ADVERTISEMENT

Don't forget to pay your taxes today

I filed an extension.

I don't mess with the IRS rules. Had some new crypto gains (short term, ugh) I had to report and still waiting on some K1s.

Rest assured, they already have my money.

Reactions: Jartard
I had to write $10,700 between state and federal. I miscalculated thinking some gains were long term versus short/getting caught up in a wash rule. Need to pay a little more attention when closing positions. Good news is no penalty because I had already paid in more than I paid total for 2020.

I think I’ll go ahead and become President and fix the whole tax thing by getting us back to what the federal government was intended to be - limited. Cut everything that is nt set forth as a federal power in the Constitution and cut the federal tax rate to a flat 10% of total income. The states can then adjust their rates for all the services they then want to provide. Everybodies federal tax return would be one page instead of the 42’pages I had this year.

Then people could pick where they want to live based on how each state handled its business. They could directly elect the leaders that support their positions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT