ADVERTISEMENT

Don't be upset

My problem with the well we are 3-9 argument is we shouldn’t have been 3-9 last year. We played another easy schedule and lost 9 games. So I guess we should all be ecstatic that this year we aren’t losing to the horrible teams on our schedule like we did last year.

Marshall should never ever as long as we play in this conference have a 3-9 year even in a rebuilding year which we weren’t in a rebuilding year last year. We should never ever get destroyed by a MAC team at home ever like we were last year. We should NEVER EVER get embarrassed by a conference mate to the tune of the worst home loss in the history of the stadium. Keep in mind during that time we have played WVU twice, Va Tech and Louisville at the Joan and none of them beat us like our conference mate at home last year. Let that sink in.
So to brag about this turn around after a year that was a complete disaster when it shouldn’t have been is a bit disingenuous.

If Doc and the team were as bad as people are saying now, then we shouldn't have won 6 games this season.
Yeah, we took some real bad losses, and I agree, unacceptable. Then again, Brohm and co are dickheads and fit perfect for that wannabe MIT douchebag school Purdue and would gladly run up the score. Same with Bowden's failure of a son.
However, the team has obviously changed since we have a better record. Hell, the last ACC team we played, we uh, didn't fare so well, this year? Looked a ton better against a better ACC team.
Every single game this year, everyone feared we would lose before we played.

Many would define fairweather fan saying, "We are gonna lose real bad. We just don't have it. But, I hope I'm wrong." Also the famously posted, "I'm being cautiously optimistic."

I got laughed at for my preseason predictions. I predicted we'd lose like 2 games for sure with UTSA being a toss up.
Of course, I got laughed at because people were convinced the team wasn't gonna change it around.
Now, we still have 4 games left, all of which we can win and also can lose...and I may look dumb by the end of the season, but at least I took a side and stuck with it.

Then we win and even when we win ugly, people still try to discredit where credit is due.

It has nothing to do with coaching at this point. Some have already made up their minds about Doc, which they can't seem to let the past season go, he could win 10 games and people would complain.

...also, no, I don't think Doc is the best coach ever, but he has made changes for us to win. So has Litton, the line, the defense, offense, and special teams...as have the coordinators and other coaches. That he does get credit for...cause we would still be maybe 2 wins or 3 at this point.

Reactions: The Real SamC
Good god you’re f*cking dramatic. Your alma mater “quit on you”? Like MU has any real recollection of your existence, outside of your name appearing on some list of graduates.

Do they do this in Norman, or Southern Cal, or Columbus?
1 loss and the sky is falling...

And some of you think the Marshall job is this big attractive gig. No decent coach wants to come here and live in West Virginia. Just wait until we get some young coach who's here as a destination stint and runs the program into oblivion. Coach Doc and Coach Heat are mainstays and I like em both. Also the big money in Huntington and the Big Green like them too, appreciate what you have folks!

Reactions: beefcake0520
And some of you think the Marshall job is this big attractive gig. No decent coach wants to come here and live in West Virginia. Just wait until we get some young coach who's here as a destination stint and runs the program into oblivion. Coach Doc and Coach Heat are mainstays and I like em both. Also the big money in Huntington and the Big Green like them too, appreciate what you have folks!

Please change the playlist on your treadmill music. It appears very outdated.

I think doc and heater are a decent fit here at Marshall... but bill legg not so much, I truly think we are a offensive coordinator away from being a great Marshall team.. we are continually getting talented kids and we fare well in all aspects of the game besides our offensive playbook and game management.. I do not understand how when there is just 1 yard to gain we go shotgun 6 yards deep, that's one of the biggest signs your not a offensive coordinator worthy of having..!!!! But as I've said a few times I do like doc just wish he would fire his buddy and go recruit a totally different offensive scheme...

Thanks Mike.

The only thing that matters this Saturday is how the team reacts, because that matters beyond Saturday. Do we get blown out? Do we give FAU a tough game? If its the former, you can pretty much switch over to basketball.

Reactions: All4TheHerd
The only thing that matters this Saturday is how the team reacts, because that matters beyond Saturday. Do we get blown out? Do we give FAU a tough game? If its the former, you can pretty much switch over to basketball.
I too am keeping an eye out for Saturday. The game against FAU is Friday night, so it will be interesting to keep an eye on what transpires at the Regional Jail on Saturday night.

800 large? In huntington? We have some good names before. Two guys that were coordinators at Florida and Oklahoma. Chaump was a winner at IUPA.

800 large in Huntington is going to attract some names, but you have to go find them.

Doc was not qualified for the job honestly.

Right, we just seem to be really good at losing to very poor teams, which is inexcusable, considering how long Doc has been behind the wheel.

We finally were exposed by a team that had less talent, but solid coaching. We are the exact inverse of this. If you are happy with just doing better than 3-9, then I see why you are like a pig in sh!t right now, but you're ignoring the fact that we should have never been 3-9 to begin with. We are playing in one of the worst conferences in Div I-A.

"Playing a team (FIU) with less talent."
I sat in the RAIN until the final whistle....and the Panthers are a good team, "peaking" at the right time of the season. Big linemen and a tight end that runs good patterns...well built (bowling ball) running backs that broke several tackles to gain yardage.....a very good QB that picked our defense apart all day...speedy receivers...and well coached by veteran, Butch Davis... head coaching experience in the NFL... Cleveland & assistant @ Dallas... as well as several college stops along the way (Miami , UNC, Oklahoma State)..... recording his strong resume....

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Last edited:
FIUs schedule results does not agree with your assumption. They are not terrible like Charlotte or Kent but they are also not good. We laid an egg it happens.

Let’s see what we do Saturday against a good team on the road. If we win then we know it was a glitch and we root for them to beat FIU. If we get blown out then maybe we were a product of our schedule.

"Playing a team (FIU) with less talent." I sat in the RAIN until the final whistle....and the Panthers are a good team, "peaking" at the right time of the season. Big linemen and a tight end that runs good patterns...well built (bowling ball) running backs that broke several tackles to gain yardage.....a very good QB that picked our defense apart all day...speedy receivers...and well coached by veteran, Butch Davis... head coaching experience in the NFL... Cleveland & assistant @ Dallas... as well as several college stops along the way (Miami , UNC, Oklahoma State)..... recording his strong resume....

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Congrats for sitting in the rain until the final whistle. Looks like it may have affected your ability to process and think logically. This is the same team that lost to UCF 61-7, beat Alcorn St at home 17-10; Beat Charlotte 30-29 and got smoked by MTSU 17-37. Maybe they are progressing some, but they are not a good team. They are not "peaking". They just got the luxury of playing a Doc Holliday coached team coming off a win. But you do touch on some points, all of which are related to coaching! Which we are lacking in that area!

Congrats for sitting in the rain until the final whistle. Looks like it may have affected your ability to process and think logically. This is the same team that lost to UCF 61-7, beat Alcorn St at home 17-10; Beat Charlotte 30-29 and got smoked by MTSU 17-37. Maybe they are progressing some, but they are not a good team. They are not "peaking". They just got the luxury of playing a Doc Holliday coached team coming off a win. But you do touch on some points, all of which are related to coaching! Which we are lacking in that area!

Call it what you want but FIU took The Herd "out behind the barnyard" Saturday!
I will wait until Friday night to pass final judgement on this year's squad. I think The Herd will respond and play well in Boca. I think Marshall has a strong chance of gaining a win. FIU got the "Mo" going early after Chase fumbled...and the train was on a roll. Had Chase not gone for the home run ball on a few occasions---when a 10 yard pass would have kept drives continuing...a Hell of a comeback could have made history in Huntington. Football games are now won or lost on what the opponent has done in previous games......everyone [team] can beat your ass on a given day.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

800 large? In huntington? We have some good names before. Two guys that were coordinators at Florida and Oklahoma. Chaump was a winner at IUPA.

800 large in Huntington is going to attract some names, but you have to go find them.

Doc was not qualified for the job honestly.[/QUOTES ]

FIUs schedule results does not agree with your assumption. They are not terrible like Charlotte or Kent but they are also not good. We laid an egg it happens.

Let’s see what we do Saturday against a good team on the road. If we win then we know it was a glitch and we root for them to beat FIU. If we get blown out then maybe we were a product of our schedule.

Agreed.

If Doc and the team were as bad as people are saying now, then we shouldn't have won 6 games this season.
Yeah, we took some real bad losses, and I agree, unacceptable. Then again, Brohm and co are dickheads and fit perfect for that wannabe MIT douchebag school Purdue and would gladly run up the score. Same with Bowden's failure of a son.
However, the team has obviously changed since we have a better record. Hell, the last ACC team we played, we uh, didn't fare so well, this year? Looked a ton better against a better ACC team.
Every single game this year, everyone feared we would lose before we played.

Many would define fairweather fan saying, "We are gonna lose real bad. We just don't have it. But, I hope I'm wrong." Also the famously posted, "I'm being cautiously optimistic."

I got laughed at for my preseason predictions. I predicted we'd lose like 2 games for sure with UTSA being a toss up.
Of course, I got laughed at because people were convinced the team wasn't gonna change it around.
Now, we still have 4 games left, all of which we can win and also can lose...and I may look dumb by the end of the season, but at least I took a side and stuck with it.

Then we win and even when we win ugly, people still try to discredit where credit is due.

It has nothing to do with coaching at this point. Some have already made up their minds about Doc, which they can't seem to let the past season go, he could win 10 games and people would complain.

...also, no, I don't think Doc is the best coach ever, but he has made changes for us to win. So has Litton, the line, the defense, offense, and special teams...as have the coordinators and other coaches. That he does get credit for...cause we would still be maybe 2 wins or 3 at this point.
The teams we beat are worse than last year. Come on charlotte isnt even a sure win. Why is it everytime somebody like wku beats the hell out of us their coach is a douche. Doc needs a killer instinst like brohmn.

Reactions: JC102
Do they do this in Norman, or Southern Cal, or Columbus?
1 loss and the sky is falling...

Sure they do, one loss by those programs and it means their chance at a legit playoff spot is in jeopardy. Hi pressure and high dollar stuff. They don't worry about the Bahamas Bowl.

Reactions: sistersville
The teams we beat are worse than last year. Come on charlotte isnt even a sure win. Why is it everytime somebody like wku beats the hell out of us their coach is a douche. Doc needs a killer instinst like brohmn.

When Brohm has 2 guys from Purdue get ejected for illegal hits as well as having been said by many to target Devon Johnson's back...I'd say he's a prick.

as well as having been said by many to target Devon Johnson's back

So, tackling?

And wasn't it his shoulder? I remember that discussion from a few years ago and some Herd fans getting upset that WKU players were hitting a running back on the shoulder (or back if you are correct) as he carried the football. Not sure how else they expected WKU to tackle a big back like that but ok.

You are correct, it was his shoulder. Tackling was normal till he was hurt if I recall correctly, after he was hurt, WKU defenders were targeting the injury. The game in general was heated, multiple flags thrown before the game was even kicked off.

You are correct, it was his shoulder. Tackling was normal till he was hurt if I recall correctly, after he was hurt, WKU defenders were targeting the injury. The game in general was heated, multiple flags thrown before the game was even kicked off.

My bad. Shoulder.

7-5. Loss at FAU, loss at home to WKU, win at UTSA, loss to USM (no crowd on Thanksgiving weekend).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT