ADVERTISEMENT

Footballscoop.com: New FBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

anon_0314hp8ssprnn

Marshall: Miami Carol City HS (FL) head coach Aubrey Hill is expected to join the staff as wide receivers coach, according to Bruce Feldman.

Your focus should be on "assistant football coach C" in the below link.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Miami Public Inf Rpt.pdf

After you are done with that, examine the productivity of receivers during his stints at MIami (2008-2010) and Florida (2011-2012) before he was forced to resign.

2008: leading receiver had 31 catches for the entire season; the top receiver averaged 27.7 yards per game

2009: leading receiver had 45 catches for the entire season; the top receiver averaged 61.6 yards per game

2011: leading receiver had 21 catches for the entire season; the top receiver averaged 26.4 yards per game

2012: forced to resign

Your focus should be on "assistant football coach C" in the below link.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Miami Public Inf Rpt.pdf

After you are done with that, examine the productivity of receivers during his stints at MIami (2008-2010) and Florida (2011-2012) before he was forced to resign.

2008: leading receiver had 31 catches for the entire season; the top receiver averaged 27.7 yards per game

2009: leading receiver had 45 catches for the entire season; the top receiver averaged 61.6 yards per game

2011: leading receiver had 21 catches for the entire season; the top receiver averaged 26.4 yards per game

2012: forced to resign

Look at who the quarterbacks (Robert Marve and John Brantley) were on those rosters too. Wide receiver production doesn't fall solely on the receivers. You're just bending things in your favor to try to get your point across.

Reactions: Herd Fever
Look at who the quarterbacks (Robert Marve and John Brantley) were on those rosters too. Wide receiver production doesn't fall solely on the receivers. You're just bending things in your favor to try to get your point across. .

Brantley was good enough to be signed by the Baltimore Ravens and threw for over 4000 yards his final two years. He wasn't exactly a complete bum. You also conveniently skipped the part about Jacory Harris being the starting QB one of those years. It sounds like you're the one bending things in your favor to try to get your point across. Harris was signed by an NFL team and has spent the last 4-5 years in the CFL. So, two of the three starting QBs were both signed by NFL teams and one has spent numerous years in the CFL. As I said, not exactly complete bums. Of course, if you have poorly coached receivers, it will make it difficult to succeed regardless of how talented NFL and CFL teams see the quarterbacks as being.

Brantley was good enough to be signed by the Baltimore Ravens and threw for over 4000 yards his final two years. He wasn't exactly a complete bum. You also conveniently skipped the part about Jacory Harris being the starting QB one of those years. It sounds like you're the one bending things in your favor to try to get your point across. Harris was signed by an NFL team and has spent the last 4-5 years in the CFL. So, two of the three starting QBs were both signed by NFL teams and one has spent numerous years in the CFL. As I said, not exactly complete bums. Of course, if you have poorly coached receivers, it will make it difficult to succeed regardless of how talented NFL and CFL teams see the quarterbacks as being.

You're right, Harris was the QB in the same year their leading receiver rocorded nearly 50 receptions for over 800 yards, which isn't bad. Look at Miami historically, they've never been an air-raid offense.

You're right, Harris was the QB in the same year their leading receiver rocorded nearly 50 receptions for over 800 yards, which isn't bad. Look at Miami historically, they've never been an air-raid offense.

Nearly 50? He was as close to 40 as he was to 50. Here, let me play your game: that year's leading receiver barely had 40 catches. What about the 31 catches the year before? Let me guess - the 21 reception high at Florida fits in with their history, too, right?

The fact is that his receiving units have almost always been far below average. You attempted to blame it on poor quarterbacks. The professional leagues disagreed, as did decent statistics from those quarterbacks (and more than decent for Jacory). You then tried exaggerating the productivity only to then blame it on Miami not being an air-raid team historically. You failed to account for Florida's lack of production. Now, by your own admittance, he hasn't coached in an offense that throws it a lot. Well, you may be ignorant to this, but historically Marshall throws it a lot. Even with a young quarterback, they throw it (or attempt to) 40+ times per game. So, besides getting one of the biggest cheaters in college football over the last decade and besides getting a guy whose unit production has been below average, we are also getting a guy who isn't used to coaching in an offense where receivers are utilized much. Brilliant!

As I said, it is a Damon Cogdell hire. We saw how that worked out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why can't we just call it what it is, a highly questionable hire that reeks of desperation and the prayers of a short term recruiting bump by getting players from a state championship team in Florida?

It's a huge risk with absolutely little to no upside. There are literally hundreds of guys you could hire that bring the same ability and far less, or absolutely no, baggage. If Doc is really the king of FL recruiting, why do we need this guy? We don't even know if he can recruit when he doesn't have a stack on money, yachts, and strip club VIP passes to offer. This does look exactly like WVU hiring a HS coach all to secure a few players in one class.

Why can't we just call it what it is, a highly questionable hire that reeks of desperation and the prayers of a short term recruiting bump by getting players from a state championship team in Florida?

It's a huge risk with absolutely little to no upside. There are literally hundreds of guys you could hire that bring the same ability and far less, or absolutely no, baggage. If Doc is really the king of FL recruiting, why do we need this guy? We don't even know if he can recruit when he doesn't have a stack on money, yachts, and strip club VIP passes to offer. This does look exactly like WVU hiring a HS coach all to secure a few players in one class.

You can. The debate is healthy.

I've cleaned the thread up to try and get it back on track.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
You can. The debate is healthy.

I've cleaned the thread up to try and get it back on track.

Whatever it took for that, thank you.

I think this is a questionable guy to hire, because of his past association with violations. I am glad someone much smarter than I am with stats and X's and O's (and I am no slouch, really) is also questioning the talent angle if it exists. I believe, and I can't be the only one, that we are at a real fork in the road right now. Every move needs to be scrutinized by the fan base, also known as those who buy tickets and contribute to the program.

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
I am working to resolve these issues in a equitable manner. Poster, don't attack the board, work with me and others. Feel free to contact me directly, or by PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody is attacking the board other than the moderator in question by his words and actions.

Why are his words, demands, use of personal information, lies, and threats being deleted? It makes it look like I am overreacting and am the bad guy here. Further, why is he being allowed to be a hypocrite just like the previous board owner, which after being exposed, resulted in helping turn this into a ghost town?

How can you support a moderator suspending accounts, issuing a pinned warning, then doing the exact same thing (and much more) that he punished others for with no recourse? You guys can see the hypocrisy in that. If not, you wouldn't have deleted his posts and then deleted my posts which referenced his comments.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
The only thing that has slowed the activity on Herd Nation was the deletion of Thunder In The Mountains, which I fully supported Chris's decision on.

The people that lived on TITM have since then made their way to HerdNation and it's made it half-way unbearable to read because of the constant bitching and moaning.

All in all, that is the reason you've seen a much more heavily moderated Herd Nation in recent months.

Chris has instructed myself and others to operate at our own discretion and that's what we'll continue to do going forward.

Guys, this is the last post on the matter. If you'd still like to discuss things further we can do it offline via DMs.

I cleaned up the thread because the original topic at hand was worthy of discussion and I wanted to allow it to continue. I'm not trying to hide anything or protect anyone.

Please just let it go so we can all move forward and get this place back to where it once was. It's a stated goal of mine to improve the experience here but that's not going to happen if threads like these keep popping up.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
The only thing that has slowed the activity on Herd Nation was the deletion of Thunder In The Mountains, which I fully supported Chris's decision on.

I don't believe that you are foolish enough to really believe what you're typing. Both the main board and Pullman are drastically slower over the last year than they ever have been. The elimination of the smack board, if anything, should have resulted in an increase of activity on the other boards. It has had a completely different impact. Those who posted on the main board and Pullman (and didn't post on the smack board ) also have decreased. At least three out of the four boards have all seen a significant slowing of activity.

The people that lived on TITM have since then made their way to HerdNation and it's made it half-way unbearable to read because of the constant bitching and moaning.

Again, it is hard for me to believe that you are foolish enough to really think what you are typing is accurate.

Very few of the regulars who posted on TITM post regularly on the main board. You can't deny that the main board is far, far slower than it was before a year ago. Yet, you're claiming posters from the TITM board are now active on it? Wouldn't that drive up activity if anything?

Further, if there is a high amount of "bitching and moaning" (which there has been for 15 years; it is part of a spirited sports message board, especially when programs aren't doing well), can you not open your eyes enough to see that the "bitching and moaning" supposedly increased when you took over? Hmmm . . .

All in all, that is the reason you've seen a much more heavily moderated Herd Nation in recent months.

Well, I have only been here for about two weeks. It sounds like you have been having issues (besides the depletion of activity) for a lot longer than that. Can you still not open your eyes enough to see the reason why other than your excuse that it is the TITM posters who allegedly are now here "bitching and moaning?"

Chris has instructed myself and others to operate at our own discretion and that's what we'll continue to do going forward.

Clearly, your discretion is failing or else the board owner and other moderators wouldn't have to delete a bunch of your comments.

Please just let it go so we can all move forward and get this place back to where it once was. It's a stated goal of mine to improve the experience here but that's not going to happen if threads like these keep popping up.

It's not going to happen if you allow moderators to make threats, to demand posters respect hires and coaching decisions or else they won't be allowed to post, if you allow moderators to lie, and if you allow moderators to post personal information of other posters after recently suspending an account for doing the same thing and pinning a warning about doing that.

The fact that the moderating team fails to acknowledge the inappropriate words and actions of another moderator and simply deletes the comments with no recourse isn't just a moderating issue, it is an ethics issue.

I was threatened, had my personal information posted by a moderator, and not a single thing was done about it. The things that were deleted were only done to get the discussion - one which the moderator tried stopping because he didn't like the opinions - back on track? Really? So, it had nothing to do with the threats, personal information, and lies by the moderator? That is disheartening to hear from you. I would hope all of his comments were deleted because they violated board policy and the exact rules he suspended an account for last week and pinned a warning about.

It's not going to happen if you allow moderators to make threats, to demand posters respect hires and coaching decisions or else they won't be allowed to post, if you allow moderators to lie, and if you allow moderators to post personal information of other posters after recently suspending an account for doing the same thing and pinning a warning about doing that.

The fact that the moderating team fails to acknowledge the inappropriate words and actions of another moderator and simply deletes the comments with no recourse isn't just a moderating issue, it is an ethics issue.

I was threatened, had my personal information posted by a moderator, and not a single thing was done about it. The things that were deleted were only done to get the discussion - one which the moderator tried stopping because he didn't like the opinions - back on track? Really? So, it had nothing to do with the threats, personal information, and lies by the moderator? That is disheartening to hear from you. I would hope all of his comments were deleted because they violated board policy and the exact rules he suspended an account for last week and pinned a warning about.

I'm not refusing to acknowledge them. I deleted the comments because they were inappropriate and wanted the thread to remain because the original topic at hand was worthy of discussion. Otherwise I could have just zapped the entire thing. Would have been easier and much less of a heachache for me. I thought that would be obvious.

I'm not sure what else you're wanting from this. I'm sorry you're disappointed and you're now questioning my ethics. Really, I am. All I can try to do now is encourage everyone to move on.

There is not a single Marshall message board as popular as Herdnation. That isn't disparaging the other boards because I read and enjoy them. But the truth of the matter is Herdnation...Pullman, HN, and OF remain the most popular sites, by far, as any other Marshall related board. That hasn't changed and won't change in the foreseeable future. The loss of a few posters wasn't the demise of the board as much as those posters would like to believe because it inflates their ego to believe it. The exit of the posters and their reemergence on the other sites caused a temporary uptick in traffic there but that has died away to unbelievably low volume. I can literally read it once every two weeks and catch up on every single new post in less than 5 minutes.

Trying to lead a group off of Herdnation (I saw the post asking people to join you in another board) will look almost identical to John Belushi leading a group out of Animal House. But go ahead...you're on a roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT