ADVERTISEMENT

Dan's "Invisible" Defense

I guess DD had a presser after the Pitt game last night and a reporter asked him about taking a lot of three's. DD asked the reporter if he ever watched the NBA. Reporter said yes. DD wants to model this team like GS or his brother's Houston team. There is NO ONE on this Herd team that would even come close to Harden or Currey.

To be fair, there is probably no one in the world who would come close to Curry. He's possibly the greatest shooter of all time

We are last in CUSA in defense and 343 out of 351 D1 schools in defense.

We are basically forced to shoot over 50% to have a chance to win a game.

I liken the fast paced offense but we gotta D it up better.

We are last in CUSA in defense and 343 out of 351 D1 schools in defense.

We are basically forced to shoot over 50% to have a chance to win a game.

I liken the fast paced offense but we gotta D it up better.

Good News: D was pretty darn good today, holding FIU to only 70 points!!

Bad News: Although this was a conference game, FIU was about equal to West Virginia Wesleyan in talent!!!!

Well, how many times since then has Huggs' teams, WVU or K-State been in the Big Dance? And we have been there when, uh, oh yeah, in Huck's days, about 30 years ago; 3 decades, 3 DECADES. Dan TALKS about going to the Big D, and hopes he makes it. Believe he will seriously have to RAMP UP recruiting levels before we will become a SERIOUS THREAT to being a Big D participant or other relevant post season contender. Less projects from "wherever" who are slow to, or never, develop and LESS emphasis on non-D1 caliber players from the "304"!!!

Some of you may not remember, or have forgotten, our previous Herd grad, Mullens native's tenure as a head coach. Had a pretty good overall winning per centage. Also, emphasized in state recruiting as much, or more, than Danny D. Remember Joda Burgess, Romel "Stuff" Lynch, Tink Brown, Ibanez kid from Wheeling, Tamar Slay, Sidney Coles, Josh Prey, Corny Jackson, etc.? Some were pretty decent D1 caliber players; others not so much. But none of them during Greg's tenure EVER MADE IT TO THE NIT OR NCAA!!
shut up. you've made enough of a fool of yourself in this thread.

Reactions: horsrman
as I recall it was Chuggy's friends in Charleston, not necessarily Herd fans or supporters. No one would hire him at the time. Kayo publicly shut the door on it in the newspaper. I'm sure someone can find the old quote. Then Kstate hired him and all was forgiven much like Petrino - -the fat bastard was hireable again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT