ADVERTISEMENT

Follow up to the Recruiting Exchange article

Mike Gwinn

I'd rather be fishing.
Feb 26, 2002
Beckley, WV
Here is some additional info that Jacob, Corey and Josh gathered for the exchange article. The exchange program only allows for 90 characters, limiting what we can include.

1.) Devonte Williams- He is now ranked the 60th best RB in the nation and 19th best overall prospect in the state of MD. He said even though there was early interest in Indiana he is 100% committed to the Herd. No signing day drama for him. His NLI will be faxed on NSD.

2.) Doyle Grimes- The staff visited Grimes last week and plans on visiting again prior to NSD. His level of interest in Marshall has remain unchanged, do not know if that is good or something to be concerned about. He is still being actively recruited by Syracuse and FAU. He was committed to the Orange prior to flipping to Marshall. FAU just picked up a commitment from a LB they were high on so not sure if the Owls' interest level is as high now. Grimes tweeted on Tues night that he had just received an offer from Indiana. As far as the staff knows, he still plans to fax his NLI on signing day. No indications so far that he'll be a signing day decision but something tells me to keep an eye on this one.

3.) Ty Tyler- After his official visit in October he told HerdNation he was 100% committed to Marshall. He told us this week that his level of interest has remained unchanged since then. Tyler said that no new schools have expressed interest in him since October and that his plan is to fax his NLI to the Marshall football office on NSD.

4.) Reggie Rogers- Is ranked the 59th best overall prospect from the state of Ohio. Earlier this month, Rogers told HerdNation that he was 90% committed. After an in-home visit from Coach Holliday and Coach Legg last week he now says he is 100%! He told us despite a late push from Cincy and Akron his recruitment is over. Apparently Akron put on the full court press for him. He too will fax his NLI on signing day.

5.) Delvin Weems- He told us this week that he is 100% committed to the Herd and can't wait to wear the kelly green and white. He is so much on board that he has been actively recruiting Kansas St commit Mohammed Barry and his teammate and Auburn commit Elijah Sullivan. Weems told HerdNation and as we reported earlier this week that he and Sullivan were hoping to visit Marshall before NSD. Weems has received late interest from Memphis, Georgia Southern and Samford but the interest is not mutual. He too will fax his NLI in to Marshall on signing day.

6.) Alex Locklear- He told HerdNation that his recruitment is over and he is 100% and has been since he made his verbal commitment to the staff. Locklear told HerdNation's Jacob Messer, "I love everything about Marshall, from the coaching staff to the GREAT community and all of the support I have already gotten since my commitment to the Herd."

7.) Levi Brown- He told HerdNation that he was 100% committed to the Herd when he verbally committed in October and his level of interest remains that high since then. He has also closed his recruitment and has received no further interest from other programs. He will fax his NLI to the Marshall football offices on NSD.

8.) Sage Lewis- He told HerdNation's Corey Bodden that he is now 95% committed to the Herd. That is up from 85% when Corey interviewed him around Christmas. He is still taking visits though and will be at FIU this weekend and Miami (FL) the following weekend. He said the Canes have not offered but if they did it would certainly make his decision more difficult. He said he wasn't sure if he would flip even if the Canes would offer but I can definitely understand why it would complicate things. He wasn't clear if he will be a signing day decision. My guess is it depends on that Miami visit and if they offer or not.

This post was edited on 1/22 10:03 AM by Mike Gwinn

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.