ADVERTISEMENT

FYI, Eugene German

Good for him. I know we did recruit him but I don't believe we ever offered.

In all honestly we should blow them out............but we should not have lost to NT either... Curious if this team is beginning to grow or not.

Curious if this team is beginning to grow or not.

Don't go there. It will just make the harsh reality that much harder to take when we resume playing, and losing to, functional football teams next week.

This shoud be our last win of the season, certainly our last home win (we could beat FIU). Everybody should turn out and cheer, but do not pretend that any corners have been turned or anything like that.

I agree on the wow. I think this season will be a disappointment (already is) but I will believe we go bowling until we just are eliminated

That's nice.

Reality? We have so far beaten a 2-3 I-AA HBCU and barely a 1-6 CUSA field filler. Losing to a 4-3 mid-pack MACer, a solid Louisville, a decent but unspactacular 5-3 Pitt and a 3-3 North Texas, the 3 being an 0-5 HBCU I-AA, an 0-6 Rice and us. The total number of I-A wins by all the teams we have beaten is zero.

Now, probably, UNCC is not any good. They have won exactly TWO I-A games in the entire (that is to say 3 1/2 year) history of that oh so full of potential program. Probably we should blow them out.

All I am saying is lets all not look foolish next week with a lot of USPAM-like delusion. Real football resumes in Mississippi on the 29th and it is not going to be pretty.

The harsh reality of unexpected disappointment has already passed. It will be whatever it will be. I'm not expecting to go to a bowl -- if it happens, it will be a pleasant surprise.

But I'm not ready to give up on Doc or the program. An intense fire burns within him and he hates losing. He'll do whatever it takes to turn it around. Besides MH is not about to fire him with his recent record. And yes, Doc DID have to build a foundation. If anything, he's probably too strict a disciplinarian (which I advocate, but not to an extreme); he needs to lighten up.

Those criticizing Legg and Heater were fine with them in 10-win seasons when Cato & Shuler were playfully engaged in a game of pitch and catch. Yes, I would like to go for broke like Boise does. The offense is too conservative for me; Litton's timing is off and we do need a quarterback coach. As for the defense, they are all extremely young and I look for them to improve (aka Jackson's last game) as time goes on -- right now, they are stopping to think, rather than naturally reacting to the play.

Sooner or later, every program has a down year. We are not rich enough to keep reloading like Alabama does.

So I would hope to see fundamental improvement as the season progresses. If we're in the same situation next year, I'll be disgusted.

The harsh reality of unexpected disappointment has already passed. It will be whatever it will be. I'm not expecting to go to a bowl -- if it happens, it will be a pleasant surprise.

But I'm not ready to give up on Doc or the program. An intense fire burns within him and he hates losing. He'll do whatever it takes to turn it around. Besides MH is not about to fire him with his recent record. And yes, Doc DID have to build a foundation. If anything, he's probably too strict a disciplinarian (which I advocate, but not to an extreme); he needs to lighten up.

Those criticizing Legg and Heater were fine with them in 10-win seasons when Cato & Shuler were playfully engaged in a game of pitch and catch. Yes, I would like to go for broke like Boise does. The offense is too conservative for me; Litton's timing is off and we do need a quarterback coach. As for the defense, they are all extremely young and I look for them to improve (aka Jackson's last game) as time goes on -- right now, they are stopping to think, rather than naturally reacting to the play.

Sooner or later, every program has a down year. We are not rich enough to keep reloading like Alabama does.

So I would hope to see fundamental improvement as the season progresses. If we're in the same situation next year, I'll be disgusted.
Well said, I am watching to see if this team grows with each game. We can have two more losses and I know its likely we will have more than two but I am hoping the team can grow to compete against the likes of MT and WKU (who woulda thought that would be said before the season began?). I am disgusted with how things started this year like everyone else, so I am trying to find every positive I can. The defense carried us last year, we weren't that great on offense. With the defensive losses we've had, our offense needed to step it up this year from last year to be successful as a team. That didn't happen, if anything we regressed on offense. Whether is bad Oline play or Litton being gunshy after the akron hit, who knows, but if the Oline doesn't do their job, the rest suffers, so to me it begins and ends with them. I would hope that we get a replacement coach for Mirabol (spelling?) because we have not improved not one year under him in regards to line play. Legg, yeah he is conservative, but his offense has proven to work before, but as with any offense, you need receivers to catch the ball (lots of drops this year), you need Oline play to run block and pass block (both have been questionable, especially run blocking) and you need a running back that doesn't dance around (pittman and davis is the two that run down hill). The defense will come around in time, heater is a good coach, the offense, hell I don't know about them at this point.

Actually the hate against Legg has been brewing for the third season in a row now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT