ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD FAU

"Here...take some points..."
Litton

For the most part, the playcalling was better.
Legg limited his idiocy to less calls. Moved the ball on them fairly well, couldn't capitalize when we needed to.

Doc rolled the dice twice and made some uncharacteristically gusty calls.

Its kind of hard to remain competitive when the QB makes some blundering passes...1 of which might was well have been a fielded punt.
4 freaking INT's with, what? 2 converted to TD's?! Imagine cutting that margin, we win.

Defense was totally unable to take advantage of first contact and gave them 2nd chances...didn't wrap up and tackle.

One thing I noticed, Vedvik's holder kept holding the ball laces in...why?! Not sure if Vedvik prefers that or the holder doesn't know its preferred to be laces out.

Not saying he makes that FG but it certainly wouldn't hurt making it as easy as possible.

Really, really hate to say it but we gotta turn the corner FAST or this season's in the tubes. Yes, I know we've doubled last year's win total but, who have we won against?????

"Here...take some points..."
Litton

For the most part, the playcalling was better.
Legg limited his idiocy to less calls. Moved the ball on them fairly well, couldn't capitalize when we needed to.

Doc rolled the dice twice and made some uncharacteristically gusty calls.

Its kind of hard to remain competitive when the QB makes some blundering passes...1 of which might was well have been a fielded punt.
4 freaking INT's with, what? 2 converted to TD's?! Imagine cutting that margin, we win.

Defense was totally unable to take advantage of first contact and gave them 2nd chances...didn't wrap up and tackle.

One thing I noticed, Vedvik's holder kept holding the ball laces in...why?! Not sure if Vedvik prefers that or the holder doesn't know its preferred to be laces out.

Not saying he makes that FG but it certainly wouldn't hurt making it as easy as possible.

tenor.gif

Legg sucks and I'm not sure what Litton issue is. Worst play calling on that last drive. Terrible. 2 straight losses that should have been wins. Litton and Legg cost us.

Reactions: Dre621
Last week FIU and tonight FAU.These programs have former NFL head coaches. Marshall fights but they can't overcome being out coached. Marshall's OC has no imagination when it comes to play calling. The don't run a jet sweep, no misdirection plays, they don't run anything that a defense has to adjust too. The only movement is Yurachek moves from one side of the formation to other. Guaranteed if Kiffin was at Marshall the offense would be significantly better. Marshall has weapons but they are not being used properly. Disappointing how they play against the better teams in CUSA.

Reactions: herdinmichigan
Why are you leaving Doc out of this equation?

I'm willing to say Doc made adjustments at the half. The team looked much better in the 2nd half.
Of course, making changes in playcalling is one thing. Its another when your QB doesn't get the memo and tosses FAU the ball.
Hell, its not like he was ever under pressure when those happened. The OL blocked decently well...he just made horrible decisions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT