ADVERTISEMENT

Duhon Resignation

I heard he wasn't coming back next year. Likely see him as an assistant in the NBA next year. Maybe even in Houston.....

His wife is happily employed at MU. I wish it would have worked out for them here.

Why thank you 19MU88. And exactly where do you rank yourself? Unfortunate situation Chris got into and I wish him well. Genius eh!

I read Bb's remarks as "who could blame him for wanting to move on from Huntington now (as in, at this point in his life)."; not as before he screwed up again. In other words, what would he possibly do in Hton after this?

Seriously wonder about the mindset of the headman and AD , knowing that Duhon obviously has an issue with alcohol and in all likelihood knowing he was still operating a motor vehicle. Talk about putting the university in a potential hell hole (liability wise)

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
............not that it would help.....BUT......shouldn't law enforcement actually take their drivers license.....instead of just suspending it? Should they be required to take their driver's test over again.............lots of questions and concerns...but not many answers to the question.

Seriously wonder about the mindset of the headman and AD , knowing that Duhon obviously has an issue with alcohol and in all likelihood knowing he was still operating a motor vehicle. Talk about putting the university in a potential hell hole (liability wise)

Wow you're intellectually incompetent

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
Alcohol was NOT involved in this incident. He and his wife were driving home at 2am from a family get together. The car he was driving had a tail light out and they were stopped. His crime was he had a revoked license and was driving a car

Alcohol was NOT involved in this incident. He and his wife were driving home at 2am from a family get together. The car he was driving had a tail light out and they were stopped. His crime was he had a revoked license and was driving a car
~
If what you stated is correct......then what he did was still wrong and he has to pay the penalty. He is a grown man....not some kid. If again what you stated is correct and I was his wife I would have refused to ride with him driving. Society needs to quit babying people.

............not that it would help.....BUT......shouldn't law enforcement actually take their drivers license.....instead of just suspending it? Should they be required to take their driver's test over again.............lots of questions and concerns...but not many answers to the question.
Most people convicted of a DUI tend to go in one of two directions: they either never get another again, or they just stop caring about laws regarding automobiles.

I was arrested for DUI in August of 2000, and in my night in the drunk tank, I was joined by a couple dozen folks in for the same reason. Its a small sample, but of the DUIs, I was the only first-timer; most had multiple (and I mean like 5+) convictions for DUI, driving on a suspended/revoked, etc.

The issue is that ultimately, the state doesn't have enough money to incarcerate people for driving offenses, so the penalties become toothless. After you lose your license and become uninsurable, a lot of people just ride dirty the rest of their lives, and instead of paying insurance, just pay fines.

Most people convicted of a DUI tend to go in one of two directions: they either never get another again, or they just stop caring about laws regarding automobiles.

I was arrested for DUI in August of 2000, and in my night in the drunk tank, I was joined by a couple dozen folks in for the same reason. Its a small sample, but of the DUIs, I was the only first-timer; most had multiple (and I mean like 5+) convictions for DUI, driving on a suspended/revoked, etc.

The issue is that ultimately, the state doesn't have enough money to incarcerate people for driving offenses, so the penalties become toothless. After you lose your license and become uninsurable, a lot of people just ride dirty the rest of their lives, and instead of paying insurance, just pay fines.
~
But it doesn't make it right! That's one of the reasons why insurance premiums are so high.

Did he have access to a state vehicle? If he drove that vehicle with a suspended/revoked license, BRIM (Bureau of Risk and Management) would have a major cow. I ask this because I was a state employee.

Really sucks to lose him. He had gotten settled in here. Was attending my church and just had his kids dedicated at my church. Shame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT