ADVERTISEMENT

Drew Willimason

Platinum Buffalo
Jun 1, 2002
The kid from Chapmanville seems like a player. Any interest from Marshall?

Last edited:
The kid was lights out shooting the ball in Charleston. I think he’s a more skilled version of Austin Loop. I’d love to have the kid, but our #s are currently tight as they are.

& Dan isn’t shy about recruiting WV kids. If he doesn’t go after a kid who could be a nice role player/scheme fit off the bench (where Loop would have been more affective), then I’m sure he has his reasons.

will we be bringing anyone else in this offseason? I think one or two walkon slots open up.

I could see DK, CT, and PB all not returning

We need to get the bench better and get more athletic

I dont know much about Kinsey but Dawson and Ezzeddine could be big pick-ups.

Edit: If we can get Kinsey that would be huge.

Reactions: cottrell75
I believe Kinsey & Dawson are likely NQs. If we can land them in this class, they’ll likely be replacing the losses we’ll see next year if they sit out. Elmore—as it looks now, Burks, Watson, & Penava are all gone next year.

Either way, a class of Dillon, Brooks, Ezzeddine, Kinsey, & Dawson would be what we’re looking for. Recruiting classes improving every year.

How good of an outside shooter is Dillon, Brooks, Kinsey, and Dawson?
Dillon & Dawson will be nice shooters in our system, IMO. I like Dawson’s shot, but he took a lot of bad ones from when I seen him in HS. More of a product of what he had to do because that’s what the team needed from him instead of being a ball hog, IMO. I think Brooks is about on par with George. Can hit when he’s left open, but is still developing and may be streaky early on. Kinsey would be about like Watson, except I think more athletic and slightly less of a shooter.

I’ve only seen Dillon & Dawson in person though. I’m judging Brooks & Kinsey off highlight videos and things ive read.

Danny needs to take a cue from fellow Mullens native and former Herd Coach Greg White and "farm" out some of the less than stellar players on scholarship to Mountain East schools. Greg would find them places to land at WV State, etc.

Reactions: thunderscope
I'm interested in the Williamson kid. On account of personal reasons, Andy Paul only played one year, but started as a freshman. I remember that he came down on a fast break and bounced the ball backwards between his legs to Skip Henderson for a lay up!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT