ADVERTISEMENT

Get on the train cars to take your shots

Appears some haven't wrapped their heads around the fact that vaccines help to keep businesses open and running....which is a pretty important component of capitalism.
Businesses dont need a vaccine to stay open. Businesses should stay open regardless.

I'm not sure why it is so hard to accept the reality that the purpose of govts is to keep it citizens controlled. Period. The media is a propaganda tool and the govt bureaucracies work hand in hand with large powerful corporations to best make that happen. The strategies and initiatives change over the decades. All will repeat at some point. It really doesn't matter which political arm you're a part of. Some will bitch and moan over "Big Banks", and others bitch and moan over the "EPA". The reality is, they are all just cogs in the wheel. They are all "Central Planners".

Has anyone ever read the book "The Power Broker" by Robert Caro?? A true story and a must-read IMO.

I'm not sure why it is so hard to accept the reality that the purpose of govts is to keep it citizens controlled. Period. The media is a propaganda tool and the govt bureaucracies work hand in hand with large powerful corporations to best make that happen. The strategies and initiatives change over the decades. All will repeat at some point. It really doesn't matter which political arm you're a part of. Some will bitch and moan over "Big Banks", and others bitch and moan over the "EPA". The reality is, they are all just cogs in the wheel. They are all "Central Planners".

Has anyone ever read the book "The Power Broker" by Robert Caro?? A true story and a must-read IMO.
Look at how our federal govt and DC has grown. We at one time had part time legislators. Now look at the size and scope of DC. They have to have power, feed the beast.

How do the variants benefit the government?
Money, need another "stimulus bill", grow agencies like the CDC and others. GK, does the DOD benefit from a war? Defense contractors and retired generals? Power all at the same time.

How do the variants benefit the government?
They keep a large % of the population fearful and constantly looking to the govt for their answers and "permission" to do something.

I got into an argument with a salesclerk at the State ABC store a couple of weeks ago. "The govt says...." "Why aren't you wearing a mask?"... I am vaccinated. "You're supposed to wear a mask when you come in here." Why? "Its the rule." Why? I am vaccinated.

They are robots. I ended up buying my boos. When she said "next time wear a mask", I politely said..."No, I probably wont."

Look at how our federal govt and DC has grown. We at one time had part time legislators. Now look at the size and scope of DC. They have to have power, feed the beast.
When the fed govt became an industry (granted a poorly functioning industry) the writing was on the wall. It too has a "business cycle" that ebbs and flows. Expands, expands, expands and contracts. Expands, expands, expands, and contracts.

Businesses dont need a vaccine to stay open. Businesses should stay open regardless.
I don't disagree. However, some businesses will suffer more than others with a potentially deadly virus around. The travel, entertainment and restaurant industries will pay a higher price since many consumers will determine it's not worth the risk....part of the reason you saw those stocks drop when omicron was announced. A vaccinated populace can and will play a role for those industries...as well as others.

They keep a large % of the population fearful and constantly looking to the govt for their answers and "permission" to do something.

I got into an argument with a salesclerk at the State ABC store a couple of weeks ago. "The govt says...." "Why aren't you wearing a mask?"... I am vaccinated. "You're supposed to wear a mask when you come in here." Why? "Its the rule." Why? I am vaccinated.

They are robots. I ended up buying my boos. When she said "next time wear a mask", I politely said..."No, I probably wont."
My experience was just the opposite. I was in line at a Subway when some unmasked red neck asked me why I was wearing a mask. I calmly told him this is America and I can do most anything I damn well please.

Reactions: GK4Herd
It really doesn't matter which political arm you're a part of.

This and the mask refusal boots story were joys to read. Gives me hope to see other people with some sense.

If we had enough of them, this controlling government bullshit would be flipped a big bird. That's why I'm more hopeful with a weak leader like Biden in there. More and more, people will ignore him like they did Obama.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT