ADVERTISEMENT

Fredrice Binot?

Tim Hensley

Gold Buffalo
Feb 2, 2009
Chuckie is reporting that Fredrice Binot, a starting OL, has left the football program. Anyone know what happened?

Don't know for sure but it sure does say something when you have several players leave the program over a short period of time. Even some of the starters are leaving. Something is just not right.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Fred left a while ago. This was mostly a case of a young man having other interests he wanted to pursue, and didn't feel football fit into his plans. Not cutting the coaching staff any breaks, but I'm also not sure what else they could have done here. Good luck to Fred.

Fred left a while ago. This was mostly a case of a young man having other interests he wanted to pursue, and didn't feel football fit into his plans. Not cutting the coaching staff any breaks, but I'm also not sure what else they could have done here. Good luck to Fred.

We seem to have a lot of guys with primary interests other than winning football games.

So, possibly add this to the tentative list of excuses for the upcoming football season?

Jarrod Hockenberry, a preferred walk on from Clay Battelle, also is missing form the roster. He is still in school. I see him and his girlfriend, volleyball player Kayla Simmons around.

Doc recruits talent and really pays little attention to what kind of person he is getting in most cases. Its all about 40 times, bench press, how good of an athlete, and can the high school he is recruiting from help him with kids in the future(or has in the past). His past is an indicator on how he will recruit in the future.

Last edited:
btw, if Litton is the starting QB that is a shame, because if he did half of the stuff Ive heard he did then he should not be on the team. Doc said he was starting the spring as third team but he already working with the first team

Reactions: Russ Priddy
If anyone knows an actual true story to Litton, by all means, slam Doc. Seems the ones that know the truth aren't saying it and the ones that do not know it act like they do. I will not slam doc or Litton without knowing.

Reactions: Herd In the Plains
It was discussed on this board at the end of the season many times. Litton and the teams starting TE got into a fight because the team was tired of him doing the "puff puff give" way to much. I was told he showed up at practice that way. The best offseason recruiting job I heard was keeping the TE from transferring out.

Per a Doug Smock column in Gazette-Mail recently over TWENTY underclassmen have left the football team since the end of last season. Sounds to me like the beginnings of a fire sale, maybe a jail break, or perhaps the beginnings of an abandon ship movement similar to the Titanic disaster of over a century ago! Guess we have to wait until the results are in on the 2017 season in late November to see if the whole football program goes "belly up" (and if Captain Holliday and Admiral Hamrick go down with the ship!).

It was discussed on this board at the end of the season many times. Litton and the teams starting TE got into a fight because the team was tired of him doing the "puff puff give" way to much. I was told he showed up at practice that way. The best offseason recruiting job I heard was keeping the TE from transferring out.

There is absolutely NOTHING factual about your statement.

If you don't know the truth (for it to be fact), then please don't continue to spread rumors.

There is absolutely NOTHING fanctual about your statement.

If you don't know the truth (for it to be fact), then please don't continue to spread rumors.
well, it was all over this message board after not dressing for the last game? So, if you know so much what caused Littion to dress the last game and get put on third team?

well, it was all over this message board after not dressing for the last game? So, if you know so much what caused Littion to dress the last game and get put on third team?

That's premium info and to be completely honest I'm beyond talking about 2016. It's a new year. Just know that everything you said was wrong, especially the part about having to "recruit" Yurachek to stay here.

hear say, I know we get good info on this board but a lot of what was said doesn't jive.

It certainly was discussed on here. Speculated, rumored...invented. Often, an idea or comment gets batted around on a message board so much that it's hard to distinguish the fact from the fiction. It would be unfair to share on here details that the coaching staff has not divulged. So give Josh, and his relationship with this team, a little respect here. Sometimes a person can have enough information to dispel the myths, but lack the freedom to share the complete truth. That, sometimes, is the nature of trust.

Doc as been forthcoming about Litton violating team rules (plural) on more than one occasion. And - as Litton himself said alluded to - his actions have caused a loss of trust from the staff and many of his teammates. Was Yurachek upset with Litton? Probably. But the fight rumors are just that.

The big questions in this off-season will continue to be: Can Litton repair the damage? In lieu of that, can a QB be successful without the trust, or without an earned leadership role on the team? And if he doesn't win back his starting position, how will he handle the demotion to a backup role - something he's never really experienced? These question are fair debate.

Honestly, I guess we will see towards the end of spring whether he has earned anything back. He sure did a bad job of leading last year but did good the year before. We sometimes forget that these really are just kids, how many on here can say they made the best decisions as a 18,19,20 year old, I sure didn't. I am interested to see if Gaines has turned that raw talent into something useful. Litton is capable as we have seen, he just has to step back to how he took care of things in 15.

That's premium info and to be completely honest I'm beyond talking about 2016. It's a new year. Just know that everything you said was wrong, especially the part about having to "recruit" Yurachek to stay here.
It was not premium info and was talked about here! Litton was a mess, and now the program may be put back into his hands. That is what you should be concerned about if you want to discuss 2017. Who is the QB.

It was not premium info and was talked about here! Litton was a mess, and know the program may be put back into his hands. That is what you should be concerned about if you want to discuss 2017. Who is the QB.

I meant the truth was premium info, not the rumors.

And no one is denying Chase struggled in 2016, but he wasn't the only one. I'm not defending him either, just stating the obvious.

I agree, discuss away.

I meant the truth was premium info, not the rumors.

And no one is denying Chase struggled in 2016, but he wasn't the only one. I'm not defending him either, just stating the obvious.

I agree, discuss away.
Chase was a mess and a non-team leader type. Now we are all of a sudden excited for 2017 because we were told he would start out third team and he is already working with the first team.

Chase was a mess and a non-team leader type. Now we are all of a sudden excited for 2017 because we were told he would start out third team and he is already working with the first team.

I'm confused. Who said he would "start out third?" Because I know Doc did not say that.

I would suggest you to tread lightly when reading articles unless they include direct quotes from the coaching staff, especially if those articles are written by a certain "columnist."
Well then let me say this, "if after last season he is not third team then I have a problem with the coaching staff"

I would suggest you to tread lightly when reading articles unless they include direct quotes from the coaching staff, especially if those articles are written by a certain "columnist."

Ok, so if my story is not true then what made Litton lose confidence of his entire team???

Todd Goebbel moved to quarterback coach, which could be good for Litton’s mechanics. But from several accounts, Litton has to keep his helmet on straight and regain his teammates’ confidence

Ok, so if my story is not true then what made Litton lose confidence of his entire team???

Todd Goebbel moved to quarterback coach, which could be good for Litton’s mechanics. But from several accounts, Litton has to keep his helmet on straight and regain his teammates’ confidence

Like I said earlier, I'm not going to rehash any on or off the field issues this team or any individual may have experienced in 2016.

It's a new year and that's what I'm looking at. There are far too many new factors we could be discussing rather than reopening a can of worms.

Well, lets all just hope for the team's sake in 2017 that many of those who had "trust issues" with Chase last season were either seniors or underclassmen (at least 20 by the last count) who are not returning!!!

Like I said earlier, I'm not going to rehash any on or off the field issues this team or any individual may have experienced in 2016.

It's a new year and that's what I'm looking at. There are far too many new factors we could be discussing rather than reopening a can of worms.
I think Allears is closer to being right then wrong. It may not be perfect in truth but I keep hearing issues not only with Litton but the entire program. So Josh Im not sure what you hear or know but just me the entire program has problems with player behavior and to Docs credit he is trying to get them help but we need Leadership.Showing up at practice not ready to play needs to stop.

I think Allears is closer to being right then wrong. It may not be perfect in truth but I keep hearing issues not only with Litton but the entire program. So Josh Im not sure what you hear or know but just me the entire program has problems with player behavior and to Docs credit he is trying to get them help but we need Leadership.Showing up at practice not ready to play needs to stop.

I never said that there were no issues leading to Chase's suspension. I just stated that the original post stating that there was a fight between Yurachek and Litton was not true and that Doc did not have to "recruit" Yurachek to stay for his senior season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT