ADVERTISEMENT

Expansion

The real question is, why would the rest of the P5 accept a conference that is over 2/3rds ex CUSA AAC an automatic berth into the College Football Playoffs?

It's not about the G5 realignment. It's about the P 5 saying why does Cincinnati deserve a payout like an SEC team that fought the war of the worlds to get to the finals to play a school that averages less than Marshall in home attendance.

That's the question Dan. Does the Big 12 even deserve to get a bid? Not where we end up.

That ship has sailed so it really doesn't matter..........just like when TCU joined, no one has questioned it at all. Big XII is a charter member with all of the revenue necessary to take almost any G5 school and bestow the resources necessary to be successful........while your question is a good one philosophically, it won't be asked in reality. Unfortunately a moot point!!

Dshoe- sounds like you are an actual realistic fan. I have wondered if they exist here. It is possible to realize that while reality sucks, it is reality, and still be a Herd fan at the same time. The big 12 isn't going anywhere and its expansion only helps Marshall. Yet 'fans' like greenhouse spend the majority of their time hating WVU and the big 12 more than liking Marshall. We need to get past the butthurt and focus on the future. Just like this thread was created to do... I'm excited to see where the expansion takes us- hoping ultimately for a P5 but a rebuilt AAC seems very viable.

Reactions: Paper1
Dshoe- sounds like you are an actual realistic fan. I have wondered if they exist here.
?
I guess you don't know who Dshoe is? He is a bit more than a casual fan. Everyone on the fan sites seek his knowledge on college athletics, As the old TV commercial used to say, "When Dshoe speaks, people listen"

Reactions: magnoliaherdfan
Marshall. Yet 'fans' like greenhouse spend the majority of their time hating WVU and the big 12 more than liking Marshall.

Did I mention MIFART in that thread or in my last 10 posts? No you eeribilly mention MIFART continually.

Dood your a Marshall Obsessed Eerbilly. Go away, grab your meth pipe and go hit an expecting mother, feel better about your crotch hold coach.

As for my stance , honestly I live in SEC country and they aren't seeing Houston Cinnci and the rest of your conferences new AAC CUSA adds as worthy of a BCS bid. Just saying what I listen to on talk radio. IMO it isn't.

I don't care if the big 12 is worthy of a bid or not Queenhouse. The point of the post isn't about that.. But you make it about that

Dshoe- sounds like you are an actual realistic fan. I have wondered if they exist here. It is possible to realize that while reality sucks, it is reality, and still be a Herd fan at the same time. The big 12 isn't going anywhere and its expansion only helps Marshall. Yet 'fans' like greenhouse spend the majority of their time hating WVU and the big 12 more than liking Marshall. We need to get past the butthurt and focus on the future. Just like this thread was created to do... I'm excited to see where the expansion takes us- hoping ultimately for a P5 but a rebuilt AAC seems very viable.

shhhhhhhhh.... the adults are talking now

You guys just don't like new posters who don't agree with everything you say. Any inkling of reasonable thought is shut down if it has any negative connotation about Marshall. Grow up Queenhouse

Im living with my brother on 4th avenue above prime copy plus since he's a senior and I got permission. But I think move in day is August 13th. You thinking about a senior citizen mentoring program?

[QUOTE="I Herd dat, post: 381608, member: 9271]Yeah I'm the idiot here[/QUOTE]

Yep.

We all know that you are not an "incoming freshman" at Marshall or anywhere else. But, just for the sake of argument, let us just go along with your little lie. So you like sports (although you don't seem to know much about them, either specifically relative to Marshall or overall). And so you are some person smart enough to attend college. Which more or less (unlike most states) anybody with any business in college can attend any of the state colleges he wishes. So why not attend your beloved USPAM (more about that in a minute) ? Root for your mighty Mountaineers as they field fill and watch 4 Augusts' "usens is gonna win that there national champieenship" become Octobers' assreams become Decembers' Motel 6 bowls. Then watch your fat, drunk, and stupid basketball coach muddle though that rediculious Kansas and a bunch of schools that think basketball is something played between football and spring football conference, before falling oh so frustratingly short yet againt. Wear with pride your yankee uniform blue and chicken yellow. Get piss drunk every weekend, sail to a joke diploma, and, all the while (assuming you are from WV or environs) be discriminated against and looked down up at a school actually named after you own state by those who run the f***ing place, the sons and daughters of New Jersey.

Just apply, you will get in. Everybody does.

As to USPAM, yep. MOST WVU students (some idiot, maybe you will soon yell NOOOOOOO really loudly, but that does not make that any less true) are from places like Pennsylvania. USPAM. MIFART. Funny. The New Jersites and other drunk loser yankees that dominate that school proudly burn couches and such. They even have a website named that. They are proud of it. Methed out. Ever seen a WVU fan. Ever had your intelect challenged by some drunk druged out loser who NEVER ATTENDED ANY COLLEGE, who calls your high level of education a "community college" or "little brother" or other such idiocy?

That does not bother you?

Of course not. Because you have no relationship whatsoever with Marshall, The University that serves West Virginia.

I don't care if the big 12 is worthy of a bid or not Queenhouse. The point of the post isn't about that.. But you make it about that

Intentionally misspelling his name in such a way that you imply he's gay, isn't cool and isn't funny. Its disrespectful to the entire LGBT community, and if you knew anything about the communities at Marshall and Huntington then you'd know that we are one of the most LGBT friendly states in the country. Regardless of your personal beliefs its offensive to the entire LGBT community to use terms that apply to them as insults on this board. You're posts have been reported to the mods because bigotry toward any group is unacceptable.

Im living with my brother on 4th avenue above prime copy plus since he's a senior and I got permission. But I think move in day is August 13th. You thinking about a senior citizen mentoring program?

so you have a"brother" that is a senior at Marshall yet you didn't know how to sign up for football tickets or what the Marshall Maniacs were...

...and after the Maniacs were explained your next post critized them for stealing the same name after WVU came up with it.

#seemscompletelylegit

My brother is not a Marshall fan. I'm trying to be, but you guys make it hard to respect them.

As for Marco- seriously??? Can you cry any bigger of a river? I mean football and basketball talk aside- you haven't commented once on this thread and just come in at the tail end to cry about being gay friendly because I called someone a queen that rhymes with his name after he insults me? You wonder why people DO insult you the way they do... Criminy

My brother is not a Marshall fan. I'm trying to be, but you guys make it hard to respect them.

so "Uncle Smitty" didn't tell you about football when he was taking you to Marshall basketball games?

just promise to stick around after you guys start out 1-3 and i'll keep eating your bait. "O fer October" looks like a pretty sure thing again this year. though K-State at the 'Hole might make it a "1 fer October"...

Reactions: The Real SamC
Uncle Smitty doesn't know about student tickets or student organizations. Come on Andy be smarter than that..

I'll be around these boards for 4 years if I can.. But I have a feeling what will happen is some choochbag like Marco will claim discrimination just so Chris has a reason to expel me.. Spoken like a true liberal

i don't hear a lot of HS and college age kids use the word "criminy"

Lol... I've heard it all. This board is just full of amazingly smart people. Here I thought we were going to talk about expansion, and instead we get a grumpy old man, a crybaby liberal bringing up gay rights out of no where, and a guy telling ha what words you're allowed to use depending on your age... Face Palm

I'm gonna take a break for a while.. Maybe in a few days you'll be ready to talk football, not whine like 3 year olds

and a guy pretending to be a guy pretending to be a guy...

downey.jpg

Hopefully the end of this iherddat fake.

How many posters have we had over the years who claim some variation of Marshall student/graduate but open USPAM fan? Remember CTMountaineer, who claimed to have 6 or 8 college degrees, including one from Marshall, and several from schools that did not exist or which the school did not offer?

Or, for that matter, fixated jealous non-alumni hilljacks who insist they actually attended USPAM, but get easily tripped up by minor matter of Hole geography or internal USPAM procedures?

It is sad really.

When I mention USM and comparing our history to theirs I don't think it compares really. We have a story that no other school in the country has including a major motion picture about our program. With our history of Heisman candidates and multiple bowl wins, I don't see how USM is anywhere close to us in terms of perception. The movie alone makes us more attractive I would think.

When I mention USM and comparing our history to theirs I don't think it compares really. We have a story that no other school in the country has including a major motion picture about our program. With our history of Heisman candidates and multiple bowl wins, I don't see how USM is anywhere close to us in terms of perception. The movie alone makes us more attractive I would think.

i agree. also those noting USM's "history" with the other AAC teams isn't exactly true other than ECU, Memphis, and Tulane.

USM Games Played *MU games played in ()
Cincy - 15 (12)
UConn - 0 (1)
ECU - 39 (15)
USF - 4 (0)
Temple - 0 (2)
UCF - 8 (11)
Houston - 14 (4)
Memphis - 63 (8)
Navy - 1 (0)
SMU - 4 (4)
Tulane - 30 (4)
Tulsa - 8 (5)

Intentionally misspelling his name in such a way that you imply he's gay, isn't cool and isn't funny. Its disrespectful to the entire LGBT community, and if you knew anything about the communities at Marshall and Huntington then you'd know that we are one of the most LGBT friendly states in the country. Regardless of your personal beliefs its offensive to the entire LGBT community to use terms that apply to them as insults on this board. You're posts have been reported to the mods because bigotry toward any group is unacceptable.

Got to be honest with you here, with 13 posts and six months history on this board, you really don't have the standing to be lecturing anyone. I'm not disagreeing with the intent of your message, just dumbstruck that you think you have the moral authority. It's like the guy who moves into a new neighborhood then runs to the home owners association with a complaint about every neighbor the first week he's there. Take some time to learn the dynamic before becoming "that guy".

The site has an off topic board for non-sports stuff where you can go hog wild with all your deeply held beliefs. I don't support herd dat in his comment, but the board has mods that monitor and handle things like that and they do a good job, let them do it.

i agree. also those noting USM's "history" with the other AAC teams isn't exactly true other than ECU, Memphis, and Tulane.

USM Games Played *MU games played in ()
Cincy - 15 (12)
UConn - 0 (1)
ECU - 39 (15)
USF - 4 (0)
Temple - 0 (2)
UCF - 8 (11)
Houston - 14 (4)
Memphis - 63 (8)
Navy - 1 (0)
SMU - 4 (4)
Tulane - 30 (4)
Tulsa - 8 (5)

Well, if you total those they lead 186-66. They are 122-62-2 in those 186 games. We are 28-37-1 in our 66.

I love the Herd, but to act like we have the same history as USM is a little disingenuous. They had 5 conference championships playing against those teams, we only had one and that was after several top teams left. We have a total of 20 wins against teams currently in P5 conferences. USM has 80.

Reactions: Herd Fever
Well, if you total those they lead 186-66. They are 122-62-2 in those 186 games. We are 28-37-1 in our 66.

more than half of those 122 wins came against Memphis and Tulane. as for P5 wins, they also have 20 extra years of 1A/FBS play over Marshall (and 18 of their P5 wins are against Louisville).

i don't dispute that USM has an overall "richer" (for lack of a better term) competitive history than Marshall. but our best years are better than anything they have put up. despite having those 20 extra years of 1A/FBS games they have finished ranked the same number of times as Marshall (4). their highest final ranking being #13 compared to ours at #10. they have zero Heisman finalists. they have 12 total championships to our 16. they are 10-11 in bowls to our 10-2. they are a very solid football program, but have never really been in the national spotlight.

i just don't agree with those saying USM is a "shoe-in" over Marshall because of history if the AAC comes calling.

Didn't Southern Miss go straight 20 years to a bowl game or have a winning record.

Until we can accomplish that at the 1A level, I don't want to hear anything.

To be honest with you

If the AAC doesn't smarten up and add Marshall, WKU, Rice and Southern Miss that conference will crumble under their arrogance.

Didn't Southern Miss go straight 20 years to a bowl game or have a winning record.

Until we can accomplish that at the 1A level, I don't want to hear anything.

they had 10 straight bowl games from 2002-2011 going 5-5. since we moved up in 1997 USM has played in 15 bowl games going 8-7 (1 P5 win; Pitt '97). Marshall has gone 10-2 (1 P5 win; Maryland '13).

they had 18 straight winning seasons from 1994 to 2011. Marshall had 20 from 1984 to 2004. if you only count from 1997 they had 15 straight and we had 8.

again, some of you are giving their resume more credit than it deserves when compared to ours...

and if you throw in TV markets, Hattiesburg-Laurel is #168 with 106,760 households. Huntington-Charleston is #67 with 434,540 households.

again, i have nothing but respect for USM. if i got to pick "partner" schools to always share a conference with USM and ECU would be 1a and 1b. if they were picked ahead of Marshall in a round of expansion i would not be surprised or mad. i just think a lot of you guys are selling us short in comparison.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT