ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN doesn't think we'll win 6

Herd020

Silver Buffalo
Aug 18, 2006
Considering how many Bowl games they own and control, even if we get to 6 wins it may not be enough to sway them. Especially if CUSA has enough bowl eligible teams.

Reactions: Elkview and Herd020
Not going to a bowl has to be considered the ultimate failure for a football program. There are so many. If you don't go, doesn't matter if you are 5-7 or 0-12. jmo.

Reactions: Elkview
Considering how many Bowl games they own and control, even if we get to 6 wins it may not be enough to sway them. Especially if CUSA has enough bowl eligible teams.

The people who write these columns and the people who control the minor bowls for ESPN are unrelated.

The only way that a 6-6 team is left out of a bowl is if there are more 6-6 or better teams than there are slots. No 5-7 team can go to a bowl unless every 6-6 team is taken. The last 6-6 team left out was UTSA in 17.

So it is not impossible, but it is darn near to it. Now, it is 100% possible that Doc loses control of the team and the race to the bottom is on. But:

ODU, scheduled up but is still 1-4. Win.
FAU has only played teams well above them or well below them. Hard to tell. Loss.
WKU is not any good. Home game. Win.
Rice is 0-6. Should be 0-8 by game time. We have a shot. Win.
LTU should murder us. Loss.
UNCC is like FAU in schedule. Hard to tell, but lets say Win.
FIU might just beat Miami (the real one) the previous week and might be drained. But probably a Loss.

That is 6-6. Which equals a crap bowl. Probably our turn in the Bahamas.

The people who write these columns and the people who control the minor bowls for ESPN are unrelated.

The only way that a 6-6 team is left out of a bowl is if there are more 6-6 or better teams than there are slots. No 5-7 team can go to a bowl unless every 6-6 team is taken. The last 6-6 team left out was UTSA in 17.

So it is not impossible, but it is darn near to it. Now, it is 100% possible that Doc loses control of the team and the race to the bottom is on. But:

FAU has only played teams well above them or well below them. Hard to tell. Loss.
FIU might just beat Miami (the real one) the previous week and might be drained. But probably a Loss.

That is unacceptable and doc shoukd be summarily dismissed if that happens.

Please get help.

I’m not the one who repeatedly posts false information, tries presenting it as factual, then either yells “STFU” at posters for calling out the numerous errors or later denies to have ever made the bogus claims.

That’s the person who needs help.

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
I’m not the one who repeatedly posts false information, tries presenting it as factual, then either yells “STFU” at posters for calling out the numerous errors or later denies to have ever made the bogus claims.

That’s the person who needs help.

He's going to ignore you again.

I don't think he's a fan of being embarrassed.

Whole lotta pie in that sky

If we don't win this weekend against ODU, the season is lost.

IF MU is bowl eligible, AND goes to the Bahamas Bowl, I wonder how many MU fans will make the trip? Two dozen?

If we continue to play green, I don’t think there is anyway we go 6-6. Something has to change in this offense. Hopefully, Thompson is the guy to take us there. If he’s no better than green, no way we beat WKU or some of the other games you’ll are listing as sure wins.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
If we don't win this weekend against ODU, the season is lost.

IF MU is bowl eligible, AND goes to the Bahamas Bowl, I wonder how many MU fans will make the trip? Two dozen?
I don't know but I always love going to the Caribbean. Pretty much any excuse will do. I will be there in January but an extra trip in December will work for me.

I don't know but I always love going to the Caribbean. Pretty much any excuse will do. I will be there in January but an extra trip in December will work for me.

How is the Bahamas right now? Are they in any condition to be hosting a bowl game?

How is the Bahamas right now? Are they in any condition to be hosting a bowl game?

The Bahamas is like a lot of islands, Wikipedia says 700. The hurricane hit the north part of the country. Nassau is further south. The cruise ships have resumed going there, and the hotels are open, so I assume its fine. If it wasn’t ESPN would have said something by now.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT