ADVERTISEMENT

Doc is out

This is the end of Marshall football as a relevant thing.

U8mH-2Aw9dQZXnYyi1uH9rknDBJZHDFKtqeTDc96ZWhdK5EOpuf2Bs0-tjNpzGI5iMvjb6qEBR9u5J9F6rS7-y4FUt_VLcShMbS2bLAeo9HnlDjvJL1YMut-2c2uhOF_fxdGlmk

This is the end of Marshall football as a relevant thing. The unrealistic super fans have driven off a fine coach. No one of merit would want to work here. Probably end up with LOSER Brad Lambert. Who else would want this job?

Loser Lambert will probably get, what, 2 years, before the superfans turn on him, probably gone in four or five years. Replaced by whatever. MU will be in I-AA, or not have football, within 10 years.
Wow. How will Marshall ever handle such a tragedy?

Since we are talking about successors, the list of applicants will be very short.

What we should want is a young, successful assistant from the P5 or a young, successful HC from I-AA or D2. Preferably with a good personality, and a proven recruiting resume.

But nobody like that will want this job. Unrealistic expectation mean they will look for a better gig.

Meaning we get one of two things.

Somebody with "issues". NCAA probation issues, player behavior issues, age, personality whatever.

A retread loser. Like Brad Lambert.

It is all we can expect.
What if I told you Bobby is back?

Since we are talking about successors, the list of applicants will be very short.

What we should want is a young, successful assistant from the P5 or a young, successful HC from I-AA or D2. Preferably with a good personality, and a proven recruiting resume.

But nobody like that will want this job. Unrealistic expectation mean they will look for a better gig.

Somebody with "issues". NCAA probation issues, player behavior issues, age, personality whatever.

It is all we can expect.
So, Sam, when Doc was hired did we get a young coach? NO! Did we get a successful 1-AA or D2 HC? NO! Did we get a coach with a good personality? HELL NO!! So now you want a HC who has lots of qualities that Doc did not exhibit.

This is the end of Marshall football as a relevant thing. The unrealistic super fans have driven off a fine coach. No one of merit would want to work here. Probably end up with LOSER Brad Lambert. Who else would want this job?

Loser Lambert will probably get, what, 2 years, before the superfans turn on him, probably gone in four or five years. Replaced by whatever. MU will be in I-AA, or not have football, within 10 years.
Gee Sam: maybe Marshall football just isn’t for you......😳

At the very least, the Wedge Driver is relegated to the basement for a while! Knew I should’ve thrown that *#%$&er in the lake the 1st time it shanked on me!!

Reactions: Badger369
This is exactly why everyone on here thinks you are on drugs.
Sam is an example of why you should never make coaches your friends or see them as anything other than people hired to do a job. He and some others look at Doc like he's their dad. He was hired to a job and he didn't do it. Time to find someone that can.

It is all we can expect.
I always see the “good personality” as a requirement here. I really don’t understand it...why do you care what his personality is like. Do you plan to hang out with the new coach and watch movies? Are you going to introduce your daughter and propose a date?

I just want a coach that can win meaningful games/and recruit his tits off or at least surround himself with others that can. After that he can go around Huntington and spit in the face of every teacher, child, and nurse. If he does all of this I’d even be cool with him heading over to Pullman Square after every game and taking a dump on the lawn. Have at it big boy, you deserve it.

Last year I was in Birmingham for the MU vs UAB basketball game.At halftime they introduced Bill Clark and his team to congratulate them for a bowl win. Following Clark's talk he had me so fired up I was ready to buy a UAB shirt and cheer on the Blazers. So yes, personality does matter

Last year I was in Birmingham for the MU vs UAB basketball game.At halftime they introduced Bill Clark and his team to congratulate them for a bowl win. Following Clark's talk he had me so fired up I was ready to buy a UAB shirt and cheer on the Blazers. So yes, personality does matter
How many TDs did you score in the next game?

What if I told you Bobby is back?

I wouldn't totally dismiss the possibility although I think it would be a poor decision. I could see a Stewart/Holgorsen arrangement (except it would be amicable). Pruett would be the coach while Pennington would be OC and coach in waiting (for his son). I think Hamrick would resign first though. I'm of the opinion he intended to hire Jeff Neubauer before he had his wrist slapped. As much as Hamrick understands the value of money, I don't think he'd kowtow again to those who have the $ and want Pruett back. A couple things for sure- 1) it would sure throw a wrench into the basketball/football tug of war that's been suggested as of late. 2) David Ridpath would be burning up the phone lines.

I love the attitude that we shouldn’t want to be a stepping stone... cause that’s exactly what we should try to be. The stepping stone. We should look to hire the next big name and let him use us.

Reactions: mlblack16.
I love the attitude that we shouldn’t want to be a stepping stone... cause that’s exactly what we should try to be. The stepping stone. We should look to hire the next big name and let him use us.
I would hate to hear what your dating life is like.

Reactions: 704HERDfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT