ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Southern game

ohio herd

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2012
I was just able to tune in and I'm like what in the world is going on. We cant buy a basket. We need to find a way to win tonight but being down by 11 at half doesn't bode well

holy-shit-we.jpg

Handgloten w/ 2 huge ft’s / Taylor being Taylor / Goran gave us some good minutes!!!! I was sure we were cooked. Great win!

Down 11 with a little over a minute and a half left and we win. Must be living right.

Hope the GA SOUTH. Coach didn't have a stroke following his postgame antics!! Possibly he'll be receiving a "communication" in the next few days from the League Office!!

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Down 11 with a little over a minute and a half left and we win. Must be living right.
And Ga southern didn’t miss a free throw either. Wonder how many times has a team come back from double digits in the final 2 minutes and the losing team didn’t miss a free throw in that stretch.

Handgloten w/ 2 huge ft’s / Taylor being Taylor / Goran gave us some good minutes!!!! I was sure we were cooked. Great win!

Sam hasn't had much to say recently about the success of this year's bball team. I suppose he's waiting until something bad happens. We are one game out of 1st.

• Haha
Great comeback last night, crazy how this team can go from ice cold, to on fire, and back, in such quick bursts. Luckily we ended on fire.

The win again narrows our potential conference tourney seeds.

As of now we would be the 3 seed (ULL has the tiebreaker over us)... But with three games remaining we can finish anywhere between 1 and 6. A win over Troy on Saturday would clinch a top 4 spot and assure we'd finish between 1-4.

The shocker from last night around the SBC -- How did Southern Miss lose by 31 to South Alabama? I am assuming they had guys hurt, sick, etc? That loss opens up the possibility that we can still win the regular season. We'd have to win out and hope USM drops one of their last three (we have the tiebreaker).

If Marshall could somehow win out (very tall task), then they have a decent chance of winning the regular season SBC, if Southern Miss were to drop a game, which is possible since they have road games at Old Dominion and Texas State.

Wish I could have been there for that one. “Gone in almost 60 seconds”, the Duke fans here will get the reference.

Only 1 game out of first. Man I know the NIT is not our ultimate goal but it would be nice to have that in our back pocket heading into the tourney. USM plays on the road 2 of their final 3 games.

Sam hasn't had much to say recently about the success of this year's bball team. I suppose he's waiting until something bad happens. We are one game out of 1st.
There is nothing to say. RhinoD covered, and continues to cover, the various ratings and how soft a schedule we played, and how weak a league the SBC is. That isn't changing. KenPom has us 80th. That equals out to a 14 or so seed, assuming we win out and win the SBC tournament. If not, we have zero shot at the NIT and the question will be pay to play or not. Win the tournament or go nowhere important was decided a long time ago.

Ask and you shall receive...

Nonconference SOS -- 320
Overall SOS -- 263
RPI -- 74
Ken Pom -- 80
Quality wins -- 0 (ESPN BPI)
Quad 1 record -- 0-0
Quad 2 record -- 1-2
Quad 3 record -- 7-3
Quad 4 record -- 13-1

Reactions: The Real SamC
Proud of the guys for fighting until the end and making FT but Ga So lost this game. We didn’t win it. What a meltdown.

Only 1 game out of first. Man I know the NIT is not our ultimate goal but it would be nice to have that in our back pocket heading into the tourney. USM plays on the road 2 of their final 3 games.
Same for us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT