ADVERTISEMENT

Expensive things that are “worth it”

Thanks, that’s helpful.

I’m a novice on hand guns.

I was thinking to keep it in my ruck sack, not on my body.

You're very welcome.

A revolver is usually harder to conceal because of the width. Access to a firearm in a rucksack is usually harder in a time of need and easier for others to access (think kids and their friends).

We don't turn young kids loose with lawnmowers, bicycles or chainsaws without proper instruction or safety tips and firearms shouldn't be any different. There are millions of firearms in houses with young children that are incident free despite what detractors say.

And you are correct. Two-legged predators are seemingly more prevalent on trails than four-legged ones, especially nearer to trailheads. But like any form of insurance, it is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I am one of the statistics that used a firearm for self-defense, thankfully not needing to pull the trigger. And thankfully both I and the person I assisted aren't another type of statistic...

Let’s be honest- at your age, you aren’t getting many people in your bedroom to see the mattress. And if you are lucky enough to get somebody from the local senior home into your bedroom, she’s too fvcking old to be able to see anything on the mattress.

Carl, I own two handguns. But I don’t have any children, let alone young children.

The girl I dated for two years in Utah was a hiking freak. We would go on extremely long hikes through some very remote places. Mountain lions and venomous snakes are all over Utah.I saw way too many for my liking while hiking and biking. We accidentally hiked 18+ miles in the Grand Canyon. I’ve hiked Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons, both of which are full of bears, more times than I can count. I’ve hiked many times in the Cleveland National Forest which is home to many mountain lions and coyote.

I’ve never once had an incident where I felt I may need a handgun.

I promise: with young children, you are far, far more likely to have a bad incident involving the gun and them at home than you ever are to need it while hiking. You’re not in Africa. You’re in the mid-Atlantic/Appalachia, right? Just avoid the people from Deliverance, which is admittedly challenging if you’re in West Virginia, and you’ll be fine.

And let’s face it: you’re a doctor. Have you never watched Dateline? It’s only a matter of time before your wife sets your murder up as either a suicide, a robbery gone bad, or an accident, shortly after you coincidentally increased your life insurance. Putting a handgun in the house is just handing her the silver platter to have you offed.

Make better decisions.

So anyway, Carl, get a 9MM or a 38. Both are small and easy to fire. Just depends on whether you want a gun with a clip or a revolver. You can hide your guns in a high, out of the way spot that your kids couldn’t reach if they wanted to. If you get a really wild hair, you could also teach your kids about gun safety since, you know, they’re not idiots or anything.

Reactions: KyMUfan
I paid extra for the rich people Covid vaccine
The hell you say? What one is for rich folk?

Easy. Just look for the button that looks like a heated steering wheel

Pro tip - if the button for your heated steering wheel is in your hand and not mounted where it should be inside the car, it ain't gonna work.

You are obviously a normie if you have to ask.
Cute... Now go get your shine box!

robert deniro bar GIF

Last edited:
Diamonds and jewelry. I like to keep a large stash around to take pictures of and share on social media. It's expensive, but it's worth it as it illustrates my life style.

So anyway, Carl, get a 9MM or a 38. Both are small and easy to fire. Just depends on whether you want a gun with a clip or a revolver. You can hide your guns in a high, out of the way spot that your kids couldn’t reach if they wanted to.
Yeah! That’s it! Because of the 300-400 children who are injured or die each year from accidental shootings, none of them were from guns that parents thought they had prevented access to, huh?

How many of you ever had to pull a gun to use on wildlife or a person while hiking? Compare those chances to the number of children shot accidentally or purpose and those shot by children from having firearms in the house.

How many of you ever had to pull a gun to use on wildlife or a person while hiking?

robertaheinlein1-2x.jpg

Interesting that one of the crudest and most ill-mannered persons I have ever encountered would understand nothing about politeness and the reasons for it...

Last edited:
robertaheinlein1-2x.jpg

Interesting that one of the crudest and most ill-mannered persons I have ever encountered would understand nothing about politeness and the reasons for it...

That quote is about as illogical and backwoods as your usual arguments.

Having bad manners means somebody should have to defend their life? Act like an asshole and have a gun pulled? Great custom to enact, moron.

A lot to consider.

I was planning on keeping it in the gun safe and only throwing it my bag as we left. I keep the bag on my person the whole hike. Was thinking of keeping it in another locked compartment of my bag too.

Maybe I just should keep a bigger knife.

Like I said, I’m out of my element here.

Having bad manners means somebody should have to defend their life? Act like an asshole and have a gun pulled? Great custom to enact, moron.

Again you didn't disappoint...😂

Now, connect the dots and you'll see what I mean...🙂👍

Diamonds and jewelry. I like to keep a large stash around to take pictures of and share on social media. It's expensive, but it's worth it as it illustrates my life style.
You’ll feel better that I’m living like you now. I just got on a flight, but I’m not in first-class. Jack Harlow invited me to his show on Friday, but I won’t be in LA. So he invited me to his show in Dallas Tuesday. I had to grab a last minute flight, and first class was already booked. So they put me in an exit row.

I showed up with a rare checked bag 35 minutes before my flight was supposed to depart. “Mr. K, it’s well past the luggage cutoff time. We value your business and recognize you as frequently flying out of here, so we are going to make a call and get your bag on this flight. But please try to plan a little better next time, because we can’t usually do this for guests.”

Some of the diamond collection is in the carry-on, so they’ll be alright.

You do realize that the quote you are attributing to me as being illogical and backwoods was written by a man who graduated from the United States Naval Academy ranking 5th? You also realize he is one of the three greatest science fiction writers in history selling over 100 million copies worldwide? Right? But as always I'm sure your assessment of him being illogical and backwoods is correct, at least in your mind...

You also realize he is one of the three greatest science fiction writers in history selling over 100 million copies worldwide? Right?
So he’s good at writing things that are completely unrealistic, have no basis in practicality, and don’t make any sense? Yeah, I could have guessed that from the quote you posted of his. That’s basically science fiction.

So he’s good at writing things that are completely unrealistic, have no basis in practicality, and don’t make any sense? Yeah, I could have guessed that from the quote you posted of his. That’s basically science fiction.

When are you ever going to learn to think before you speak? Oh wait, I forgot that thinking, especially critical thinking, are beyond your abilities. By the way he had published non-fiction works as well...

Let's look at just how unrealistic Heinlein was as well, at least to a simpleton such as yourself...

"Sometimes called the "dean of science fiction writers",[5] he was among the first to emphasize scientific accuracy in his fiction, and was thus a pioneer of the subgenre of hard science fiction."

"His published works, both fiction and non-fiction, express admiration for competence and emphasize the value of critical thinking.[6]"

"He also anticipated mechanical computer-aided design with "Drafting Dan" and described a modern version of a waterbed in his novel Beyond This Horizon.[16]"

Owing to the fact that you are incompetent to be able to set the temperature on a water heater, this quote of his probably won't make sense to you either but it does to those of us with intelligence, competency and common sense...

Competent-man-heinlein.jpg

Reactions: 19MU88
A lot to consider.

I was planning on keeping it in the gun safe and only throwing it my bag as we left. I keep the bag on my person the whole hike. Was thinking of keeping it in another locked compartment of my bag too.

If you are going to have a gun on you for protection, I do not know how much good it will do you if you have to fumble around a locked compartment to access it.

Let’s be honest- at your age, you aren’t getting many people in your bedroom to see the mattress. And if you are lucky enough to get somebody from the local senior home into your bedroom, she’s too fvcking old to be able to see anything on the mattress.

Carl, I own two handguns. But I don’t have any children, let alone young children.

The girl I dated for two years in Utah was a hiking freak. We would go on extremely long hikes through some very remote places. Mountain lions and venomous snakes are all over Utah.I saw way too many for my liking while hiking and biking. We accidentally hiked 18+ miles in the Grand Canyon. I’ve hiked Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons, both of which are full of bears, more times than I can count. I’ve hiked many times in the Cleveland National Forest which is home to many mountain lions and coyote.

I’ve never once had an incident where I felt I may need a handgun.

I promise: with young children, you are far, far more likely to have a bad incident involving the gun and them at home than you ever are to need it while hiking. You’re not in Africa. You’re in the mid-Atlantic/Appalachia, right? Just avoid the people from Deliverance, which is admittedly challenging if you’re in West Virginia, and you’ll be fine.

And let’s face it: you’re a doctor. Have you never watched Dateline? It’s only a matter of time before your wife sets your murder up as either a suicide, a robbery gone bad, or an accident, shortly after you coincidentally increased your life insurance. Putting a handgun in the house is just handing her the silver platter to have you offed.

Make better decisions.
Don't listen to the lib. Get a good quality gun. I can speak highly of the Glock and Smith and Wesson. Smith and Wesson has a thunb safety. Glock does not. I like the Smith, but I know of people who have the Glock and like it. GLock has more capacity than the Shield. Both are excellent.

Get trained on it. Practice. Keep it locked up away from the kids. WHen they are old enough, train them on safety and the responsibility of a gun.

YOu can use it for home protection. Shooting forfun. Hiking , camping whatever.

Reactions: KyMUfan
You’ll feel better that I’m living like you now. I just got on a flight, but I’m not in first-class. Jack Harlow invited me to his show on Friday, but I won’t be in LA. So he invited me to his show in Dallas Tuesday. I had to grab a last minute flight, and first class was already booked. So they put me in an exit row.

I showed up with a rare checked bag 35 minutes before my flight was supposed to depart. “Mr. K, it’s well past the luggage cutoff time. We value your business and recognize you as frequently flying out of here, so we are going to make a call and get your bag on this flight. But please try to plan a little better next time, because we can’t usually do this for guests.”

Didn't read it.

A lot to consider.

I have a Glock 43 as my everyday carry. It is a great gun. That being said, I would recommend a Glock 23 (compact) or 27 (subcompact), which is a .40 caliber. Little more stopping power than the 9mm. The Sig Sauer P320 is also a nice little gun.

How many idiots can be in one thread? The guy isn't asking about a gun for home protection, recreational shooting, etc. He specifically wants it for hiking with his children.

In that case, unless he is hiking through Compton or parts of Africa (due to animals, you racists; the non-human kinds), it is foolish to want a gun.

Yeah! That’s it! Because of the 300-400 children who are injured or die each year from accidental shootings, none of them were from guns that parents thought they had prevented access to, huh?

How many of you ever had to pull a gun to use on wildlife or a person while hiking? Compare those chances to the number of children shot accidentally or purpose and those shot by children from having firearms in the house.

I’m not going to research your statistics so I will accept them at face value because it sounds reasonable. I’m sure there are many variables that would cause a young child to be involved in an accident involving a gun, but snooping around the house for a gun they don’t even know exists isn’t likely at all. Not having kids, you have no point of reference on this. So take it from me. There are far more reasons to own a gun than to not.

You’re also the same guy who accidentally took a gun on an airplane, remember? So...

In that case, unless he is hiking through Compton or parts of Africa (due to animals, you racists; the non-human kinds), it is foolish to want a gun.

What animals (the non-human kinds) exist in Compton?

Yeah, who's the racist now???

This is what AI Text Generator spits out when you enter keywords: cringe, narcissism, insecurity, fantasy, trying too hard.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
What animals (the non-human kinds) exist in Compton?

Yeah, who's the racist now???
There's a reason why the parentheses is after "Africa" and not "Compton," moron. Reading comprehension is hard!

You’re also the same guy who accidentally took a gun on an airplane, remember? So...
And that's the exact fvcking point. Mistakes happen. People misplace things. Kids find things they aren't supposed to (Christmas presents prematurely, Playboy magazines, your dildo, a gun).

but snooping around the house for a gun they don’t even know exists isn’t likely at all. Not having kids, you have no point of reference on this. So take it from me...
You're the guy who said "take it from me, Earth is only about 6000 years old" and argued vehemently behind that. Sorry, but a full grown adult arguing that point loses all validity on any topic.

Snooping around the house and finding something they didn't even know existed "isn't likely at all"? Christ, get your head out of the sand. And even if it is remote, it is still much more likely than the chances you'll need to defend yourself with a gun while hiking.

This is what AI Text Generator spits out when you enter keywords: cringe, narcissism, insecurity, fantasy, trying too hard.

The coward is back! Tell us, liar: where are the stats showing that all-cause mortality is on pace in 2022 to be higher than any year in the past 30.

The coward is back! Tell us, liar: where are the stats showing that all-cause mortality is on pace in 2022 to be higher than any year in the past 30.

Here are some stats from the UK. The US doesn’t keep as up-to-date stats, and the CDC is not reliable for accurate information. You know this. It’s why you skipped the bivalent booster even though the CDC strongly recommends it for your demographic.

Maybe you'd be more comfortable with the CEO of the largest funeral home company in America, speaking to investors:

"If you go back in this industry and particularly with SCI, year-to-year you would see the numbers of deaths -- probably in one year you may be down 1% or 2%, in the next year you're up 1% or 2% which you could predict was pretty good accuracy over a year and over a big footprint like ours what was probably going to happen… 2020 comes along, Covid, game-changer, right. We're having to do at one point of time 20 percent more funerals which is unheard of in a year versus, let's say, a year or two before."

"What we're telling you is, the third quarter of this year, we did 15% more calls than we did in the third quarter of 2019. That is not what anybody would have anticipated and that has just a very de minimis amount of Covid deaths in it."

Here are some stats from the UK. The US doesn’t keep as up-to-date stats, and the CDC is not reliable for accurate information. You know this. It’s why you skipped the bivalent booster even though the CDC strongly recommends it for your demographic.

This is awesome! So you weren’t talking about the U.S. You weren’t talking about the world. You weren’t talking about the countries that have seen a drop in all-cause mortality. You’re only talking about one area, allegedly the UK.

Fvck, Middle-Class Murox the Moron: do you even know what confirmation bias is?! This is the exact perfect example of it, and you’re too good damn stupid to realize it.

The U.S. stats are just as reliable. The CDC isn’t baking the all-cause mortality stats, moron. Are those numbers delayed? Sure. It’s like that every single year. They’re always a few months behind while certain states catch up with reporting. But you can simply compare the fully reported months with previous years to get a projection based on logic.

I really don’t know if you’re this dumb or just trying to find anything to support your bogus claim. If it’s the latter, it’s making you look even dumber than the former.

Oh, and what that tweet says about the UK . . . it still doesn’t even make your claim accurate!

In reality, we all know what happened. Just like the last time that you made a similar claim and were called out on it (remember my $500k wager offer), you spouted off with some total bullshit that is entirely inaccurate. It’s amazing: the similar claim months ago was about the U.S. Now, suddenly, you claim that those stats are not accurate. And you use “we” to not mean the U.S. or the world, but just the UK.

You having some tea later, liar?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT