ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago Wants You to Have a Picture ID to Eat

The mayor is attempting to keep bars, restaurants, theatres, etc operational. Even during the "shutdown" period - restaurants and bars were open off and on. It's a huge source of revenue as well as tourist dollars....they are a life blood to the city.

All of Chicago is democrat....has been for decades. This voter ID logic really doesn't apply there (unfortunately).

Never disagreed with requiring an ID to vote. IL does have a voters ID card...but it's not a "picture ID"....and you need to vote in your precinct (obviously).

They wonder why they are bleeding population in those states. Who wants to live life like that?

They will go into the hole. You can't operate like that. Bunch of Nazis. Show your papers.

They wonder why they are bleeding population in those states. Who wants to live life like that?

They will go into the hole. You can't operate like that. Bunch of Nazis. Show your papers.
They’re bleeding population because work from home makes living in cities much less necessary, and living in lower COL areas make much more sense.

They’re bleeding population because work from home makes living in cities much less necessary, and living in lower COL areas make much more sense.
Sure, that is not totally why. If you loved it there you would stay. Again, why would anybody want to live life like that? Seriously? It is ludicrous.

I mean there’s lots of reasons but I think the COL and WFH is driving most of it.

I sure wouldn’t want to live in a large city so I get it. But it’s got nothing to do with having to show a vax card to go to a gym.

WFH is driving most of it

Is this really sustainable forever?

I'm probably too damn afraid to do it, but if I thought I could work it out and it would last I'd have to really think about living in the Friends and Family Trailer Park in Mason County and doing this.

Days pretending to work, evenings at the locks or up at McClintic. Sounds like a great way to rot out what's left, but I'm real skeptical of it working.

Imagine the e-mail saying "this is not a real job anymore, no more money, have a nice day."

City life ain't for everyone... including myself, and COVID spreads much faster with all those human beings living, working and playing close to each other.

Mayor just said "enough!!" to this anti-vaxxer horseshit. She's excluding those folks from bars, restaurants, clubs and theaters. Seems she would rather keep those businesses up and running.

City life ain't for everyone... including myself, and COVID spreads much faster with all those human beings living, working and playing close to each other.

Mayor just said "enough!!" to this anti-vaxxer horseshit. She's excluding those folks from bars, restaurants, clubs and theaters. Seems she would rather keep those businesses up and running.
horse shit. it is a control measure and virtue signaling. It is ludicrous. and franly, anti-American.

I would get the hell out of those states if I lived there. They would do this everywhere and more if they could

She's another of those, do as I say, not as I do type hypocrites, just like greed driving to Carolina during the height of the pandemic.

49303131-10082787-image-m-11_1634530397204.jpg

horse shit. it is a control measure and virtue signaling. It is ludicrous. and franly, anti-American.

I would get the hell out of those states if I lived there. They would do this everywhere and more if they could
Turn off Fox for five minutes and think for cryin' out loud.

When a virus like this rolls through these very large cities, bodies are stacked in refrigerator trucks. That's why they have to monitor it so damned close..and that's why folks who live there aren't whining about wearing a stupid mask like some spoiled three-year-old.

They also have no issue with showing a shot record before going into a bar, restaurant, theater, etc. In fact, the only folks offended by this are the right-wing jackasses that don't even live there....and really have no concept what life is like there except for what they hear from the endless line of BS spewed by Fox.

Last edited:
Turn off Fox for five minutes and think for cryin' out loud.

When a virus like this rolls through these very large cities, bodies are stacked in refrigerator trucks. That's why they have to monitor it so damned close..and that's why folks who live there aren't whining about wearing a stupid mask like some spoiled three-year-old.

They also have no issue with showing a shot record before going into a bar, restaurant, theater, etc. In fact, the only folks offended by this are the right-wing jackasses that don't even live there....and really have no concept what life is like there except for what they hear from the endless line BS spewed by Fox.
My only note is that there are plenty of right wing jackasses who do live here and throw hissy fits.

Reactions: Chevy1
So everywhere else, 90 some percent of everyone bought this stuff.

But in these places you're talking about, 100 percent. Full on everybody just shuts up and does it. No questioning. No hesitance. All in on it.

Oh well. Just no way. I'm not all in on it and never will be. Even if I get the disease.

She's another of those, do as I say, not as I do type hypocrites, just like greed driving to Carolina during the height of the pandemic.
I can't speak to her hypocrisy....but there's a lot of large cities implementing the same mandate - NYC, Boston, LA, Philly.....and there are others. Can't see where her decision is any different from those large cities.

I can't speak to her hypocrisy....but there's a lot of large cities implementing the same mandate - NYC, Boston, LA, Philly.....and there are others. Can't see where her decision is any different from those large cities.
There's a common denominator in each of those cities, as well as many other major cities.

It's responsible for their failed policies.

Do you happen to know what that common denominator happens to be?

Reactions: KyMUfan

You're an idiot.

What was the reason for the last decade?
Lower income people who can’t afford to live in CA are leaving, higher income people who can are coming.

Forgetting about lower "crime" areas too...😉

Sadly those transplants bring the cities' mentality with them and the cycle continues...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT