ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Touting FAU hires

TwolfHerdfan

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2007
Talking about the great hires FAU made with Kiffin and Briles and how FL recruiting will now be intense with those guys at FAU, Strong at USF now and FSU, UF and Miami.

Funny, not once did they mention any issues with Kiffin or Briles regarding the NCAA.

Looks like Doc is gonna be shut out of FL unless it's a kid no one else can take, or wants for whatever reason.

Better start mining other states.

Reactions: andy4theherd
Because the NCAA infractions with Briles are absolutely nothing. I don't know why people here are acting like he was handing out cash to recruits or something. (Not directed at you)

While I agree that we have sat on our hands (at least it looks that way), it's not like Kiffin and Briles are building a program at FAU. As soon as they get offers from a bigger school they are out. If they turn it around in 2 years, they won't be there for a 3rd.

Reactions: The Real SamC
While I agree that we have sat on our hands (at least it looks that way), it's not like Kiffin and Briles are building a program at FAU. As soon as they get offers from a bigger school they are out. If they turn it around in 2 years, they won't be there for a 3rd.

The irony of this comment is that it completely ignores that this is the very way in which Marshall started its long term turn around in the 80's. Parrish, Chaump, etc were NEVER going to be lifers here. They jumped the first big time offer they got......(because Marshal was succeeding).

Had Snyder been worth a damn, he would have done the same thing. Hell, even beloved Pruett was on the verge. (It was probably personal mistake that he didn't take the Houston job)

The delusion that some Marshall fans live under that we need coaches who want to "retire" here continues to set this program backwards.

why can't some of you guys realize the best thing that could happen here is hiring a coach who gets a lucrative P5 job a couple of years later...

They are fvcking delusional pipedreamers. (That's putting it nicely)

I think some "fans" haven't been around long enough to understand this is how the programs foundation was really built for the 90s success. Others just ignore the reality that we are actually a step or two away from becoming an FAU or FIU if things don't change and place us in a higher football category than we really are.

Another season like last year and Doc will be offering donations for game attendance too.

They are fvcking delusional pipedreamers. (That's putting it nicely)

I think some "fans" haven't been around long enough to understand this is how the programs foundation was really built for the 90s success. Others just ignore the reality that we are actually a step or two away from becoming an FAU or FIU if things don't change and place us in a higher football category than we really are.

Another season like last year and Doc will be offering donations for game attendance too.

FAU and FIU will surpass us in 2 years with their hires and we have more fans than they do combined.

Marshall is more concerned about hiring grads or WV people than they are winning. Thinking that they will show loyalty to the program even if we start winning. People forget that the greatest coach in school history ,Pruett, almost bailed on the Herd to take the Houston job because it was a step up at the time and it offered way more money. And it was Pruetts dream to come back and coach MU. The reality is, any coach will do this to us. And I say, who cares if they use us to win.

Wouldn't you like to be Western Michigan this year going to the access bowl? Oh but their coach left!! Yeah but they got a better bowl than we have ever had.

I've been a fan since the early 80's so my comment wasn't about sticking with coaches that will be here forever. I was only making a comment about Kiffin and Briles. I doubt FAU with its small fan base and lots of other larger teams to cheer for are going to sustain over the next coaching change. Kiffin and Briles at the same time is rare.

I love how quickly anyone with a different opinion is always delusional. I am not a Doc worshipper.

Reactions: HerdFan76

That's comforting then, to know we will only have to endure 2 years of ass kickings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT