ADVERTISEMENT

Elmore Wink

brando3213...have you ever had a female "kick you to the curb"....It stung for a while...and hopefully you got over it! The dang 50-point loss to So Miss IS ONLY ONE GAME....you and others need to get over it! The TEAM put it aside and had a great win over UTEP led by Elmore's 44 points.

I hope the guys meet So Miss in Texas during tourney time---"Paybacks will be HELL...."

Oh BTW there is help already in Huntington for next YEAR..... and some great talent that will be wearing the GREEN & White...Going Forward. The SHIP is on track and HERD HOOPS will continue to RISE.....lead by a YOUNG 71 year old coach!

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte
How m
Yeah, I got nothing.
I think we are all waiting for Zilla's defense LOL

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
It normally takes 18-24 hours for him to formulate his stupidity. :D

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING GREENPUKE.......danny and I talked after the game on our private family hotline and he couldn't help but laugh at you for being a TOOL.----the HERD might have lost, but you lost in LIFE.

I can't wait until MY TAR HEELS beat up on COACH K and make him cry....it will be great.......

Last Night was still a good night......most of my 100 favorite teams won........bet YOU never had a night like that----HERD HOOPS FOREVER BABY

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING GREENPUKE.......danny and I talked after the game on our private family hotline and he couldn't help but laugh at you for being a TOOL.----the HERD might have lost, but you lost in LIFE.

I can't wait until MY TAR HEELS beat up on COACH K and make him cry....it will be great.......

Last Night was still a good night......most of my 100 favorite teams won........bet YOU never had a night like that----HERD HOOPS FOREVER BABY

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

200.gif

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Beautiful, my compliments.

:p You guys really know how to hurt a guy.

Really, if this was a football game, there would be numerous flags for piling on!

Hope Zilla is o.k., if for no other reason than for the "comic relief" he provides! :)

Just so I have this correct you are pissed off that Herd fans became upset with Donnie after it was discovered he prepared and interviewed for a job when his team was still playing? I'm sure this happens often, but still does not make it right. If that is your definition class then we can certainly agree to disagree.

No question attendance dipped at the end of Herrion's tenure. Danny has been such a positive addition to the program. I take nothing away from the job he's done up to this point. Hopefully I'm wrong and please call me out in a few years, but I am somewhat concerned about the future of the program. We need a lot of guys to take major steps forward next year and it's hard to see that transpiring. Either way I won't miss a game!

brando3213.....I too am concerned with this team's performance (lack of). I said to Dan's first cousin as I exited the Master BR where we were watching the N. Texas debacle (fiasco) ....."Lady---you can watch this under-achieving, no rebounding, soft lazy 1-handed passing, no boxing out...*shit".....I can't take it anymore!"

I went to the living room and checked out Iowa @ Indiana play real basketball. I do not comment to Dan about his coaching style---hell, he has forgotten more basketball that I will ever know. I'll leave that to his objective 3-sons [they played at Brown, West Point & Bill & Mary] to bust his balls!

HerdMeister informs us that HELP is one year away with the guys that are practicing now. For the life of me I didn't expect Peneva's abrupt departure to be as significant as it is proving to be. Yet, we should have because Dan & staff lost the Nations top shot blocker, a guy that achieved several Dbl-Dbls, and was a force in the paint that deterred guys from coming into the lane.

Jon has struggled all year despite his scoring average (20 pts)...and Williams is having a Soph jinx. ....one head fake and he is on his toes allowing his player to go in for an uncontested layup.

Hopefully, they will make all of us eat crow---get hot & win in Frisco. I don't see it happening because there are too many better playing squads this year---that could win it all and advance to the NCAA!

I see The Herd paying $$$ to play......

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Just so I have this correct you are pissed off that Herd fans became upset with Donnie after it was discovered he prepared and interviewed for a job when his team was still playing? I'm sure this happens often, but still does not make it right. If that is your definition class then we can certainly agree to disagree.

No question attendance dipped at the end of Herrion's tenure. Danny has been such a positive addition to the program. I take nothing away from the job he's done up to this point. Hopefully I'm wrong and please call me out in a few years, but I am somewhat concerned about the future of the program. We need a lot of guys to take major steps forward next year and it's hard to see that transpiring. Either way I won't miss a game!

Brando.....I do not JUDGE
others based on how/what other people see them. Never have ---Never will. Donnie was always nice to me, whether I was watching games with him or Greg Marshall in Myrtle Beach during the Beach Ball Classic (founded by Danny)...or at Herd BB games or in Rock Hill, SC (Winthrop Univ) when Greg was building the Eagles program. When I would visit Huntington during Donnie's tenure as head BB coach...I would drop by his office to speak to him. He always said...."anything I can help you with---do you needs tickets, how's the family....etc." I always told him I
pay my way" and NO to needing tickets. Now, I do accept two ticket from Dan & stay at his house or with his sister Kathy Jo-----but really very little basketball is spoken. We play cards....heated card games too!

HerdZilla22

Zilla, I don't doubt Donnie is a nice guy. I always enjoyed his Coach's Show and post game interviews. The argument was why Herd fans were upset when he left. I think our anger was justified.

Now you're just name dropping bringing up Gregg Marshall...joking.

I am also a fan of Indiana basketball. Thursday was a rough night.

Regarding last night, on a micro level I was actually okay with the loss given how hard we fought and battled back. Considering our other embarrassing performances I can live with this loss. On a macro level there's still something wrong with this team. These kids didn't suddenly forget how to shoot the ball. We know they are capable of more (I remain incredibly concerned about the future). While I am as disappointed as anyone we also have to be realistic and remember that everything leads to the tourney. There is still time to gain some confidence and find our rhythm. Not saying it will happen, but I also will not allow myself to believe all is lost.

was actually okay with the loss given how hard we fought and battled back

That's all good and well, but given the fact we were down that big in the first place and for the umpteenth time this season it's putting lipstick on a pig at this point.

Why do we have to be down big on the road in order for this team to play to their abilities?

We are too good to be playing this badly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sean Hammond
Why do we have to he down big on the road in order for this team to play to their abilities?
That’s a legit fvcking point. When the game is close or we’re slightly ahead, it seems like we waste possessions offensively. When we’re down double digits or going back & forth with the opposition late in games, we seem to be much more focused, create more turnovers defensively, and play with a much higher sense of urgency.

Not going to beat many teams shooting the way we have lately, but the lack of attention to detail, the noticeable lack of “give a shit” is something I just can no longer over look. And even if the switch gets flipped over these last few weeks (i’ll believe it when I see it), the product that’s been put on the floor over these last few weeks is inexcusable.

and here was the thought in my head last night: The top teams (notably UTSA) are able to dominate games where they are 15-20 points or more ahead in the (sometimes even 1st!) 2nd half and glide to the win. Name the last game we just got on top of an opponent and did that? Every conference game we have won, it has been a nail biter. and then more often than not, when we have lost it has been by huge margins. We just don't seem able to start fast, build a huge lead and trade possessions......at........all. And now we dig ourselves a 17 point hole early in the 2nd against bottom feeder Rice?? We just have lost confidence, poise, self respect....they don't talk to each other on the court (like most teams do).....why don't we huddle and build each other up during the game? It makes.....no......sense.

Marshall - everybody's hoped for Homecoming game.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
Zilla, I don't doubt Donnie is a nice guy. I always enjoyed his Coach's Show and post game interviews. The argument was why Herd fans were upset when he left. I think our anger was justified.

Now you're just name dropping bringing up Gregg Marshall...joking.

I am also a fan of Indiana basketball. Thursday was a rough night.

Regarding last night, on a micro level I was actually okay with the loss given how hard we fought and battled back. Considering our other embarrassing performances I can live with this loss. On a macro level there's still something wrong with this team. These kids didn't suddenly forget how to shoot the ball. We know they are capable of more (I remain incredibly concerned about the future). While I am as disappointed as anyone we also have to be realistic and remember that everything leads to the tourney. There is still time to gain some confidence and find our rhythm. Not saying it will happen, but I also will not allow myself to believe all is lost.

brando3213.....THANK YOU
for your comments. My heart skipped a few beats last night listening to Dan's post game interview after the Rice loss. I wish I could take his place for a few days to ease his pain & disappointment of all the many hours preparing & practicing to make HERD HOOPS significant again! He is hurting! Dan loves the guys and certainly his dream job===Marshall Univ. Hoops!

I could tell he was hurting, and had few answers.....and at the end, he asked the fans---"don't give up on us---we need you in The Cam for our last two home games." He stated a few weeks ago we were sitting 5-0 and the only undefeated team in CUSA, with a win at league leader, ODU. Then----we went on the road and suffered several loses...the TEAM lost their Mo Jo and can't seem to regain it?" "That's on me----we will return home...get back to work to right the ship & get our Mo Jo back." "Hopefully, the guys will regain their confidence...start a positive streak and enter the conference tourney on a hi-note and achieve what most of these guys did last year in Frisco!"

It's easy to follow a winner---the guys needs us more than ever to help them get back on track and have a good week in Frisco.

We Are......Marshall.
....many of us were around to experience the REBIRTH of The HERD.

HerdZilla22 (G Sweeney in Charlotte)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT