ADVERTISEMENT

Drayton arrested - domestic battery

I’m sure it’s pending investigation, kid should be gone unless somehow it was self defense

I would think that too but it’s going to be a tough one to beat when the witness was the arresting officer - lol

The press release about King specifically said he was dismissed. The press release about Drayton said he’s suspended. I never found anything as far as criminal charges re: King. Just seems strange.

I would think that too but it’s going to be a tough one to beat when the witness was the arresting officer - lol

The press release about King specifically said he was dismissed. The press release about Drayton said he’s suspended. I never found anything as far as criminal charges re: King. Just seems strange.

Probably one of the weirder dismissals I’ve seen in CFB period.

I read the officer responded and saw him in the act, just curious if a story will unfold like it did for the RB at FSU a few years back or the RB at Oklahoma

Asking not accusing but has there been a season with Doc that someone wasnt kicked off for something involving an arrest or a broken law?

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
I agree that it is most like under investigation but we have been told that doc has 3 cardinal sins that lead to expulsion. Domestic battery is one of them. The others are offenses with guns, and drug offenses (not including Marijuana)

Reactions: Sash19
Tyler King's career at Marshall died from A Thousand Tiny Daggers - no criminal offenses, but a slew of team rules violations.

Based on similar situations in the past, the staff seems to prefer to suspend the player immediately and investigate the charges before dismissing. I would expect within the next few days Drayton will be officially sent off.

I guess the question I have is pretty simple. Who is Herd Fever?

Reader's Digest version:

Full-on racist poster who liked to take mirror selfies at the gym and lived in his mother's basement. He had the grammatical acumen of a toddler and his posts sometimes read like he just banged his head on his keyboard and hit post. He would defend players of a certain skin tone no matter what they did, while those who were a bit "lighter" were trash. This idiot bashed Dan for bringing in Jon Elmore, but said Phil Bledsoe was going to be his greatest recruit.

When Marshall made the NCAA tournament, he asked @marshallisqbu for a small loan of $200 for tickets... Fever was already in San Diego and QBU was heading there with his family. When it was time to collect, Fever ran away and stopped posting. After a few months, he came back and basically ignored anyone who called him out on it, even attacking QBU at one point.

Now he's posting under the name "2.0". He tries to deny it every now and then, but the odd defense of certain players and posts made in the exact same style as before have pretty much exposed him. @GeorgeDickel gets some props for figuring it out first.

Edit:
On Pullman, I'll joke about folks being racist. This is not the case with Herd Fever... the guy was 100% a racist piece of trash.

Last edited:
This puts us thin and younger in the secondary. I know they are trying to hold onto a few of the redshirts, but we may have to burn a few.
As I have posted before when Doc does not take character into consideration when recruiting then the roster gets thin.

As I have posted before when Doc does not take character into consideration when recruiting then the roster gets thin.

This is a well thought out response to the parent of one of our players.....smh.

Also, it couldn’t be further from the truth.

Did character play into guys like Cody Mitchell or Alex Locklear leaving Marshall?

What about someone like Malik Gant chasing his dream of playing in the NFL?

Maybe character played into the NCAA denying the eligibility of guys like Quinlen Dean and/or Quinton Jordan.

C’mon man! It happens everywhere.

This is a well thought out response to the parent of one of our players.....smh.

Did character play into guys like Cody Mitchell or Alex Locklear leaving Marshall?

Maybe character played into the NCAA denying the eligibility of guys like Quinlen Dean and/or Quinton Jordan.

Many of your posts are off the mark, but not this one.

Maybe character played into the NCAA denying the eligibility of guys like Quinlen Dean.

Brilliant example, Coach. Way to mention the guy who was suspended from a university for a year, charged with a felony, and admitted his guilt as somebody who isn’t a character issue kid.

Brilliant example, Coach. Way to mention the guy who was suspended from a university for a year, charged with a felony, and admitted his guilt as somebody who isn’t a character issue kid.

I’d side with that kid did any day. There are some things that deserve an ass kicking and what those frat boys did prior to Dean and his boys kicking their ass warranted it.

I’d side with that kid did any day. There are some things that deserve an ass kicking and what those frat boys did prior to Dean and his boys kicking their ass warranted it.

Yeah, because schools routinely suspend students for a year who were doing the right thing and defending/protecting somebody.

Yeah, because schools routinely suspend students for a year who were doing the right thing and defending/protecting somebody.

I mean Dean and his boys beat the **** out of a frat boy that allegedly raped a girl he knew.

Sure it happens everywhere but you cant build a roster around problem kids.

This is so far off base. during my son's recruiting process Fuller and Treier talked to random people at his school and other schools to see what kind of kid he was. They talked to teachers, counselors, coaches from other schools, a principle from another school, the janitor to see what kind of kid he was. So, saying they don't consider character is crazy.

This is so far off base. during my son's recruiting process Fuller and Treier talked to random people at his school and other schools to see what kind of kid he was. They talked to teachers, counselors, coaches from other schools, a principle from another school, the janitor to see what kind of kid he was. So, saying they don't consider character is crazy.

Facts.

Maybe a silly question but is choking less serious than what Tyler King did? He was immediately dismissed but Drayton is just suspended initially?

Tyler's was compounded by past incidents. He already could have been dimissed/suspended several times.

Reader's Digest version:

Full-on racist poster who liked to take mirror selfies at the gym and lived in his mother's basement. He had the grammatical acumen of a toddler and his posts sometimes read like he just banged his head on his keyboard and hit post. He would defend players of a certain skin tone no matter what they did, while those who were a bit "lighter" were trash. This idiot bashed Dan for bringing in Jon Elmore, but said Phil Bledsoe was going to be his greatest recruit.

When Marshall made the NCAA tournament, he asked @marshallisqbu for a small loan of $200 for tickets... Fever was already in San Diego and QBU was heading there with his family. When it was time to collect, Fever ran away and stopped posting. After a few months, he came back and basically ignored anyone who called him out on it, even attacking QBU at one point.

Now he's posting under the name "2.0". He tries to deny it every now and then, but the odd defense of certain players and posts made in the exact same style as before have pretty much exposed him. @GeorgeDickel gets some props for figuring it out first.

Edit:
On Pullman, I'll joke about folks being racist. This is not the case with Herd Fever... the guy was 100% a racist piece of trash.

You left out the part where even though we know it's him, he's claiming to be a middle aged conservative white man from middle Ohio.

There's too many people on this board that talk about building a statue to Randy Moss outside the stadium for us to seriously have a hand-wringing discussion about how Marshall coaching staffs need to prioritize character above all else.

then what happened to the 2016 team with a thin roster?

hey @pdbailey you're good with this stuff. If you took the total number of players that Doc has recruited to Marshall since 2010 what percentage have been dismissed due run ins with the law. I'm betting <10%. Signees, transfers, NQs, walk-ons, and blue shirts together have to be something like 25-35 new players per year. So that's about 250-350 players that Doc brought in. In some way or another. I don't think it's nearly as bad as some are trying to make it out to be. That we just have rosters full of criminals.

Reactions: Herd In the Plains
Sure it happens everywhere but you cant build a roster around problem kids.

You could. IF you do like other coaches and just sweep things under the rug. That's what a lot of these schools do. It's what we used to do. There were players during the 90s/00s that did exactly the same things Doc has dismissed his players for doing. Maybe Doc is just too hard on guys...

There's a reason that 2-a-days party went away.

We had players assaulting police officers, one certain player wasn't allowed to go home because he had a knack for getting DUIs, our QB broke a bottle over a girls head once. We used to have players involved in bar brawls. Didn't hear anyone complaining then. Not one of those players were ever dismissed.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT