. Maybe next year

We have made no progress as a program since he was hired. Special teams are a mess the defense has regressed this year . We have still no go to wide receiver, a functional QB who can’t throw more than 15 yards . After all the hype and 35 “p5” transfers we are still an 8-4 type of team. Maybe next year
If this team plays like last night, we will lose the next 3, and also to South Alabama. We are capable of winning, but let’s see how the coaches get them to respond. Our D should be a strength, but have been trash the past few weeks. This team can’t play from behind, because Fancher isn’t going to get you chunks of yards moving down the field with his dink and dunk style. If you can’t recruit a decent QB, you aren’t that great of a recruiter.

If this team plays like last night, we will lose the next 3, and also to South Alabama. We are capable of winning, but let’s see how the coaches get them to respond. Our D should be a strength, but have been trash the past few weeks. This team can’t play from behind, because Fancher isn’t going to get you chunks of yards moving down the field with his dink and dunk style. If you can’t recruit a decent QB, you aren’t that great of a recruiter.
“See how the coaches get them to respond”. There in lies the problem IMHO.

It is only certain elements in the sports media that are on the CH bandwagon. I will leave it at that. Most serious football commutators are only vaguely aware of who he is.

Fact is, CH will be here next year. That means another year of inferiority and mediocrity.

We, as a fan base, need to gather the resources, both financial and moral, to set up the CH firing after the 24 season.

It is only certain elements in the sports media that are on the CH bandwagon. I will leave it at that. Most serious football commutators are only vaguely aware of who he is.

Fact is, CH will be here next year. That means another year of inferiority and mediocrity.

We, as a fan base, need to gather the resources, both financial and moral, to set up the CH firing after the 24 season.
Dink and dunk would be awesome to see, seems like every time something is working we start throwing or trying to throw bombs, Trickett can not call a good game. He is a big issue with this team, nothing creative anymore we are always playing from behind, he trying to go for the jugular and it’s costing the team and the season.. GS QB had like 12 straight completions that’s not because he’s good it because they called plays that they can run, no reason we can’t run quick slants or TE curls, or post routes but all we see is run into no hole have to bounce, or throw 30+.. when we play within the means we play well…

good thing Doc could, and where would we be without another Doc recruit in Ali?

Reactions: marshallsig
Doc could recruit, but not much else after that…and now we are in the same boat all over again.
Exactly. We basically can't ever get the whole package. It's like we always get cereal but no milk or koolaid but no sugar to mix.

Reactions: Jartard
Who coached special teams under Doc? They were exciting in a good way.

He shouldn’t give us a reason to beat… make changes and get the job done, we want championships! Not just bowl appearances
Agreed! Considering he is getting paid the most of any Coach in Marshall history to get smoked by Georgia State says it all. Besides beating ND, we’ve taken a step back from Doc. The return on this investment sucks so far!

Reactions: W-S HerdFan

Not under contract after 24. Costs $0.

Agreed! Considering he is getting paid the most of any Coach in Marshall history to get smoked by Georgia State says it all. Besides beating ND, we’ve taken a step back from Doc. The return on this investment sucks so far!
I agree, but why is it we are “like” Doc days or worst? Because we still have no one developing QBs and putting together a offensive game plan.. have to teach kids to read a Defense and when he’s a sophomore or junior he should be changing plays at the line, and when he is a senior he should be nearly unstoppable if they are around that long… just sad to see such talented kids get screwed by lack of coaching/game management…

We have regressed.

Dink and dunk would be awesome to see, seems like every time something is working we start throwing or trying to throw bombs, Trickett can not call a good game. He is a big issue with this team, nothing creative anymore we are always playing from behind, he trying to go for the jugular and it’s costing the team and the season.. GS QB had like 12 straight completions that’s not because he’s good it because they called plays that they can run, no reason we can’t run quick slants or TE curls, or post routes but all we see is run into no hole have to bounce, or throw 30+.. when we play within the means we play well…
Our offense struggles because we can't throw down field and teams are loading the box. The offense doesn't get a pass for last night either. Not one phase of the game was working good enough to win that game.

So much ignorance

Reactions: raleighherdfan
I have no idea why. Where is he going??
He only has one year left and it will be a show of support. We'll win 8 games, play in a .com bowl, and call it a success. You can't go into 2024 with a lame duck HC. We're not firing him so everyone should forget about that.

We fired a local guy for underachieving, but we're praising this guy for it. If an 8 win season was the watermark for success then we should have just kept Doc.

He only has one year left and it will be a show of support. We'll win 8 games, play in a .com bowl, and call it a success. You can't go into 2024 with a lame duck HC. We're not firing him so everyone should forget about that.

We fired a local guy for underachieving, but we're praising this guy for it. If an 8 win season was the watermark for success then we should have just kept Doc.

And now we are knocking on 8 wins and a bowl. Now that’s some solid program support right there!

• Sad
Reactions: putnam green

What’s wrong w a lame duck coach? He gets another offer with or without a contract , so why extend the guy? Where’s the WIIFM?

Reactions: Jartard
And now we are knocking on 8 wins and a bowl. Now that’s some solid program support right there!
Yes. Yes I am. I don't know why it's so hard for you to understand. We didn't fire Doc and bring in Huff to win 8 games and play in random bowls.

Unless 8-4 has "Conference Champion" next to it then it is a failure. You are nothing more than an also-ran.

By Huff's own admission he was hired to close the gap.

What’s wrong w a lame duck coach? He gets another offer with or without a contract , so why extend the guy? Where’s the WIIFM?
I don't want him to be extended, but recruiting will be hard if the university isn't backing his future. Sadly it appears that it's just status quo for Marshall football.

I don't want him to be extended, but recruiting will be hard if the university isn't backing his future. Sadly it appears that it's just status quo for Marshall football.
With the portal, recruiting has changed. No one thinks long term. Next yr is all any player thinks about. So if u have playing time to sell you can recruit without a contract

With the portal, recruiting has changed. No one thinks long term. Next yr is all any player thinks about. So if u have playing time to sell you can recruit without a contract
It still can be used against us by other coaches. It doesn't matter. Smith and Spears keep giving our underachieving MBB coach extensions. They'll do the same for Huff.

Huff is no better than Doc and might prove to be a bit worse. Without a championship, this has been an exercise in futility.

Doc sucked I’m so glad he’s gone. You revisionist history guys are a crack up. He had 11 seasons of mediocrity at Marshall. He had some of the worst losses in the history of the Joan to fellow non p5 teams. He lost to bottom feeders in our miserable conference. I hope he banked his money that he got from us and has a great retirement.

Huff could lose every game for the rest of his tenure and it still wouldn’t change the fact I am glad we moved on. If Huff isn’t the guy unlike our last AD who hired his BFF, and had zero expectations of said BFF Spears will move if he needs to.

First, Aaron, if it was up to you Snyder would still be our coach, so just refrain.

Here’s why people are consciously or unconsciously upset with Marshall football IMO. From 1982 till 2003 we had a QB on the roster that ended up in Marshall’s top 10 all time in offensive yards. Keep in mind that a lot of these guys overlapped so most weren’t 4 year starters. So 22 straight seasons of having that guy at QB. That was 7 different QBs.

In the last 20 years we have had two make it on the top 10 list. Of course you have Cato and then you have Bernie Morris.

I think people understand the Pennington, Leftwich, Cato guy is a rare bird, but we can’t find anyone better, or as good as, Bernie.

Also, we have had a total of 3 dangerous outside receivers in the last 20 years. We’ve done well at RB and TE, but our offensive skill position recruiting at QB and WR has been disgusting. I look at all these teams we play and everyone seems to have at least one stud receiver every year and we’ve had 3 in the last generation.

It's probably time to give CP10 an opportunity to lead the Herd. Think his other son is decent high school quarterback for the team CP10 is currently coaching. Bring in Byron as OC, and a few others from the late 90s/early 2000s. Rifle could also be on the staff, as well as helping out with the baseball team, and having a few positions with the cheerleaders.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
It's probably time to give CP10 an opportunity to lead the Herd. Think his other son is decent high school quarterback for the team CP10 is currently coaching. Bring in Byron as OC, and a few others from the late 90s/early 2000s. Rifle could also be on the staff, as well as helping out with the baseball team, and having a few positions with the cheerleaders.
I doubt we'd be able to afford Byron. He got a taste of that NFL money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT