ADVERTISEMENT

From the latest "Liberals are fvcking nuts" file

raleighherdfan

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 22, 2010
No natural gas for you!!

“We banned fracking of natural gas but we are still creating a demand for gas and we are here to say that the time to grow the amount of gas we use has long passed,” New York state lawmaker Sen. Brian Kavanagh, a Democrat who is working on a state-level gas-banning bill, said a recent rally.

If it passes, New York would become the first state to ban natural gas in new buildings at a statewide level.

Burn wood. Nothing warms you up like a fire. Which will piss off people too.
Yep, upstate NY is a cold place. What are these people thinking? They just make no sense.

My neighbor, tree hugger, gets on people for removing leaves from the yards. If I didn't they would be knee deep all over. Leave them there. Tried mulching them one year, pain in the butt. She gets on people for using gas blowers. Get a battery or electric blower. Not strong enough. So, I thought I would go look and take hear advice. Ended up not going that route and bought a Stihl 800 Mangum. hahahhaaha . Top wind speed of 239mph and moves 912CFM at the nozzle. Holy shit I can move some leaves. Damn thing might blow a window out.

They just are not practical people.

Years ago, there was a very liberal LA columnist who wrote an article against trucks and RVs. She praised her tiny electric car and urged everyone to buy something similar.
That same winter was the one we had the terrible blizzard in West Virginia. I sent her a picture of snow piled five feet high on my street and asked how she thought her little voltage bug would do in that weather. Of course, I didn’t receive a response.

Reactions: Chevy1
Yep, upstate NY is a cold place. What are these people thinking? They just make no sense.

My neighbor, tree hugger, gets on people for removing leaves from the yards. If I didn't they would be knee deep all over. Leave them there. Tried mulching them one year, pain in the butt. She gets on people for using gas blowers. Get a battery or electric blower. Not strong enough. So, I thought I would go look and take hear advice. Ended up not going that route and bought a Stihl 800 Mangum. hahahhaaha . Top wind speed of 239mph and moves 912CFM at the nozzle. Holy shit I can move some leaves. Damn thing might blow a window out.

They just are not practical people.
Take your gas blower and blow them to her yard. ;)

Reactions: ThunderCat98
No gas heat in upstate NY lol.

As renewables become the majority of our power supply it makes sense...for more temperate areas. Right now I would much rather a home use gas than coal fired electricity.
Isn't it ironic? Use gas to heat your home but you need coal-fired electricity to power the fan to move the hot air. Taken further, use gas to produce the electrical power to run the fan to blow the gas-produced hot air through your house.

Get a battery or electric blower. Not strong enough.
Man, I got an electric corded blower that is pretty good. Toro. 725 CFM. Not bad at all. Our yard is small enough that a 100 ft cord and this gets it done big time.
Years ago, there was a very liberal LA columnist who wrote an article against trucks and RVs. She praised her tiny electric car and urged everyone to buy something similar.
That same winter was the one we had the terrible blizzard in West Virginia. I sent her a picture of snow piled five feet high on my street and asked how she thought her little voltage bug would do in that weather. Of course, I didn’t receive a response.
Sounds like one of those storms where I would park the SUV and fire up the 76 GMC.

Reactions: mlblack16.
I'm sorry, but you're going to have to turn in your man card.
uexeEC.gif

I'm sorry, but you're going to have to turn in your man card.
Turn in your "I am not dumb with money" card if you think I should buy a big backpack blower for my little front yard and the driveway/back deck and patio area just to use the thing a few times a year. 725 cfm and I paid $65.

Plus every gas thing you buy is one more thing you have to maintain.

Turn in your "I am not dumb with money" card if you think I should buy a big backpack blower for my little front yard and the driveway/back deck and patio area just to use the thing a few times a year. 725 cfm and I paid $65.

I have a green works battery mower, blower, and trimmer.

I love it. So easy for what I need. My wife likes to do yard work too (seriously), and it’s light and easier for her to handle the mower/trimmer woth the battery power.

I have both battery operated equipment for small jobs (trimming around the house and blowing off the driveway) and Stihls for the creek bank and pushing leaves down a couple of hills to be mulched at the bottom.

Batteries aren't the issue. Here is the issue with you...

cut-the-cord.jpg

Burn wood. Nothing warms you up like a fire. Which will piss off people too.
As somebody who spent his entire childhood having to help my old man cutting firewood, I can honestly say fvck that noise. Yes, once you get it down to a science with the right supply of seasoned/dry and fresh or green wood, you can create a damn strong heat source. Gotta use humidifiers to keep from becoming like the Sahara.

But, that shit is too much fvcking work. We would spend every weekend during winters doing that shit, just to keep up with demand. My father would flip the fvck out on you if you let one of the fires go out and the furnace kicked on.

It is about the amount of leaves you have. I have a ton of them. Big oak trees all around. I need the horsepower. I am tired of ****ing with the leaves.

Batteries aren't the issue. Here is the issue with you...
Uh, no. Battery blowers are not worth a damn. My battery weed eater is fine...but if I had a creek bank like you I would have a gas one.
It is about the amount of leaves you have. I have a ton of them. Big oak trees all around. I need the horsepower. I am tired of ****ing with the leaves.
I'll put this oak tree in my neighbor's yard up against your oak trees. that thing is huge, it belongs in a park lol. And of course half its leaves fall on my property. Never mind that cottonwood in my back yard, it's huge too. But I gave up on cleaning up the leaves in the back yard, it's never going to have a great lawn (the soil is just not good, and the evergreen back there coats a quarter of it in needles) so I just mulch up those leaves.

This is the corded blower I have. It is 95% as strong as your gas blower, and was a hell of a lot less expensive.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Toro-Po...Electric-Handheld-Leaf-Blower-51624/304083248

Uh, no. Battery blowers are not worth a damn. My battery weed eater is fine...but if I had a creek bank like you I would have a gas one.

I'll put this oak tree in my neighbor's yard up against your oak trees. that thing is huge, it belongs in a park lol. And of course half its leaves fall on my property. Never mind that cottonwood in my back yard, it's huge too. But I gave up on cleaning up the leaves in the back yard, it's never going to have a great lawn (the soil is just not good, and the evergreen back there coats a quarter of it in needles) so I just mulch up those leaves.

This is the corded blower I have. It is 95% as strong as your gas blower, and was a hell of a lot less expensive.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Toro-Po...Electric-Handheld-Leaf-Blower-51624/304083248
I asked the pros what to get. They run blowers like what I got. I took their advice. So far so good.

Every year, I use a variety of battery/gas power tools to clean up the yard in the fall. This year, I was a bit under the weather so I just left everything undone.
Last week, the heavy winds we had blew 80% of the leaves into the woods. Now I’m wondering why I haven’t been allowing that to happen for the past 40 years.

I asked the pros what to get.
And they are doing 10 yards a day, three seasons out of the year. Maybe four where you live.

I looked up your model...$600....that's a lot of golf and beer money extra cost for what the pros use. It reminds me of people who buy a Jeep Rubicon, lift it, and put 37's on it to drive to the mall.

Cut the cord man...

Seriously cords really don't work for me and believe it or not battery blowers do a pretty good job, probably better than you think.

I have three of them with extra batteries. One for around the house to blow off the front porch, driveway and back decks. One for the main office - 100' x 100' building with concrete and road frontage on two sides and concrete and paving on the other sides. Two batteries will blow the leaves and grit away. The satellite office has a roughly 65' x 65' parking pad that collects a lot of leaves and road grit. One battery works just fine here (a corded blowers would actually work here too).

And they are doing 10 yards a day, three seasons out of the year. Maybe four where you live.

I looked up your model...$600....that's a lot of golf and beer money extra cost for what the pros use. It reminds me of people who buy a Jeep Rubicon, lift it, and put 37's on it to drive to the mall.
I want to spend 30 mins instead of 2 hrs. i have a shit ton of leaves. Time is money.

Last edited:
I want to spend 30 mins instead of 2 hrs. i have a shit ton of leaves. Time is money.
That's about how long it takes me if I do the back deck and driveway/car port area too.
FFS! You keep making it worse!!!
LOL. I don't have to mix gas and oil, tune up the damn thing, etc. "Time is money" :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT