ADVERTISEMENT

Danny is the King of Moral Victories

Problem is the game is two halves - exactly the type of thing ( his comment) I have noted previously.

The longer this goes on the more of a joke it appears to be , as said , tired of NBA traveling , should be retired , and is just spinning the programs wheels...thanks MH.

Ahem, that lane didn't look too drivable first half.

Clearly outmatched, team played hard but MTSU is at a different level.

Proud of the team they did not QUIT which is something football needs to figure out.

If dan hates losing then get off your butt and go get some players. He is not good enough coach to win with less talent. He is not huggins.He dont seem upset at all. Has grandpa got a technical this year. He is almost retired. Looking like he wont get us into the tourney in his stay here. Im pissed i will be 60 before we get into the dance.

If dan hates losing then get off your butt and go get some players. He is not good enough coach to win with less talent. He is not huggins.He dont seem upset at all. Has grandpa got a technical this year. He is almost retired. Looking like he wont get us into the tourney in his stay here. Im pissed i will be 60 before we get into the dance.
I'm 70 and quite willing to be patient. Most of Marshall fans are happy with what D'Antoni has done and is doing.
We all want to go the NCAA and I can see coming soon! Just keep being negative, but you are in a small minority.

I like him and he has my support, but I'll have to be honest with myself and say that his bark has been much worse on our opponents than his teams' bite.

I don't think he is into Moral Victories at all, he's just doing what little he knows to do to placate MU fans and keep them coming to the games. He knows that his recruiting is going to be highly effected by fan support and kids seeing the love of their school by the supporters. So I give him that.

I'm 70 and quite willing to be patient. Most of Marshall fans are happy with what D'Antoni has done and is doing.
We all want to go the NCAA and I can see coming soon! Just keep being negative, but you are in a small minority.

That is why I call them loveable losers

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
I like him and he has my support, but I'll have to be honest with myself and say that his bark has been much worse on our opponents than his teams' bite.

I don't think he is into Moral Victories at all, he's just doing what little he knows to do to placate MU fans and keep them coming to the games. He knows that his recruiting is going to be highly effected by fan support and kids seeing the love of their school by the supporters. So I give him that.

Recruits dont give a flip about fan support. They care about the system, how many games on TV, and playing time.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
Have you not been reading about who he is after or has already signed?

Have you not been reading about who he is after or has already signed?

He is after JUCO kids from the lower levels of JUCO, his best recruit is a prop, the kids he sign have been scrubs even HS benchwarmers averaging 2 ppg.

The man and his staff cant recruit for shit.

He is after JUCO kids from the lower levels of JUCO, his best recruit is a prop, the kids he sign have been scrubs even HS benchwarmers averaging 2 ppg.

The man and his staff cant recruit for shit.
Since you are NOT a Marshall fan, why would you care?

For another 2 cent opinion, here's mine. Last year we beat MTSU in Huntington, if I remember correctly. The chief difference is that we had James Kelly up front along with Ryan to keep the Raiders from totally dominating inside.

This year, without Kelly, we had only a "developing" Penava supporting Ryan up front, with a few brief minutes from Milan. The Blue Raiders? No problems. Even when experienced senior forward, Reggie Upshaw, goes out early with fouls, the Raiders cruised to an unsurmountable lead. Reason: quality front court depth led by senior transfer JaCorey Williams, surely the conference's newcomer of the year, and a 6'10, 270# frontcourt player WITH TALENT, to go along with veteran backcourt shooter, Giddy Potts, and a quick freshman point guard!! In other words, Coach Davis got at least one immediate IMPACT PLAYER for this season; Coach D did NOT. Just tells us what the real off season objective for the MU staff should be this spring/early summer!!

Herdmeister how many recruits can take the floor next year that can help underneath. Should already have them. Im just disappointed over laat nights game. Thought we were coming back. We need to strive to ball like MTSU

Im not negative im just saying what im seeing. I go to all the games and what i say on here has nothing to do with the success of marshall basketball. If it did i just would not post.70 and still satisfied with never contending for anything. Looking at the banners at the cam is sad. 5 trips in 110 years. Win and they will come. Lose and they will still come.
Stupid to bash herd fans. Not their fault at home

WKU went out and got 2 five star players. Thats what Dan should strive to do. All those years at the beach hasnt opened the door for dan to land one player down there. Or have they? Nba coach should have connections all over the country

Reactions: Herd Fever
That is why I call them loveable losers
They are not losers. They show more discipline, work ethic, teamwork and desire than any of Herrion's teams. They have a winning record and played a much tougher out of conference schedule. They are have a winning record and you present as the loser. You certainly have an opinion that is contrary to most Marshall fans about Coach D'Antoni and his players. You perseveration of negativity about them borders on pathological.

Reactions: herd2believe
I caught some of the game on tv, and while I'll admit coach D runs a fun brand of basketball, the total lack of any inside presence is just shocking. If the herd could add a few guys to defend and rebound the ball, while adding a little offense, then coach will really have something and will have a chance to win the conference and a trip to the dance. I hope he gets those guys soon.

Its the basketball equivalent of the "Moneyball" system from baseball, and I figure Dan's tenure at Marshall will end with as many NCAA Tournament appearances as Billy Beane has World Series rings.

I caught some of the game on tv, and while I'll admit coach D runs a fun brand of basketball, the total lack of any inside presence is just shocking. If the herd could add a few guys to defend and rebound the ball, while adding a little offense, then coach will really have something and will have a chance to win the conference and a trip to the dance. I hope he gets those guys soon.
They are on the way. Most likely 1 and maybe 2 next year

The game was like several this year - get blown out in the first half and then make it close. Most seem to take that as no quit in the team, and that's partially true. What most don't say is that it isn't easy to keep your focus when you're up 20 and clearly in control of the game. Middle didn't play with nearly the defensive intensity in the second half, which opened up things that they denied in the first half.

Anyone notice that Middle Tennessee only had two- TWO (2) players from Tennessee! Uh hmmm!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT