ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats Donate More than Deplorables

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
Not a surprise. Even though red state Utah was found to donate the most for the fourth straight year (obviously, in large part to me), Dems were found to be more giving:

"The report found blue states are more generous than red states."

Not a surprise. Even though red state Utah was found to donate the most for the fourth straight year (obviously, in large part to me), Dems were found to be more giving:

"The report found blue states are more generous than red states."

Critical thinking says there are red people that live in blue states. Let's look at individual charitable giving instead.

"If, however, you zero in on giving that is heavier or lighter than the middle range (the bars pictured here), you find that the parties differ a lot. Democrats and Independents both had many zero-to-very-light givers (less than $100 for the year), and modest numbers of heavier givers. Republicans, in comparison, had comparatively few skinflints, and numerous serious donors—31 percent sharing at least $1,000 with charity, versus 17 percent among Democrats, and 20 percent among Independents."

We tip better too...

"The credit card information website teamed up with researchers from Princeton and surveyed about 1,000 adults across the U.S. Their study indicates that the best tippers are men, Republicans, from the Northeast, and customers paying with a credit or debit card. These groups generally tip a median of 20% when dining at a restaurant."

Speaking of charity, if I give you $10 will you give me $20 in return?

This is fun! 🙂

Reactions: 30CAT
Critical thinking says there are red people that live in blue states. Let's look at individual charitable giving instead.

"If, however, you zero in on giving that is heavier or lighter than the middle range (the bars pictured here), you find that the parties differ a lot. Democrats and Independents both had many zero-to-very-light givers (less than $100 for the year), and modest numbers of heavier givers. Republicans, in comparison, had comparatively few skinflints, and numerous serious donors—31 percent sharing at least $1,000 with charity, versus 17 percent among Democrats, and 20 percent among Independents."

We tip better too...

"The credit card information website teamed up with researchers from Princeton and surveyed about 1,000 adults across the U.S. Their study indicates that the best tippers are men, Republicans, from the Northeast, and customers paying with a credit or debit card. These groups generally tip a median of 20% when dining at a restaurant."

This is fun! 🙂
It takes a true moron to post a link with this table and then try to claim it as a win for Republicans:

Who knew that Mormons were liberal.
What are you taking about, pediatric bodyrubber?

We tip better too...

This is fun! 🙂
Libs prefer that you are forced to give instead

Yep, conservatives have always been more charitable. To try to paint that any other way is just dishonest.

Liberals try to take stolen valor off the giving levels of people like Gates, but your average liberal is self centered.
all one has to do is skim game programs at MU....my guess is if anyone knows any self proclaimed wealthy liberal's real name....you won't see them donating a cent to MU despite the fact they spend enormous amounts of time on message boards groveling for attention

Reactions: Jartard
It takes a true moron to post a link with this table and then try to claim it as a win for Republicans:

Well you'd know about being a moron by trying to equate giving by state to giving by individuals.

Now read it again. And again slowly... 35% of Democrats that give to charity give less than $100 per year while 19% of Republicans do the same. However 12% of Republicans give over $5k per year compared to 4% of Democrats.

What does this mean? Using simple math (there's that word again) it means that Republicans are 300% more likely to give over $5k per year proving Republicans are more charitable than Democrats.

You lose. Again. Win to the Republicans.

This is fun. Let's keep playing.

Now about being a moron...

If I give you $10 will you give me $20 in return?

I think that would be a great deal for you...

Reactions: 19MU88
Well you'd know about being a moron by trying to equate giving by state to giving by individuals.

Now read it again. And again slowly... 35% of Democrats that give to charity give less than $100 per year while 19% of Republicans do the same. However 12% of Republicans give over $5k per year compared to 4% of Democrats.

What does this mean? Using simple math (there's that word again) it means that Republicans are 300% more likely to give over $5k per year proving Republicans are more charitable than Democrats.

You lose. Again. Win to the Republicans.

This is fun. Let's keep playing.

Now about being a moron...

If I give you $10 will you give me $20 in return?

I think that would be a great deal for you...
Let me dumb this down for you:

If a billionaire donates $20 but a fifth-grade fee Herd donates $15, who is more charitable?

Then, come back and explain which party has more of it being charitable. You lose, again.

Lol!!!! rifle taking advantage of churches in a liberal state to come up with his stats.

Conservatives are significantly more charitable than liberals at an overall level.

Democrats, their policies and their bleaters are destroying our country.

• Haha
Reactions: KyMUfan and 19MU88
Lol!!!! rifle taking advantage of churches in a liberal state to come up with his stats.

Conservatives are significantly more charitable than liberals at an overall level.

Democrats, their policies and their bleaters are destroying our country.
You're a lying idiot.

Let me dumb this down for you:

Funny but every time you post you dumb things down. I think that is what is called an unintended consequence...

If a billionaire donates $20 but a fifth-grade fee Herd donates $15, who is more charitable?

Can you define fifth-grade fee Herd???

The Holy Bible contains the wisdom of the ages. Unfortunately you don't get that though I wish you would. However to answer your question I will defer to the Words of Jesus:

Mark 12:41-44
New International Version
The Widow’s Offering
41 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.

43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”

Sorry but case closed. Jesus gets the final word, not you or me.

Reactions: 30CAT
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT