ADVERTISEMENT

Ein Gedi Scroll Finally Examined

Identical to the Book of Leviticus? That’s great news! Now, all of you Bible thumping deplorables can go take a stand against cheeto and vote Democrat since Leviticus 19 reads:

When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. I am the Lord your God.

Aside.. I listened to the Jordan Peterson psychological significance of the biblical stories lectures (podcast) and thoroughly enjoyed them. To someone well versed in this like Keep, it’s probably not as great (?maybe not though?)...but I’ve gone through them twice now and just really liked them.

Growing up hearing these stories in church as near literal historical events then hearing them as an adult as archetypical kind of journey of human consciousness and struggle or nature of the human existence was really fun and enlightening.

Thing is, the archaeological record continues to confirm the historical accuracy of the biblical record including finding things like Isaiah the Prophet, Israel's presence in Egypt, etc... so it is not an either/or.

I've also listened to Peterson's lectures and have found them useful, generally speaking.

This particular story I linked is pretty fascinating for a lot of reasons, especially because of the technology that allowed it.

Thing is, the archaeological record continues to confirm the historical accuracy of the biblical record including finding things like Isaiah the Prophet, Israel's presence in Egypt, etc... so it is not an either/or.

I've also listened to Peterson's lectures and have found them useful, generally speaking.

This particular story I linked is pretty fascinating for a lot of reasons, especially because of the technology that allowed it.

By historical I meant more a literal interpretation of Adam/Eve or Jonah or Noah....not really the story of Israel, etc. sorry, I wasn’t very clear with that...typing on mobile while being a bad Dad while kids play in the yard.

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
Are you interested in the whole thing or just random out of context and anachronistic texts?

#noonecares

It's not taken out of context. And now you're advocating for an anachronistic interpretation of the Bible? Christ, you've just supported the dismissal of the entire Bible based simply on different time/different place philosophy. I can get on board with that!

Do you know what the word anachronistic means?

To anyone with even a remote ability at reading comprehension, it is clear that I do. That's why I said "different time/different place" in the very next sentence.

It doesn't matter of the time, place, order of events, etc. The Bible instructs one to treat foreigners a certain way: not just foreigners from one place during one specific instance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT