ADVERTISEMENT

Colombi news??

Yes all we fans care about are numbers! If the concussion is the excuse for lack of numbers then get him off the field and get him proper medical aid.!

I doubt anyone knowingly allowed him to play thru a concussion. We just separated the medical staff from the athletics organizationally to ensure this doesn’t happen if I’m not mistaken.

We will never know the injury status of any of our players. We have Ali doing public events but no clue why he’s not playing.

I know we have privacy rules or whatever, but NC State just posted on Twitter that their QB had a torn pec and is heading for surgery and will be out the rest of the season. Polar opposites in info.

Reactions: herd66 and Jartard
It's easy to pass sideline concussion test. Not so much afterward with scans and such
Concussions don’t show up on scans. It’s easy to bomb concussion baseline screens so when you get a concussion and are retested you look normal. I don’t know Marshall’s preseason concussion testing protocol but it should include neurocognitive testing and some sort of vestibular ocular screening.

Concussions don’t show up on scans. It’s easy to bomb concussion baseline screens so when you get a concussion and are retested you look normal. I don’t know Marshall’s preseason concussion testing protocol but it should include neurocognitive testing and some sort of vestibular ocular screening.
Brain bruise, Swelling. Why do you thinl they do a CAT scan. They did one for my daughter when she got hers

I don’t believe any athlete in any sport should continue to play when seriously injured. I still cringe when I see images of Byron carried down the field by teammates so he could continue to quarterback. He couldn’t even walk!

Last edited:
Brain bruise, Swelling. Why do you thinl they do a CAT scan. They did one for my daughter when she got hers
Those things are not the same as a concussion. A concussion is a metabolic injury to the brain. Bruising and swelling are not always present with a concussion. They do those scans to rule out physical injuries like bleeding, swelling. I’ve written concussion protocols in the past for hospitals/school districts. I’ve diagnosed/treated hundreds of concussions from middle schoolers up through collegiate and semi pro athletes. I’m by no means the go to source for concussions but I know more about diagnosing treating etc than probably anyone posting here.

Those things are not the same as a concussion. A concussion is a metabolic injury to the brain. Bruising and swelling are not always present with a concussion. They do those scans to rule out physical injuries like bleeding, swelling. I’ve written concussion protocols in the past for hospitals/school districts. I’ve diagnosed/treated hundreds of concussions from middle schoolers up through collegiate and semi pro athletes. I’m by no means the go to source for concussions but I know more about diagnosing treating etc than probably anyone posting here.
All I am saying is it's easy to pass on field protocol and that was our experience in dealing with concussions

All I am saying is it's easy to pass on field protocol and that was our experience in dealing with concussions
it’s not easy if there is accurate baseline testing done and the person doing the on field assessment knows their athletes. Athletes lie, I’m not saying your daughter did, so it’s imperative to evaluate them then let them sit for a few and reevaluate them. I know that doesn’t happen but if there is any inkling of a concussion sit them out. It’s never an easy call, I’ve had to sit a senior out at the state championship game, but it’s what’s best for the athlete

Probably a separate thread, but if HC is sidelined, who does Huff settle on as a backup to CF?
On previous depth charts Zamora has been listed as QB3... I don't know if that's just because they have to list someone out of the freshmen, or because he actually is #3, but he'd be my guess.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
On previous depth charts Zamora has been listed as QB3... I don't know if that's just because they have to list someone out of the freshmen, or because he actually is #3, but he'd be my guess.
He should get the start this week see what he has. If not answer play the others and see what you have. Still RS if the do not play too many quarters.

If Zamora is 3rd in depth chart then there is a good chance he plays. Fancher likes to run and more than likely will get dinged up.

Snyder played the most difficult schedules of any football coach. That said, he wasn't ready to be a HC and shouldn't have been.

I'm glad Colombi is doing well, but I was hoping it was true that he was leaving. How many more quarters are we going to see him freeze up out there.
As an outsider, this seems like the perfect time to turn everything over to Fancher and see what he looks like the last six games... Colombi can be the backup.

End the platoon garbage and run the single wing, triple option, Power-I, whatever, with Fancher if that's what he can do successfully.

Fancher should start and play until the end of the season or until he gets injured whichever comes first. Columbi can hold a clipboard.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
I will always be grateful to Colombi for the win in South Bend. But he has had his chance and it's time to try someone new. I would have never thought we would be in this position and hav very little hope of a bowl game.

Colombi in my opinion needs to start making some play calls of his own, when there is a audible and he looks to the sideline he should look to the press box flip Trick Daddy the bird and make his own call and gain some confidence..

why we don’t call short quick routes that are not minus 3yard screens is beyond me. To me it’s simple to Trick Daddy and Bill Legg it’s impossible…

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Colombi in my opinion needs to start making some play calls of his own, when there is a audible and he looks to the sideline he should look to the press box flip Trick Daddy the bird and make his own call and gain some confidence..

why we don’t call short quick routes that are not minus 3yard screens is beyond me. To me it’s simple to Trick Daddy and Bill Legg it’s impossible…
Colombi making his own plays assumes he's good enough to do so.

Colombi making his own plays assumes he's good enough to do so.
That is true.. he has played a lot of football and just needs to throw the ball, even throw it away at times. More throws he can get off the more confidence he can build and things might start clicking.. but with a bad line you can’t go 15/20/50 yard pass routes.

it’s funny how the line gives him enough time to throw every screen pass we have attempted, but not enough time to make a 5 yard WR slant or some type of a TE curl. The QB coaching and play calling isn’t help Colombi..

Play Fancher most of the JMU game and then have Zamora and Harrison alternate as the number 2 for the final 4 games. Fancher starts. Hate it for Henri, appreciate all his efforts but we need to build for 2023, 'cause it's gonna be brutal.

You don't play the freshmen until a bowl game is off the table... Until then you play Fancher with Colombi as the backup.

If a bowl game is no longer an option, then you can start thinking about some rotation of the three freshmen.

What you absolutely can not do, under any circumstances, is "anoint" one of the freshmen the starter and play him exclusively. If you do that, the other two will be in the portal as soon as the last whistle blows at Ga. Southern and you've hitched your wagon to one guy for next year for better or worse.

You don't play the freshmen until a bowl game is off the table... Until then you play Fancher with Colombi as the backup.

If a bowl game is no longer an option, then you can start thinking about some rotation of the three freshmen.

What you absolutely can not do, under any circumstances, is "anoint" one of the freshmen the starter and play him exclusively. If you do that, the other two will be in the portal as soon as the last whistle blows at Ga. Southern and you've hitched your wagon to one guy for next year for better or worse.
I believe next year's starter will be from the portal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT