ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations to Jon Elmore

Jon Elmore:
-is the only player in NCAA history to throw up a stat line of 2500/750/600
-is the only player in NCAA history to hold the career points and assists record for a conference
-led Marshall to its first tournament berth in nearly 30 years and first tournament win ever

He's our best player ever IMO. Also a big congrats to CJ for moving into the top 5 in scoring.

Jon Elmore:
-is the only player in NCAA history to throw up a stat line of 2500/750/600
-is the only player in NCAA history to hold the career points and assists record for a conference
-led Marshall to its first tournament berth in nearly 30 years and first tournament win ever

He's our best player ever IMO. Also a big congrats to CJ for moving into the top 5 in scoring.

Statistically the best offensive player no doubt.

Gotta say when he had 17 and went up for that 3 pointer after a steal, I think the roof was about to come off of the Cam. Shame that rimmed out. It would have given him the CUSA 3 point record in the same shot I think. Great atmosphere tonight for Jon and I'm glad I could be there to see it as well. Perhaps it will be broken again in my lifetime.

I have followed MUBB closely since the Lee/M D’antoni/Noll team. Elmore best I have seen. Never saw Hal Grear play in college, just NBA. So I went back and studied. Grear played on some good teams with some great players. Surprisingly Found that he never led MU in scoring, did lead in rebounding for a couple years. All MAC once. So it’s obvious his NBA accomplishments drive his legend. As far as Henderson and Taft, two things separate Elmore for me. One, his position, Elmore is a point guard and those two were shooting guards. His job description entailed getting others opportunities to score. Something he is extremely good at. If you add Henderson and Taft’s assists together you don’t get Elmore’s. It was like not only was he Henderson, but Battle as well; Taft and Andy Paul Williamson. So it appears to me that he could have scored even more if that was his job. IMO Russell Lee was second best I’ve seen. Second, and I think most important, he showed up big when it mattered the most. I will never forget the CUSA championship game or the NCAA win in San Diego. IMO, He led MUBB to its greatest Bball accomplishment ever. We don’t really know what will happen with NBA for Elmore. I for one, wouldn’t bet against him. Elmore=Goat

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT