ADVERTISEMENT

Doc signing Long Term Extension

I know who exactly he is. He doesn't need an introduction.

Doesn't change the fact that Pruett quitting those last few years started the tailspin Doc dug us out of

finally!

something to fight about other than our bowl game
3dgrin.r191677.gif

So you know who the guy is and he directly contradicts the things you say. Yet you know more about it than he does. YOU ARE A GD GENIUS GUMP!

And exactly did he contradict? That I feel the football team is at it's best point on and off the field since the 1999 season??

H8WVU posted on 12/23/2014...

Great news!! Glad to keep Doc!! He is doing great things for us! Now keep Heater, Legg, Sinclair and Mirabal.

I agree with that.

I've said this before and will happily again. half you guys don't know carp except what you did read or speculate on bob. bob never gave up...he quit because he was railroaded and had health issues...some of you don't realize how close he was to death

. I don't live and die with recruiting rankings because they're made up by people who don't recruit. I know you live and die with it. Hell, people can't even post twitter updates because your undies get bunched.

Do you realize that pruetts last class had 3 future pros? Baldridge spillman McClellan Not to mention Legursky and Bradshaw the year before, or Bernard Morris? Name a class since that had 3 pros in it. Even 5 in two years is tough but coach did that several times.

Do you realize that in the winter of 98 coach Pruett was selling the ipf that just got put up? Of course you don't. Can you imagine the frustration after the money you raised for that building goes missing? Of course you can't.

Do you realize that you also run people off of this board because of your obnoxious behavior? You attack people constantly and disappear when called out on said behavior. You jump sistersville for putting out an update on an old coach then vanish after everyone called out your behavior.

I came to this school because the fans loved the herd and had unconditional support. Now it seems as though all fans would rather be 'right' on the internet than to support the school/team in the best way possible. That's bringing a friend to the game and telling them about OUR STORY so that maybe they'll come back and fall in love with what you fell in love with.

Sometime during the Snyder years it became about pitting Pruett against anything and everything. None of the coaches prior or since will ever care more about or give more of themselves to this school and community than Bobby and Elsie Pruett.

Originally posted by Sslt75:
. I don't live and die with recruiting rankings because they're made up by people who don't recruit. I know you live and die with it. Hell, people can't even post twitter updates because your undies get bunched.

Do you realize that pruetts last class had 3 future pros? Baldridge spillman McClellan Not to mention Legursky and Bradshaw the year before, or Bernard Morris? Name a class since that had 3 pros in it. Even 5 in two years is tough but coach did that several times.

Do you realize that in the winter of 98 coach Pruett was selling the ipf that just got put up? Of course you don't. Can you imagine the frustration after the money you raised for that building goes missing? Of course you can't.

Do you realize that you also run people off of this board because of your obnoxious behavior? You attack people constantly and disappear when called out on said behavior. You jump sistersville for putting out an update on an old coach then vanish after everyone called out your behavior.

I came to this school because the fans loved the herd and had unconditional support. Now it seems as though all fans would rather be 'right' on the internet than to support the school/team in the best way possible. That's bringing a friend to the game and telling them about OUR STORY so that maybe they'll come back and fall in love with what you fell in love with.

Sometime during the Snyder years it became about pitting Pruett against anything and everything. None of the coaches prior or since will ever care more about or give more of themselves to this school and community than Bobby and Elsie Pruett.
Awesome Steve just awesome!

I wouldn't go that far. Fever just thinks he really really know everything. He has the fever, just needs to harness his fever.

Pruett could recruit. But he was better at having a great staff who developed talent well. The game now is all about recruiting, developing talent doesn't sell as well to the general public as stars next to someone's name and kids taking baths with their recruiting letters. Rivals did a great job of blowing this industry up, but it's to the detriment of the college game. And to the benefit of their pockets. Everyone gets money except for the players. Who get snacks.

Sslt75 posted on 12/23/2014...

Thanks H8WVU. Played as hard as I could.

Steve, I thank you for coming on and putting in your two cents. The part that confuses me and I have a hard time believing is the health story. I have never heard what his health issue was. I also can't believe that it was seriously life threatening. The fall after he left I happened to call a big time booster on Saturday before a game. When I asked if he was going. He said he wasn't because he was going to the KU game in Lexington. He was taking Coach Pruitt over to meet with a or some Kentucky execs about the upcoming coaching position there. I never understood how he could have been so bad off health wise to walk away the way he did and then be able to pursue another job the next season. Again, thanks for your time as a player and thanks for coming on.

Originally posted by caliherd:
Just an FYI Herd Fever the guy you are arguing with was a star on those teams and playedIin the NFL but I'm sure you know way more about it than him.
So you are saying he is biased towards those teams and conference being better. The 1999 team was our best, but CUSA is still rated higher than the MAC conference from those days though we helped prop it up a little like Boise St did the WAC.

Those last years in the MAC saw an unbelievable run on QB talent for a mid major conference. Also had some great skill guys and linemen on both sides of the ball. I would argue that the MAC during our time there was far superior than the current CUSA.

Yeah those are the ratings, same ratings that rifle has been showing that state Illinois state is a better team than niu and Illinois.

It's all relative. If you think a league that had Big Ben frye Byron gradkowski and cribbs as qbs at the same time isn't as good as the league we play in now, that's fine. You like numbers. I just remember lining up against dudes like Cullen Jenkins and Elton Patterson and talking to them after nfl games. We'd talk about the quality olinemen and dlinemen in our league that were still playing. Hell Cullen has made a ton of cash playing. There are not a bunch of o and d linemen that will do that in our league. You guys do remember that we had like 19 dudes from Marshall in the nfl in 04?

Originally posted by pdbailey:
Originally posted by caliherd:
Just an FYI Herd Fever the guy you are arguing with was a star on those teams and playedIin the NFL but I'm sure you know way more about it than him.
So you are saying he is biased towards those teams and conference being better. The 1999 team was our best, but CUSA is still rated higher than the MAC conference from those days though we helped prop it up a little like Boise St did the WAC.No Im actually saying that a guy who actually played for us during that era who also happens to be a Marshall Hall of Famer and a former NFL player may know more about the quality of the competition we played during that era and the type of character of the guys we recruited and played for us during that era than people who post on a message board but thats just me.

I don't know why folks have to trash BP. That's just craziness to me.

Also I love the 2014 team but I am not sure they have the depth we did in 1999.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Sslt75:

Good post.

I think "most" people around the program back then enjoyed Coach Pruett and all respected what he did for Marshall. Just as I maintain that "most" people around the program now like Doc and what he has done so far. It's not, or at least should not be, about one against the other.

Must not have had a Pitt..

offer. How long do I have to pay taxes to support MU?

Originally posted by Herd Fever:
I started at Marshall in 03 which the team went 8-4 with no bowl game that also included many fights off the field, arrests, and preceded a 6-6 season and a team that didn't deserve to be in a bowl game in 2004

Like I said the football program is in it's best shape on and off the field since January 1st, 2000
You are a freakin' idiot. I am not sure this years squad could be those teams.

Originally posted by banker6796:
Those last years in the MAC saw an unbelievable run on QB talent for a mid major conference. Also had some great skill guys and linemen on both sides of the ball. I would argue that the MAC during our time there was far superior than the current CUSA.
I agree. The MAC then was superior to THIS version of CUSA. Incredible qb talent and some great skill players as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT