ADVERTISEMENT

For those who whine and bitch

wow that is hard to fathom.I mean you would think they would have at least a few thousand

There were about 6-7 thousand at the game, which is sadly what I anticipated. There was zero interest in this game and Duke played accordingly, lol. A large number of Duke fans are not in NC so this game wasn’t going to be well attended. Plus WF never brings a crowd. Glad I went to Columbus today.

WKU surprisingly knocked off LA Tech today down in Ruston before a throng of literally hundreds. Game was on CBSsports and camera all day showed one whole sidelines stands where the largest group of people was the band. Rest of that side of the stadium probably didn't average 1 person per row, end zone to end zone.

Duke is a private school (at least one poster here needs remedial work on public vs. private). Its students come from among the lucky sperm rich all over the country, but especially the northeast. The student body is back home waiting for mommy's maid to make them a sandwich, or shopping for a new wardrobe, or whatever. Locally, other than no-relationship bandwagoners, there are few that care about Duke. The alumni go back where they came from and rejoin the swamp they came from. Why would the typical "Wal-Mart fan" follow Duke? They don't, they were watching UNC-NC State, which was played just a few miles away.

More generally, this is a bad week for college football, except at the very top. The students go home, people have family things to do, in some parts of the country it is the start of deer season, its cold, etc. Not that long ago, most teams finished up the week before, the networks cherry picked a few games of real meaning.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT