ADVERTISEMENT

DJIA

You don’t know what you’re arguing.
You lost. Banker wont even agree with you. At least his is opinion based, which isn’t always able to be debated. You, on the other hand, can’t even follow a discussion and are using illogic. Again, the point in question is half of the term, which is 24 months.

So if banner argues that 18 isn’t “near” 24, how are you arguing that 34 is “almost all” of 48?

You shifting the argument away from me is as close to admitting defeat as I’ve seen you get. Baby steps to a better you. Congrats.

Reactions: 19MU88 and 30CAT
You shifting the argument away from me is as close to admitting defeat as I’ve seen you get. Baby steps to a better you. Congrats.
You're arguing an opinion. You don't think 75% of something is near completing it. That's fine, even though I showed with my analogy about driving from Huntington to Ohio is "near" at 75%.

Regardless, what do you think about the piece of shit as a human: 1) That he's too dumb to be able to follow a conversation and 2) That he thinks something 71% is "almost all" (argued that twice) even though you argued that a greater percentage (75%) is not "near"? Are you going to say the same things to him or are you intellectually dishonest?

I’m not arguing anything, I’m correctly pointing out that 18 of 48 is not “almost” 50%. You could argue that it’s almost 40%. You could rightfully state that it’s almost 38%.

The definition of almost is very nearly. That would not describe 37.5 relative to 50, so the market was not flat “almost 50% of Trump’s term”. You are wrong.

I’m not arguing anything, I’m correctly pointing out that 18 of 48 is not “almost” 50%. You could argue that it’s almost 40%. You could rightfully state that it’s almost 38%.

The definition of almost is very nearly. That would not describe 37.5 relative to 50, so the market was not flat “almost 50% of Trump’s term”. You are wrong.
So if it were 39%, I could argue that it’s nearly 40%, but if it’s two percent more (41%), I could argue that it’s nearly 50%? That’s not good logic.

If a basketball team made 18 of their 24 attempted threes in a game, you’d have no problem if somebody said “the team made almost all of the threes that they took.” My comment is the same exact thing.

Now, how about weighing in on my last paragraph from the previous post. Is 34 “almost all” of 48?

You lost. Banker wont even agree with you.
Yep. He is agreeing with me. The point in question was your original claim that “half of trumps tenure the Dow was flat”. There is no logical argument supporting your position. You were wrong. You lost. Carry on.

Reactions: 30CAT
Typical, for someone that lives to troll and debate on message boards, and places great emphasis on his message board prowess, you'd think he'd be better. Pathetic

Reactions: raleighherdfan
So if it were 39%, I could argue that it’s nearly 40%, but if it’s two percent more (41%), I could argue that it’s nearly 50%? That’s not good logic.

If a basketball team made 18 of their 24 attempted threes in a game, you’d have no problem if somebody said “the team made almost all of the threes that they took.” My comment is the same exact thing.

Now, how about weighing in on my last paragraph from the previous post. Is 34 “almost all” of 48?
No, 41 is not almost 50, 41 is not very nearly 50. A 41 year old if not “almost 50”, for example.

Are you really not grasping these truths or are you just willing to act stupid rather than admitting you’re wrong? Personally, I would rather be thought of as wrong than stupid, but you do you.

Yep. He is agreeing with me.
No, he isn't at all. The argument is about if 18 is nearly half of 48 (24). He argues that it isn't, but then you state, multiple times, that 34 is "almost all" of 48, which destroys his argument against me.

Explain how 34 is "almost all" of 48 yet 18 isn't nearly half of 48.

Yep. He is agreeing with me. The point in question was your original claim that “half of trumps tenure the Dow was flat”. There is no logical argument supporting your position. You were wrong. You lost. Carry on.
Wrong. I said "nearly," and it was flat for nearly half of his tenure. Now, if that isn't accurate, then your multiple comments about 34 being "almost all" of 48 is wrong.

No, 41 is not almost 50, 41 is not very nearly 50. A 41 year old if not “almost 50”, for example.
Pretend that you have a young child in your backseat. You're driving that child to a doctor's appointment from Proctorville to Charleston, which is 50 miles. Assume, after driving 41 of those 50 miles, the child asks "are we there yet?" Are you saying that it is wrong to tell the child that you are "nearly" or "almost" there after having gone 41 of the 50 miles?

And why do you keep avoiding the piece of shit human being's multiple comments about 34 being "almost all" of 48? Stop being a coward.

No, he isn't at all. The argument is about if 18 is nearly half of 48 (24). He argues that it isn't, but then you state, multiple times, that 34 is "almost all" of 48, which destroys his argument against me.

Explain how 34 is "almost all" of 48 yet 18 isn't nearly half of 48.

Wrong. I said "nearly," and it was flat for nearly half of his tenure. Now, if that isn't accurate, then your multiple comments about 34 being "almost all" of 48 is wrong.

Pretend that you have a young child in your backseat. You're driving that child to a doctor's appointment from Proctorville to Charleston, which is 50 miles. Assume, after driving 41 of those 50 miles, the child asks "are we there yet?" Are you saying that it is wrong to tell the child that you are "nearly" or "almost" there after having gone 41 of the 50 miles?

And why do you keep avoiding the piece of shit human being's multiple comments about 34 being "almost all" of 48? Stop being a coward.
I’m focused on you being wrong in our conversation. If you believe you aren’t wrong, then you can’t believe you are right in your other conversation. Once you believe that exaggerating is allowed, it’s hard to define just what too much exaggeration is.

What you don’t seem to be able to grasp is that you are being punked by RHF on this simply principle.

I’m focused on you being wrong in our conversation. If you believe you aren’t wrong, then you can’t believe you are right in your other conversation. Once you believe that exaggerating is allowed, it’s hard to define just what too much exaggeration is.
So you're going to avoid answering what you tell the child in the backseat when asked if you're almost there after driving 41 of the 50 miles to your destination? That's cowardly.

What you don’t seem to be able to grasp is that you are being punked by RHF on this simply principle.
So he was using that, twice, for his argument against me, but your claim is that he was "punking" me? Riiiiight! That makes you a coward twice to ignore those questions.

you're going to avoid answering what you tell the child in the backseat when asked if you're almost there after driving 41 of the 50 miles to your destination? That's cowardly.

So he was using that, twice, for his argument against me, but your claim is that he was "punking" me? Riiiiight! That makes you a coward twice to ignore those questions.

Steve Harvey Win GIF by ABC Network

41 miles is not almost 50 so I wouldn’t lie and say we are almost there. I would explain that we are more than 80% there, or 4/5th. This would help the child understand both fractions and percentages. Doing this would help them to not grow up and make dumb arguments.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT