ADVERTISEMENT

European heat wave

ThunderCat98

Platinum Buffalo
Jun 23, 2007
Anyone else notice how when the right cracks jokes about extreme cold snaps or record-breaking snowfall and the (non)existence of global warming the left is quick to point out it has nothing to do with individualized weather events, but when the opposite happens - i.e., a heatwave in Europe - it's definitely because there is global warming. Weird.

The absence of logic, reason, and critical thinking is mind-boggling - until i think about the 3-4 leftists that regularly post here. Then I'm like, "Yeah. That makes sense."

Reactions: ohio herd
Anyone else notice how when the right cracks jokes about extreme cold snaps or record-breaking snowfall and the (non)existence of global warming the left is quick to point out it has nothing to do with individualized weather events, but when the opposite happens - i.e., a heatwave in Europe - it's definitely because there is global warming. Weird.
Climate change causes more extreme in weather. In general that manifests as heat, but as things like currents and jet streams get disrupted it can cause all sorts of insanity, including cold snaps.

To an extent you’re right. A heat wave in Europe doesn’t prove global warming. The indisputable fact that average temperatures have risen does though.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Climate change causes more extreme in weather. In general that manifests as heat, but as things like currents and jet streams get disrupted it can cause all sorts of insanity, including cold snaps.

To an extent you’re right. A heat wave in Europe doesn’t prove global warming. The indisputable fact that average temperatures have risen does though.
Hasn’t the Earth been warming since the Ice Age, which was pre-man?

It was so hot here at lunchtime, I almost fake arrested for indecent exposure for allowing myself to walk into the Hindu convenience store to buy my lottery tickets, naked w/black ass a showing. No doubt, Mrs. Hindu knew I was a he/him.

as they have risen and fallen throughout the history of the world....including prior to the use of fossil fuels.

Reactions: Jartard
Hungry Gossip GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

I understand that. The point is the never-ending hypocrisy of your side on any given issue.

Reactions: ohio herd
I understand that. The point is the never-ending hypocrisy of your side on any given issue.
It's the 'do as I say', 'not as I do' liberal hypocrisy.

Saw something on Fox earlier about the Hollywood libs and politicians being the worst offenders of their own F'ed up agenda. Of course, they all claim they're important so they have no other choice but to fly 17 minutes instead of driving their EV 80 miles to whatever fancy restaurant they're going to.

Bunch of jive turkeys, just like greed. Remember when he was on here preaching about staying home? Stop the spread, he said. Two minutes later, he was loading up the pickup truck and breaking covid protocol on his way to infect all the people in North Carolina.

It's the 'do as I say', 'not as I do' liberal hypocrisy.

Saw something on Fox earlier about the Hollywood libs and politicians being the worst offenders of their own F'ed up agenda. Of course, they all claim they're important so they have no other choice but to fly 17 minutes instead of driving their EV 80 miles to whatever fancy restaurant they're going to.

Bunch of jive turkeys, just like greed. Remember when he was on here preaching about staying home? Stop the spread, he said. Two minutes later, he was loading up the pickup truck and breaking covid protocol on his way to infect all the people in North Carolina.
You're a liar.

Than at what point in history? Are you saying there have never been other similarly-timed temperature changes in the 4.5 billion year history of the planet? Is that really the position you want to take???

Than at what point in history? Are you saying there have never been other similarly-timed temperature changes in the 4.5 billion year history of the planet? Is that really the position you want to take???
Not within the history that we can reasonably determine data from. Other than perhaps asteroid strikes, which probably is not a scenario we want to reenact.

Now if you want to argue that the ways they determine prehistoric temperature are inadequate I disagree but that’s at least possible. We could have some fundamental misunderstanding about how to figure out temperature that far back that is throwing things off. There’s a significant amount of corroborating evidence that we’re right, but let’s say we aren’t.

We know, pretty damn well, how much CO2 and other GH gasses we are pumping out.

We also know, pretty damn well, what those gasses do. We can compare the ability of CO2 to absorb heat versus other atmospheric gasses.

I don’t really think either of those things are reasonably arguable. And I don’t think you need much more than those two things to realize that there is a problem.

Not within the history that we can reasonably determine data from. Other than perhaps asteroid strikes, which probably is not a scenario we want to reenact.

Now if you want to argue that the ways they determine prehistoric temperature are inadequate I disagree but that’s at least possible. We could have some fundamental misunderstanding about how to figure out temperature that far back that is throwing things off. There’s a significant amount of corroborating evidence that we’re right, but let’s say we aren’t.

We know, pretty damn well, how much CO2 and other GH gasses we are pumping out.

We also know, pretty damn well, what those gasses do. We can compare the ability of CO2 to absorb heat versus other atmospheric gasses.

I don’t really think either of those things are reasonably arguable. And I don’t think you need much more than those two things to realize that there is a problem.
This is a great argument here that man made global warming does exist..great job.

I'll believe it when the people crowing loudest act like it exists, and have a solution that doesn't involve taxing poor people and enlarging the size and scope of government.

They are all about equal to Ted Haggard at this point.
Get rid of all the tax loopholes and tax breaks for the oil companies and we might be able to go back to taxing only the top 7 percent like it was in the beginning with federal income taxes.

Get rid of all the tax loopholes and tax breaks for the oil companies and we might be able to go back to taxing only the top 7 percent like it was in the beginning with federal income taxes.
You support subsidies for electric vehicles, solar panels, wind farms?

I didn’t say we hadn’t had higher temperatures, I said we hadn’t had faster changes. The scale on that chart is in units of 50,000 years. The changes we are seeing are happening on a scale of 100 or fewer years.
You do realize you can break the scale down in smaller increments, right? You also realize there have been instances where temps have increased by as much as 10° in a single decade, without a single meteor impact.

I'll believe it when the people crowing loudest act like it exists, and have a solution that doesn't involve taxing poor people and enlarging the size and scope of government.

They are all about equal to Ted Haggard at this point.
Convince us that the degree you got from seminary allows you to tell a poster "fxck you", and allows you to baptize babies to make the parents feel better, endorse the death penalty, teach people that they are predetermined to either heaven or hell, and get drunk. In the meantime, your hypocrisy reeks....preacher. By the way, you have a flock? How much they pay you for your gibberish? Now watch your unbelieving board disciples run to your rescue.

Stop living in the past the future is not fossil fuels.
I don't think anyone disagrees with this. The problem is, the present IS fossil fuels, and we can't go on with a group of morons in charge that are willing to sacrifice the economic well-being of its citizens, as well as national security interests, pushing technology and pie-in-the-sky ideas that are nowhere near ready for mass public use.

Certainly and take away the oil company subsidies. Stop living in the past the future is not fossil fuels.
The problem is we are probably 30 to 50 years off from having the technology and grid to replace it. It will never be totally replaced.

Where are you going to get all the lithium ion for the batteries?

You do realize you can break the scale down in smaller increments, right? You also realize there have been instances where temps have increased by as much as 10° in a single decade, without a single meteor impact.
When has the temperature increased 10 degrees in a single decade?

It's difficult to imagine that we have people that believe Biden's policies and actions don't impact gas prices (at least as they rise lol) but these same people are stupid enough to think his actions and policies can change the direction of the climate. My God how stupid do you have to be to vote against the strength of your country, yourself and quality of life while enriching the woke elites benefiting from the Green push.

It's difficult to imagine that we have people that believe Biden's policies and actions don't impact gas prices (at least as they rise lol) but these same people are stupid enough to think his actions and policies can change the direction of the climate. My God how stupid do you have to be to vote against the strength of your country, yourself and quality of life while enriching the woke elites benefiting from the Green push.
You are saying give up on green energy? it can never happen..it has already replaced some of fossil fuel energy and it will continue to do so whether you like it or believe it or not.

The issue isn’t climate change. It’s the over the top exaggerations that are constantly skewed by the climate change cult. From the coming ice age in the 70s to the Maldives being under water in the 80s and catastrophic ice melt of the 2000s. Those never happened and eventually people ignore chicken little.

Reactions: 19MU88 and Jartard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT