ADVERTISEMENT

Everything is Climate Change

You are right about it is supposed to be dry now but with the climate change it is raining much more and that wuold account for the temperature drop but as was stated it was back to 95 the next day.
Our rainiest months are in the summer

Not so in Kentucky ...but your point about the temperature dropping proved nothing as far as the climate change
you had a series of thunderstorms go through that got stuck do to weather events and being in the mountains as sometiems can happen. It dumped a large amount of rain in a short period of time in hilly and moutaninous terrain. There is your exmplanation. Every time something like that happens it is not global warming, damn it. Plus you have a continuous news cycle and social media.

Kentucky has seen very unusual weather this year...a large devestating tornado in western Kentucky and storms and flooding in eastern Kentucky that no one has ever seen before ..So much rain this summer and now it still rains nearly every day and this is normally a dry part of the year...something has surely changed.
I will not blame the 2021 tornado on climate change. Is it statistically an anomaly? Yes. But strong winter tornadoes in western KY have happened before. We will need to see more years of high CAPE events and intense troughs in December in that region before we can make any conclusion.

What is more remarkable about the weather last December is the derecho in the Midwest on 12/15...that was far stranger than the supercells of December 10.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_2021_Midwest_derecho_and_tornado_outbreak
but that’s just luck of the draw on where it hit
Not as much as the fact it was an exceptionally long-track tornado. As was the storm that produced the tornado that hit Bowling Green, it would have been a remarkable storm by itself, but was obviously overshadowed by the bigger one.

If anything, the death toll was low because of where it tracked....had that storm gone through the Louisville area, there would have been hundreds dead. And at a certain point, we were a little concerned it would continue into that area.
Our rainiest months are in the summer
I will confirm that May is the wettest month for that region. Which doesn't mean shit if you get a slow moving strong storm.

What is remarkable about this past month is that boundary wouldn't move for over a week. That's pretty rare for this time of the year. Not a climate change thing, just weird.

I will not blame the 2021 tornado on climate change. Is it statistically an anomaly? Yes. But strong winter tornadoes in western KY have happened before. We will need to see more years of high CAPE events and intense troughs in December in that region before we can make any conclusion.

What is more remarkable about the weather last December is the derecho in the Midwest on 12/15...that was far stranger than the supercells of December 10.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_2021_Midwest_derecho_and_tornado_outbreak

Not as much as the fact it was an exceptionally long-track tornado. As was the storm that produced the tornado that hit Bowling Green, it would have been a remarkable storm by itself, but was obviously overshadowed by the bigger one.

If anything, the death toll was low because of where it tracked....had that storm gone through the Louisville area, there would have been hundreds dead. And at a certain point, we were a little concerned it would continue into that area.

I will confirm that May is the wettest month for that region. Which doesn't mean shit if you get a slow moving strong storm.

What is remarkable about this past month is that boundary wouldn't move for over a week. That's pretty rare for this time of the year. Not a climate change thing, just weird.

You are better at meteorology than being a "libertarian" or a comedian...

I’ll remember that the next time I talk to the climate people. “What’s a degree or two?”
A day or two in the soltice is not the same as a degree or two in the warming of our planet. You know that so dont even use that as an argument it dont hold water.

You dont know the planet is in danger because of warming temperatures and I do for a fact and it doing so by man.
I know you trust the science but this is why it’s ok to have a hearty dose of skepticism. Both of these articles were posted within about a week of each other. Which one is correct?

I know you trust the science but this is why it’s ok to have a hearty dose of skepticism. Both of these articles were posted within about a week of each other. Which one is correct?

Interesting why they differ. However does not change my mind about the earth warmng so rapidly caused by man.

Interesting why they differ. However does not change my mind about the earth warmng so rapidly caused by man.
Frustrated Dog GIF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT