ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats aren’t done....

I wasn't aware Trump had even been charged with insurrection. Originalism means a state can take a candidate off the ballot without even being charged for insurrection? Interesting take.
What's the charge for a 34 year old natural born citizen trying to get on a presidential ballot?

speaking of bullshit . . . not even a nice try.
Believe it or not, when the courts explain something they also cite precedent and history. So thanks for admitting the courts are full of bullshit, I guess 🙄
you really have stepped across the bounds of mentally deranged liberalism.
I'm starting to think you were educated at ITT or U of Phoenix.

you will see your younger you being extremely disappointed.
My brother in Christ, I was an Originalist before it was cool; I am giving you the real-deal argument here.

I wasn't aware Trump had even been charged with insurrection. Originalism means a state can take a candidate off the ballot without even being charged for insurrection? Interesting take.
Jefferson Davis, of all people, was never tried. Congress voted that he should be tried for treason by a military court, but he was never put on trial.

Interestingly for our topic of discussion, Davis' attorneys argued his disqualification for office under the 14th was his punishment, and further charges would be double jeopardy. Note that they argued Davis was disqualified without having been tried and convicted of anything. There's an argument Trump's lawyers should have tried, accept the Insurrection Clause and argue double jeopardy in the DC case! Appeals were split on this argument, the case was certified to be sent to SCOTUS, and President Johnson, concerned the Court would side with Johnson, said "fvck it" and pardoned every single person involved involved in the rebellion.

And of course, schools don't teach this.

So let me ask you this: do you think the framers of the 14th would be cool with President Jefferson Davis? Haha, of course not. I guess it's a good thing he had a sense of shame and didn't do like Trump and run again.

Jefferson Davis, of all people, was never tried. Congress voted that he should be tried for treason by a military court, but he was never put on trial.

Interestingly for our topic of discussion, Davis' attorneys argued his disqualification for office under the 14th was his punishment, and further charges would be double jeopardy. Note that they argued Davis was disqualified without having been tried and convicted of anything. There's an argument Trump's lawyers should have tried, accept the Insurrection Clause and argue double jeopardy in the DC case! Appeals were split on this argument, the case was certified to be sent to SCOTUS, and President Johnson, concerned the Court would side with Johnson, said "fvck it" and pardoned every single person involved involved in the rebellion.

And of course, schools don't teach this.

So let me ask you this: do you think the framers of the 14th would be cool with President Jefferson Davis? Haha, of course not. I guess it's a good thing he had a sense of shame and didn't do like Trump and run again.
Jefferson Davis actually led and participated in an insurrection. That’s another glaring difference.

Apparently money doesn't buy you an understanding of Originalism, nor belief in it, unless perhaps you paid tuition at Hillsdale.
yore arguing states have power over federal law, for chrissake, which flies directly in the face of originalism. your claim to be an originalist doesn't make it so, especially when you apprently don't understand the concept, taken from your attempt to intertwine states and federal rights.

on top of that, yore arguing that trump should've taken the insurrection charge in colorado as if he participated in an insurrection? reggie, please. not even you believe that he did . . . or, maybe you do. probably so, given yore latest serial killer attempt.

ur liberal side seems to have taken over the "libertarian" you've claimed to be. but, hey, i'm sure you have originalist libertarian in you. it HAS to be there . . . because it's never come out.

yore arguing states have power over federal law
I believe Colorado was following the Constitution. Or as they understood it to be. I don't believe it was a good idea.
on top of that, yore arguing that trump should've taken the insurrection charge in colorado as if he participated in an insurrection?
If it kept my ass out of prison to not run again, I d take it.

It's definitely an argument from history, and that was my point.
not even you believe that he did
I believe the insurrection was the fake electors plot, cajoling Pence to play along, as well as pressuring Georgia officials to bullshit the results. Trump would not have even needed the Jan 6 riot if these plans had been successful...why delay certification if you pull off the other stuff? If anything, the riot was probably the dumbest part of the plan.

If it kept my ass out of prison to not run again, I d take it

I believe the insurrection was the fake electors plot
It’s almost like you are suggesting it trump wasn’t considering/or actually running then he wouldn’t have been charged……

Alternate electors are just alternate electors. You either select them or you don’t.

not, but if so, don't care. i'll pay more in tax for last year (that i'm not happy about) than you likely made.
I was going to say this was a Rifle-esque statement, but he cheats on his taxes, so I immediately retract such statement.

• Haha
Reactions: WV-FAN
It’s almost like you are suggesting it trump wasn’t considering/or actually running then he wouldn’t have been charged……
No, I'm suggesting if it was good enough for Jeff Davis' lawyers, maybe it is good enough for Trump's. Throw that shit against the wall and see if it sticks.
Alternate electors are just alternate electors. You either select them or you don’t.
Alternate is not the same as fake. Alternate means a backup, in case someone gets sick and can't make it or dies. Fake means swearing you are a true elector but you're not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT