ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Southern Game Thread

ilmherdfan

Gold Buffalo
Mar 11, 2007
It’s halftime and still no thread?

Defense not as dominant, especially against the run. Fancher is lighting it up so far.

Got to stop the run and get our run game (outside of Fancher) going

Reactions: Elkview
indeed. Great to see Ali back, that’s for sure. Unfortunately I think it’s a little late. They have moments of good and bad, but I def think Cam is improving slightly game over game.

I just want to say this is some next level color commentary. Lol.
I couldn’t decide which was the best moment from the night. It was either…

A. Pointing out how it was definitely a catch, even though replay shows half of the Georgia Southern receiver’s foot was on the white.

Or.

B. The incredibly awkward sounding “Oh no!” on the fumble that was eventually overturned.

I couldn’t decide which was the best moment from the night. It was either…

A. Pointing out how it was definitely a catch, even though replay shows half of the Georgia Southern receiver’s foot was on the white.

Or.

B. The incredibly awkward sounding “Oh no!” on the fumble that was eventually overturned.
I am going with the Shepherd's Pie discussion.

All those who thought on Sept. 24th that we'd be 7-4 at this point in the season raise your hand.
I'll go first.

Defense wasn’t as strong in the run game and offense stepped up and gave them some breathing room. Fancher is getting better which is something we truly haven’t seen since Byron.

My favorite was when he called a hold on our touchdown run but their was no flag. Then he tried to cover it by saying their is holding on every play.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Sammy last night:
200w.gif

Color guy just graduated from furman in the last couple of years. He’s young and trying to work his way up. With that said he just needs to shut up some times
He made my ears bleed. The absolute worst I have ever listened to, and that's not hyperbole. His voice is grating, his comments nonsensical at times, and he would not shut the fvck up.

Not me. Thought we would be 4-7. Credit to the staff for switching qbs and building the offense to Fanchers abilities. One time in my life I'm happy to be wrong.
Agreed... Going to Fancher turned out to be the right call and Trickett appears to be getting a little better each game at calling plays that suit what Fancher does well (run outside the tackles, throw quick, intermediate 7-15 yard passes).

I was really happy to see us throw the ball downfield last night. The first touchdown was a great play call. GSU was stacking the box assuming we would just run the inside give and try to push them around, so going deep there was a good read of the game situation (and the DB falling down helped make it a gimme TD).

Fancher's progress the past 3-4 games has been a very positive development. He looks confident out there and the guys around him look confident in him, which says a lot about a QB.

The announcers are chosen by the school. The camera guys aren’t the pros that follow game day around. He wasn’t good but I’ve heard worse from p5 radio guys

Reactions: RhinoD
A lot of these games are being called from remote locations.

Even the ACCN games (Pitt v. Duke yesterday is an example I know of) have remote play-by-play with only people on-site being the sideline reporter and a producer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT