ADVERTISEMENT

Our troops living in terrible conditions. But, send more money to Ukraine

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Don't you just love our govt and fearless leaders? But, hey funnel money to Ukraine and get you nex weapons system over there.

A new government report detailed the dire living conditions some military members face in their barracks across the country, highlighting a problem military leaders have so far struggled to fix.

A report by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) found that young troops living in barracks on military installations have been forced to confront everything from pests such as roaches and bed bugs to toxic waste and even squatters, potentially putting the health and safety of members at risk while damaging morale.

The 118-page report, which was published Monday by the GAO, concluded that military leaders at the Pentagon have not been able to provide proper oversight over the problem and have mostly left the issues up to each individual service to fix.

• Angry
Reactions: 30CAT
That's unfortunate. Current service members living like that all so we can continue to pay a hefty severance to people who already got paid to defend us from The Ohio River Terrorist cell.

That's unfortunate. Current service members living like that all so we can continue to pay a hefty severance to people who already got paid to defend us from The Ohio River Terrorist cell.
While some people sit on the sidelines and travel the world in freedom and relative peace.

Reactions: WVUSerg
While some people sit on the sidelines and travel the world in freedom and relative peace.
And I pay your kind to do that for us. By "that," at least for those who have served within the last 50 years, I mean defending us against the bandits along the Ohio River. So thanks for that.

And I pay your kind to do that for us. By "that," at least for those who have served within the last 50 years, I mean defending us against the bandits along the Ohio River. So thanks for that.
Tell us about the glorious life of an infantry paratrooper.. lol

Tell us about the glorious life of an infantry paratrooper.. lol
Tell us about the "sacrifices" those paratroopers have made over the past 50 years that resulted in my freedom. In the meantime, start writing me a thank you note for contributing to your paycheck.

And make sure that Geaux or whoever it was that threw a tantrum about military pay doesn't start crying in this thread about the living conditions. Don't like it? Make better choices. Don't like it? Don't sign up for the volunteer military. Don't like it? I heard conditions in Iran are better, so move there.

Tell us about the "sacrifices" those paratroopers have made over the past 50 years that resulted in my freedom. In the meantime, start writing me a thank you note for contributing to your paycheck.

And make sure that Geaux or whoever it was that threw a tantrum about military pay doesn't start crying in this thread about the living conditions. Don't like it? Make better choices. Don't like it? Don't sign up for the volunteer military. Don't like it? I heard conditions in Iran are better, so move there.
Are you serious? First of all, do you condone the living conditions our government is putting them in?

Second, in the last 50 years those paratroopers have been to Grenada, Panama, First Gulf War, 20 years of global warming on terror, countless other deployments. One brigade is ar all times on the rapid deployment force meaning no travel from home. Constant training missions. Most of them have bad knees and backs after a few years of jumping from airplanes and carrying 80 lb loads of gear or more. Countless days and hours away from family.

Thar just part of it. You really don't think you enjoy part of your freedom because of people like that? We would live in a third world country if not.

So while you were playing ball and chasing tail all over the place, someone was doing those things. They are right now. There are people working in the shadows in places you can't even fathom.

Is it too much to ask for them to not have shitty living conditions?

Second, in the last 50 years those paratroopers have been to Grenada, Panama, First Gulf War,
None of those places impacted our freedom, unless you're talking about freedom with oil.

Whole lot of combat in Grenada and Panama that our troops saw, eh?

There are people working in the shadows in places you can't even fathom.
Like along the treacherous Ohio.

Is it too much to ask for them to not have shitty living conditions?
Sure. How much of my money do you want me to pay so that your kind can have $4k/month for the rest of your life?

None of those places impacted our freedom, unless you're talking about freedom with oil.

Whole lot of combat in Grenada and Panama that our troops saw, eh?

Like along the treacherous Ohio.

Sure. How much of my money do you want me to pay so that your kind can have $4k/month for the rest of your life?
You might want to to look it up. People died in Grenada and Panama. Tell us about how easy combat jumps are wirh a combat load. Tell us how easy invasions are. You might look up those invasions and what went on.

The troops are just doing their job. Take it up with your govt who sends them there.

You don't think we have troops in places that are dangerous? That's laughable.

Yes they do help us keep us free and act as a deterrent.

You are acting as dumb as another guy on here.

I told you to stop whining, because you’re ruining my massage worse than this lady’s hands which smell like Doritos.

Grenada? Really? We sent thousands of troops and my money all due to a skirmish in that country which resulted in less than 20 deaths of Grenadians? We have school, nightclub, and movie theater shootings that have that much carnage, yet we don’t put nearly the same effort into stopping those as we did by sending thousands of troops to a tiny island that had a small skirmish.

And we violated international law and numerous treaties that we were a party to. Your second hero, Reagan, utilized the same “rules for thee but not for me” mentality that you blamed on Biden. Hypocrite.

Grenada? You count that as combat? It impacted .001 of our troops. Stop.

First of all, do you condone the living conditions our government is putting them in?
Hey oath breaker, we're waiting on rich people to return their tax breaks to pay for improvement of military conditions................................

I told you to stop whining, because you’re ruining my massage worse than this lady’s hands which smell like Doritos.

Grenada? Really? We sent thousands of troops and my money all due to a skirmish in that country which resulted in less than 20 deaths of Grenadians? We have school, nightclub, and movie theater shootings that have that much carnage, yet we don’t put nearly the same effort into stopping those as we did by sending thousands of troops to a tiny island that had a small skirmish.

And we violated international law and numerous treaties that we were a party to. Your second hero, Reagan, utilized the same “rules for thee but not for me” mentality that you blamed on Biden. Hypocrite.

Listen, I’m not mad at you for serving. I just want you to start thanking us and showing appreciation for bankrolling your life and allowing you to board commercial planes at the same time that i do.

Tax lesson 101 for rifle: One must first claim income in order to pay taxes on it.

Carry on.

Hey oath breaker, we're waiting on rich people to return their tax breaks to pay for improvement of military conditions................................
The govt has the money. It is about priorities. The troops are not the priority.

Listen, I’m not mad at you for serving. I just want you to start thanking us and showing appreciation for bankrolling your life and allowing you to board commercial planes at the same time that i do.
I said people died. Youn asked what have the infantry paratroopers done. That was one operations I listed. You are deflecting like another idiot on here. There is not reason for our troops to be living in barracks like that. That is not bi-partisan.

I also pay taxes too, plenty of them. Matter of fact just sent my country taxes in. Damn, they are gouging us. I know those don't have to do with the military. But, I pay my fair share just like when you played ball in WV. Or, were you a walk on?

The point is there is no reason for our troops to have housing like that.

Dumbest post of the year nominee right there. Don't worry you will still win the prize since all of your posts meet the requirements.

The govt has the money. It is about priorities. The troops are not the priority.

There is not reason for our troops to be living in barracks like that

Dumbest post of the year nominee right there. Don't worry you will still win the prize since all of your posts meet the requirements.

Moron, the idiots in DC could take more money in and that would not happen. Why do you trust the clowns in DC?

Moron, the idiots in DC could take more money in and that would not happen. Why do you trust the clowns in DC?
Oathbreaker ain't gonna give up his tax break to help the military. Oh no no no.

Oathbreaker ain't gonna give up his tax break to help the military. Oh no no no.

Simpleton, if I sent more money do you think it would go to the troops? Uggh nooo it would not.

Reactions: GeauxHerd
How else am I going to record them giving me a four-handed happy ending?
Season 9 Episode 22 GIF by Friends

Simpleton, if I sent more money do you think it would go to the troops? Uggh nooo it would not.
Oathbreaker ^^^ ain't gonna give up his tax break to help the military. Oh no no no.

Oathbreaker ^^^ ain't gonna give up his tax break to help the military. Oh no no no.

Party loyalist thinks that money would be allocated for that. He completely trusts thr govt. Oh but he doest care of they send it to Ukraine..

Damn I pay over 30% just to the feds. Throw in the state and other bs. Maybe you should send more.

You are a moron if think they will take our money and not waste it.

Party loyalist thinks that money would be allocated for that. He completely trusts thr govt. Oh but he doest care of they send it to Ukraine..

Damn I pay over 30% just to the feds. Throw in the state and other bs. Maybe you should send more.

You are a moron if think they will take our money and not waste it.

I said people died. Youn asked what have the infantry paratroopers done. That was one operations I listed. You are deflecting like another idiot on here. There is not reason for our troops to be living in barracks like that. That is not bi-partisan.
An extremely miniscule portion of our military had anything to do with Grenada, a place we should have never been involved in. The point remains the same: Over the last 50 years, you've been defending the Ohio.

And you pay taxes, too? It will be fair when your taxes start to be put in my pocket like my taxes are every year for you GI Joe's. And I provided far more revenue for the state of WV than my scholarship provided. You're welcome, again.

An extremely miniscule portion of our military had anything to do with Grenada, a place we should have never been involved in. The point remains the same: Over the last 50 years, you've been defending the Ohio.

And you pay taxes, too? It will be fair when your taxes start to be put in my pocket like my taxes are every year for you GI Joe's. And I provided far more revenue for the state of WV than my scholarship provided. You're welcome, again.
Moron #2, why would you think your taxes go to the troops and my don't? Second, I used Grenada as one example. One. Do you want to talk about the other things over decades of time. you literally are the first person I have ever heard doubt the commitment and history of the aiborne. They have paid a pretty high price in war times and peace times. Your comments are delusional.

I didn't get my deal in taxes when I paid them in WV. YOu should have hit better and struck out less.

Troops should have made better choices. When they saw a trillion dollar tax cut for the wealthy they should have known their barracks weren't going to be 4 star.
Yehh too bad the country does that to them.

Troops should have made better choices. When they saw a trillion dollar tax cut for the wealthy they should have known their barracks weren't going to be 4 star.
Yes and your father should have pulled out but here we are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT