ADVERTISEMENT

FAU Top 10 QB Sanders

Looks like they’ll be rolling for a while. Gotta he Taggarts biggest get in his young tenure.

Not to worry, HERD Fans. We all know that Doc still has his established South Florida bona fide recruiting connections . . . . doesn't he??

It looks like the Owls will have 2-3 QB's on the roster better than what we have. Willie will win there like has has at other G5 stops.

It looks like the Owls will have 2-3 QB's on the roster better than what we have. Willie will win there like has has at other G5 stops.
Taggart has a career record of 40-45 at G5 schools. Now, to be fair, he took over really bad programs at USF and WKU.

Still...

Overall at WKU he was 16-20.

Overall at USF he was 24-25.

In his one season at Oregon they went 4-5 in the Pac 12.

In 1 3/4 seasons at FSU he was 9-12 overall and 6-9 in the ACC.

He's never won a conference championship at any of the four schools where he's been the head guy.

He's had ONE 10 win season in 10 seasons as a HC.

He can recruit and he can sell a program but as a coach the guy is INCREDIBLY overrated.

I guess I should have said he has done a very good job of building or reviving G5 programs. He did that at both WKU and USF. He has never walked into a winning G5 program before. It will be interesting how well he handles that.

I guess I should have said he has done a very good job of building or reviving G5 programs. He did that at both WKU and USF. He has never walked into a winning G5 program before. It will be interesting how well he handles that.
That's fair.

I think he will be fine, mostly because he will recruit very well. I don't think they'll be as good as they were with Lane, though.

Reactions: Herdmeister
It looks like the Owls will have 2-3 QB's on the roster better than what we have.

Bottom line is, if Doc doesn't think he could play here then I don't care where he ends up.

Isn't that how you worded it for Dan in regards to Justice and Frampton? Works the same, right?

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
I like DD a lot and think he has done wonders given what he had and has to work with. But he has missed on a few kids and certainly had some clunkers in recruiting.

That said, Frampton could play here easily.

As far as Doc and QB recruiting, nothing surprises me there.

Bottom line is, if Doc doesn't think he could play here then I don't care where he ends up.

Isn't that how you worded it for Dan in regards to Justice and Frampton? Works the same, right?

Agree. If the HC doesn't think he can play then the HC should make that decision. I totally agree with that. I did NOT say he should be here. I don't get paid to recruit and judge HS kids talent level. I leave that to the coaches in any sport and at any level.

I don't get paid to recruit and judge HS kids talent level. I leave that to the coaches in any sport and at any level.

Which therein lies the problem......

Dan wasn't judging off their success in HS. He saw them play at the the D1 level (a better conference in Frampton's case) and still tried saying they weren't good enough to play here.

Just call a spade and a spade an don't try to save face.

That's my point and I'm pretty sure that's the point of most people that have commented on this post.

Which therein lies the problem......

Dan wasn't judging off their success in HS. He saw them play at the the D1 level (a better conference in Frampton's case) and still tried saying they weren't good enough to play here.

Just call a spade and a spade an don't try to save face.

That's my point and I'm pretty sure that's the point of most people that have commented on this post.
He also did not like the relationship that he was having with his head coach at Davidson, a VERY respected coach and also his work in the classroom while there.
Maybe you should actually talk to Danny about his feelings about why he recruits or doesn't recruit a certain player. Do you ever talk to him? Do you ask questions? As an admin on here I would think you would frequently. If not feel free to join us at practice any day. You can actually talk to the man. Come visit him at his radio show. He will tell you many things there off air that he can't say on the air. There has never been a more open coach here. As you recall Huckabay was the closest to this

He also did not like the relationship that he was having with his head coach at Davidson, a VERY respected coach and also his work in the classroom while there.

I’m well aware of Luke’s situation and I’d imagine if you asked McKillop about the relationship, he’d explain it better.

I’m well aware of Luke’s situation and I’d imagine if you asked McKillop about the relationship, he’d explain it better.
ok, again, the HC is charged with making the call. He is paid to make that call. Who am I to question it? Be it Doc, Danny, Tony, Megan or Ari.

He will tell you many things there off air that he can't say on the air. There has never been a more open coach here.

Hmm. Wouldn't that mean that he isn't very open if he is hiding from saying things on air?

Initial reaction to this thread...

48h87n.jpg

Hmm. Wouldn't that mean that he isn't very open if he is hiding from saying things on air?
there are lows that would be broken. You can say some things per the NCAA to individuals that you can not say to a crowd or on the radio. Example a HC can tell me one on one the name of a recruit. He can NOT say that on the air or to a group of people.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT