ADVERTISEMENT

New IG Report: Pentagon Did Not Properly Track $1 Billion Worth of Military Equipment Sent to Guess Where

SamSwimmer

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 16, 2015
Two excerpts from CNN's reporting is below.

CNN article on Ukraine Weapons Tracking

(CNN) — The Pentagon did not properly track $1 billion worth of military equipment sent to Ukraine, according to a watchdog report released on Thursday.

The report from the Pentagon Inspector General says that while the Defense Department has improved its ability to track military aid sent to Ukraine, it “did not fully comply” with requirements and much of the equipment sent is “delinquent,” meaning it’s not possible to complete an inventory of everything sent.​
Among the items that are designated for enhanced end-use monitoring (EEUM) are weapons like Javelin and Stinger missiles, night-vision devices, AIM-9X missiles, and Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missiles. According to the IG report, roughly $1.005 billion of the total $1.699 billion of equipment subject to end-use monitoring was not inventoried as of June 2023.​
The new report comes at a critical moment for Ukraine aid, as Congress debates whether to authorize a supplemental package of more than $60 billion in aid amid significant Republican opposition. A failure to provide a new package could be damaging to Ukraine’s chances of winning the war after its counteroffensive against Russian forces stalled last year.​

Also,

While delinquency could suggest weapons had been stolen or diverted away from Ukrainian forces, the inspector general said it was outside the scope of its probe to determine what had happened to the weapons that were not properly tracked.​
“The DoD OIG now has personnel stationed in Ukraine,” the report says, “and the DoD OIG’s Defense Criminal Investigative Service continues to investigate allegations of criminal conduct with regard to U.S. security assistance to Ukraine.”​
Haven't seen anything on the weapons that weren't properly tracked & something tells me we never will.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 30CAT and WVUSerg
Biden's record with foreign arms has quite a few serious failing marks.

NBC NEWS: U.S. arms left in Afghanistan turning up in different conflicts

Keep in mind, this is the same guy that traded a known Russian arms dealer (the Merchant of Death) for a WNBA player. And he's now in elected position back in Russia. I'm sure Putin probably forgot all about the prisoner swap he did with the US & isn't utilizing Bout's expertise in weapons trafficking during, you know, the conflict with Ukraine

Keep in mind, this is the same guy that traded a known Russian arms dealer (the Merchant of Death) for a WNBA player. And he's now in elected position back in Russia. I'm sure Putin probably forgot all about the prisoner swap he did with the US & isn't utilizing Bout's expertise in weapons trafficking during, you know, the conflict with Ukraine

Not Biden's fault. Per the resident "libertarian" Putin made him do it...

Interesting link: "In conversations across an array of government channels, Russian officials were clear with their American counterparts: they would release Griner – and only Griner "

So yes, Putin holds the cards.

Keep in mind your orange jesus negotiated with taliban terrorists and part of that negotiation included the release of 5000 terrorists from prison.

Now he's attempted to get Joe Biden to release Jan 6 insurrectionists.

Keep in mind your orange jesus negotiated with taliban terrorists and part of that negotiation included the release of 5000 terrorists from prison.

Now he's attempted to get Pedo-Joe to release Jan 6 insurrectionists.
The inept Afghan government, led by corrupt President Ghani, released 5,000 prisoners—not the Trump Administration

"Insurrectionists"....You're such a brainwashed, dumbass. 🙄

Reactions: KyMUfan
The inept Afghan government, led by corrupt President Ghani, released 5,000 prisoners—not the Trump Administration

"Insurrectionists"....You're such a brainwashed, dumbass. 🙄

Wash, rinse, repeat when you have nothing.

Also...You called him Pedo-Joe again, dumbass. 😂😂😂😂😂

Wash, rinse, repeat when you have nothing.

Also...You called him Pedo-Joe again, dumbass. 😂😂😂😂😂

Now he's attempted to get Joe Biden to release Jan 6 insurrectionists.

Not sure how anything about this has to do with anything about Putin holding the cards in that deal (personally, I would have left her dumb ass in Russia, but that's beside the point), but you think what you want, dipshit.

The point is Biden dealt him those cards by insisting on Griner's release. But you think what you want...

Given how bad a trade the Griner deal was, for a second I thought Putin had Jimmy Johnson engineering another train robbery.

• Haha
Reactions: KyMUfan
That was after you ran cover for Biden.
Liar. Here's my first post in that thread you went digging back for (weirdo).

Yes and no for me. I think she got a raw deal, but then again I think she's an idiot and had zero sympathy for her. But she is still an American.
Zero sympathy. And no "cover" for Biden...not to mention I am in no position to "run cover" for the friggin President, moron.

Liar. Here's my first post in that thread you went digging back for (weirdo).

Zero sympathy. And no "cover" for Biden...not to mention I am in no position to "run cover" for the friggin President, moron.

If I were a weirdo I'd probably look back to your earlier post but since I'm not I didn't. Bad on me.

You still ran cover for Biden. Putin may have held the cards but Biden didn't have to play his hand. But hey, I'm the Russian sympathizer not Biden. right???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT