ADVERTISEMENT

Computer Scientists Solve Mystery Of The Ein Gedi Scroll By 'Virtual Unwrapping'

wvkeeper(HN)

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 4, 2007
Muswell Hillbilly
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20160922

In the year 600AD, a 300 year-old scroll was burned in a synagogue fire. In 1970 the burned scroll was discovered. For the first time since the fire in 600AD, the scroll was able to be read-- by techies.

What did the techies discover? They discovered that the Hebrew copy of Leviticus that is in my Hebrew Bible in my study- is the same book of Leviticus that the techies unraveled through computer analysis.

The Bible's 66 books can be trusted as a reliable historic collection preserved through time.

(For the sake of reference-- the oldest portion of Plato's writings is 600 years newer than the Ein Gedi Leviticus scroll. Plato: 900AD. Ein Gedi: 300AD.)

Reactions: andy4theherd
And, the scientists that made this discovery were from . . . the University of Kentucky! C-A-T-S! Cats, Cats, Cats!

Just sayin'. :D

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20160922

In the year 600AD, a 300 year-old scroll was burned in a synagogue fire. In 1970 the burned scroll was discovered. For the first time since the fire in 600AD, the scroll was able to be read-- by techies.

What did the techies discover? They discovered that the Hebrew copy of Leviticus that is in my Hebrew Bible in my study- is the same book of Leviticus that the techies unraveled through computer analysis.

The Bible's 66 books can be trusted as a reliable historic collection preserved through time.

(For the sake of reference-- the oldest portion of Plato's writings is 600 years newer than the Ein Gedi Leviticus scroll. Plato: 900AD. Ein Gedi: 300AD.)

By the way Keep...are you making your comments to address the assertion that Leviticus and the Pentateuch were a rip off of Plato? I was reading a thread on Reddit about this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT