ADVERTISEMENT

Doc signing Long Term Extension

"Doc isnt loyal to us. Hes a wvu guy. He is so full of BS."

-mba

I hope the Marshall MBA program's standards are a bit better now than when mba was in it. Surely they don't accept stupid people like him anymore.

As opposed to what post season basketball tournament we go to this year?

Come on extragreenherdman...lets hear your silly little rants against Marshall. Oh wait actually lets not...just shut up.

Originally posted by greenherdman:
And who do we get in next years bowl, Toledo? Arkansas St?
We get it, we get it.

The football team is the devil, the basketball team can do no wrong.

Going to the bowls we go to are equivelant to going to the CIT or whatever you call those make up basketball tournaments. I would rather not go in basketball than go to those. But in football, gideeup boys we are bigtime taking on NIU after beating Rhode Island, FIU, FAU, Little Miami, ODU etc....And you do realize half of ALL football teams make some type of stupid bowl game don't you? WHOPEE!!!! I'm holding out for the NCAA tourney if it takes another 25 years. At least it will mean something and you win you keep going. Not like these 30+ bowl games that has watered down college football. March Madness baby where the entire country actually pays attention.

I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU GIVE ME FOR DINNER.......I WON'T EAT IT !!!

Someone needs to grow up and look at the positive side of life. Great to keep Doc.

i can understand being bitter about the Bowl game (wink..wink).... but how can anybody be upset about this?!?!?!?!?!?

And who do we get in next years bowl, Toledo? Arkansas St?
Why do you even care??? You are NOT a Herd football fan, can't you just stay out of football threads???

Damn, you are annoying!!!

Herd football is at it's pinnacle right now playing NIU in a meaningless bowl game. That is all there ever will be with Herd football, FACT!!!! 12-1 and here we are. And this will be DOC's best year.

Great news!! Glad to keep Doc!! He is doing great things for us! Now keep Heater, Legg, Sinclair and Mirabal.

I know he's annoying, but let's watch the personal attacks. - Random

This post was edited on 12/23 1:09 PM by ARandomHerdFan

Damn with so much fire power returning the next 2 years plus Docs recruiting, I don't know how we can top this year

Very good news indeed. Merry Christmas to the Herd program!!! I look forward to seeing what we can do with some continuity of coaches.

Originally posted by H8WVU:

Now keep Heater, Legg, Sinclair and Mirabal.
i think this is key and will be much harder long term than keeping Doc.

That is a good deal for Marshall!

You can love Doc or hate him, but you can't say that our program is not better now than it was when he was hired. Guy took a mess and turned it into a CUSA championship team.

i think i read that we had 30 guys from the football team with a 3.0 or better GPA too... his discipline has been great...

very good news indeed!

Our program now is better then at any point since the year 2000 on and off the field

Herd football is at it's pinnacle right now playing NIU in a meaningless bowl game. That is all there ever will be with Herd football, FACT!!!! 12-1 and here we are. And this will be DOC's best year.
It is not a FACT that Herd football is at its pinnacle.. That pinnacle was 1999.. Doc has us heading back there but this season certainly wasn't the pinnacle although it had potential to be

Also forget the bowl game for a damn second.. Who cares about the bowl those games are for the players and in all reality unless you are in the playoffs all of the bowl games are meaningless and think about what this 12-1 season brought Marshall.. It brought a Conference Title.. Our first CUSA championship in a major men's sport BTW.. It brought more media attention and relevance to Huntington than the basketball team has in 10 years combined.. And all you can do is bitch about it?

You are a whiner with a loser's mentality.. Should Marshall fans be happy just where we are in football and never ant to strive for more? No.. But, it doesn't take a damn genius to see all of the positives we've had this year and the last.. You have no idea what Doc will do in the future.. Will this be his best season? Maybe.. But do you know that? No so quit talking facts!

Another thing you fail to mention is the fact that basketball and football are completely different.. If the BBall team could ever take care of business like the football team did this year and win a conference title they'd be in the big dance.. The football team doesn't have that luxury.. But, even with that golden opportunity our basketball team hasn't took advantage of it in almost 30 years.. You look like a bigger moron every time you speak!

Originally posted by ARandomHerdFan:
Can we not just have one thread without personal attacks or name-calling?
not until we get a DENTAL PLAN....

I don't understand your argument.....Are you a Marshall Fan?

You're like the guy in the padded room throwing his apple sauce against the wall screaming, "I hate apple sauce!!"

Originally posted by andy4theherd:

not until we get a DENTAL PLAN....
I don't think that LISA NEEDS BRACES.

This post was edited on 12/23 1:40 PM by ARandomHerdFan

Originally posted by Herd In the Plains:
greenherdman=evergreen
I'm pretty sure that he's GreenBison60 from Herd Fans.

eg would complain about everything, while greedherdman only bashes football.

Can we not have greenherdman bashing our football team at every opportunity???? That dude goes beyond annoying!

Originally posted by imherdfan:
Can we not have greenherdman bashing our football team at every opportunity???? That dude goes beyond annoying!
I know, I know. I'm in full agreement with you that he's a broken record.

I'm just trying to start cleaning things up on the main Herd Nation board.

Herd fever maybe best shape since Pruett left but I'm guessing you were 8-9 years old for 01 and 02 and even 03 seasons. Rent a few DVDs. You'll see plenty of draft picks record holders and wins.

You don't need to bash old players, teams and coaches to TRY to prove a point.

The conference we play in does us no favors when trying to get national respect. It's comical that people think this league is better than the MAC of 97-03. It's not. Qb, db and OL/DL play was much better in the MAC than cusa 3.0.

Let the players play, coaches coach, and fans cheer.

Quit displaying douche-tendencies herd fever, it's unbecoming. I think Campbell still owns/operates this board, not you.

I started at Marshall in 03 which the team went 8-4 with no bowl game that also included many fights off the field, arrests, and preceded a 6-6 season and a team that didn't deserve to be in a bowl game in 2004

Like I said the football program is in it's best shape on and off the field since January 1st, 2000

And I didn't bash any player or coach even though I do address Bobby Pruett as "The quitter"

Originally posted by Herd Fever:
And I didn't bash any player or coach even though I do address Bobby Pruett as "The quitter"
This isn't going to end well.

It is what it is, Bobby P quit on the program when he wasn't getting the upgrades he was asking for

He quit on recruiting top talent in the 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005 classes

He quit disciplining players and it was a mad house by the time he left

He quit caring about practice when he would rather be in the stands shaking hands with boosters instead of on the field coaching during practice

Then he quit just a couple weeks before Spring practice in 2005

Just an FYI Herd Fever the guy you are arguing with was a star on those teams and playedIin the NFL but I'm sure you know way more about it than him.

Originally posted by caliherd:
Just an FYI Herd Fever the guy you are arguing with was a star on those teams and playedIin the NFL but I'm sure you know way more about it than him.
See, I was not going to tell him. Was just going to see how far it went and how many times he could put his foot in his mouth before telling him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT