ADVERTISEMENT

European heat wave

quick quick call the russians, indians, and chinese and let them know we all need to partner to save the world. hilarious.

it is mighty noble of the US and it's tax payers to commit economic suicide because we MIGHT be able to save the world. meanwhile, china building coal power plants to beat the band.

you are the epitome of a useful idiot. at least you get to find some articles and links to make you feel smart.

to save the world
Nah. The Earth will be fine. It might cast us off like the fleas we are, but it will be fine.

some articles and links
Peer-reviewed research in academic journals, which are likely of little interest to someone who does not know what "theory" means in science.

Here's what is funny to me: I really do not care one bit if we mitigate climate change or not. I'm not going to be around to see how it plays out. At least I don't cloak my not giving a fvck in denying facts. Just admit you don't give a fvck, honesty is always refreshing.

Nah. The Earth will be fine. It might cast us off like the fleas we are, but it will be fine.

Peer-reviewed research in academic journals, which are likely of little interest to someone who does not know what "theory" means in science.

Here's what is funny to me: I really do not care one bit if we mitigate climate change or not. I'm not going to be around to see how it plays out. At least I don't cloak my not giving a fvck in denying facts. Just admit you don't give a fvck, honesty is always refreshing.
You have not offered proof of man made climate change. I'm sure you think you have but...well you are an idiot

We know higher levels of CO2 causes heat to rise. You can test that in a lab. We know we are pumping CO2 into the atmosphere. What would you actually need to see to be convinced?

here’s a pretty good read on it: https://news.climate.columbia.edu/2021/02/25/carbon-dioxide-cause-global-warming/
we also know the earth's tempature and climate has had hotter and colder periods and we are within the range of those we've experienced in history. so we know we experience this anyway without buring fossil fuels.

The bottom line is, who cares what you or I believe, the bottom line is we can't power this nation on green energy. we also know this is a global problem and china is building coal power plants to beat the band. it's foolish to commit economic suicide and hurt national security over a theory that even if it's correct, we don't know that actions by man will do anything to reverse climate trends and we do know that we can't power our nation on green energy and we know that much of the rest of the world is smart enough to burn fossil fuels.

We know higher levels of CO2 causes heat to rise. You can test that in a lab. We know we are pumping CO2 into the atmosphere. What would you actually need to see to be convinced?

here’s a pretty good read on it: https://news.climate.columbia.edu/2021/02/25/carbon-dioxide-cause-global-warming/

YOu have to be realistic. Much of these studies and alarmist used data from certain periods and not the totality. They do it with hurricanes every year. Worst ever. Bigger than ever. But, they have only recorded hurricane data since the mid to late 1800's and the severity flunctuates. Now, if you want to say more people live on the coast and it is more developed you have a point. But, the global warming alarmist scream worst ever.

Here is the reality. Climate and weather change.

Are we willing to give up our way of live and national security all in the name of screaming climate change? As 19MU88 pointed out, we can't run the nation on green energy. Wont' work. Not now or likely in any of our lifetimes. The technology and practicality are just not there. It weakens us a nation. Fossil fuels built this country. You all are just thinking because you have a battery in a car it solves everything. It doesn't. You are then relying on China and other nations more so. It changes the American way of life.

so we know we experience this anyway without buring fossil fuels.
But we also largely know why. The other possible whys for are recent heating are not happening now.

And I will say this again: the only time period in geological history that really matters for this discussion is the period humans have lived in. Most of Earth's history, we didn't exist, and that's for a reason.

You have not offered proof of man made climate change.
You did not read what I linked to.

But we also largely know why. The other possible whys for are recent heating are not happening now.

And I will say this again: the only time period in geological history that really matters for this discussion is the period humans have lived in. Most of Earth's history, we didn't exist, and that's for a reason.

I do not need to. I know.

So, how do we fix it without limiting our way of life and standard while also not letting near peers pass us by either in quality of life or strategically.

I don't see that happening withoutnthe use of fossil fuels. Buying batteries from China and relyin on rare earth minerals elsewhere is not going to solve it. Might make people feel good but doesn't solve it.

So, how do we fix it without limiting our way of life and standard while also not letting near peers pass us by either in quality of life or strategically.
Personally, I think we are already fvcked, for like the next 50 years.

But everything has to be a transition, long term. Which is smart anyway, because fossil fuels will not last forever. I am not in the camp of those who want it all done right now, because it is not feasible. This you should know, as this is not our first discussion on the topic.

But everything has to be a transition, long term. Which is smart anyway, because fossil fuels will not last forever. I am not in the camp of those who want it all done right now, because it is not feasible. This you should know, as this is not our first discussion on the topic.
Nice non answer to the question

500 years or so is close enough to forever.

are you such a sheep that you forgot that we were going to run out of oil in th 70s? I guess do you already forgot the ice caps were supposed to melt 20 years ago

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT