ADVERTISEMENT

Get rid of Marco on the Harley

The Harley has always been tacky. Bring back the live bison! We are literally an amalgamation of other teams' traditions: Michigan, Wake Forest, South Carolina, any minor league baseball team, WVU (yes WVU). We need one true pregame tradition: A bison running into the field leading the team to "Thunderstruck"!

I would settle for a coach and a football team that shows up to coach and play.

Seriously. We have a season like this and some are worried about team entry and mascots??? What's next? Critiques of the flag teams and the twirlers?

Reactions: ilmherdfan
Actually, since you mentioned it, the return of the majorettes was a great idea! Props to the BD. Flag team not essential. Put instruments in their hands, increase size of band. Go old school.

Fire the guy who plays all the sh*tty rap and Irish thug music every game.... That crap is really getting old

Fire the guy who plays all the sh*tty rap and Irish thug music every game.... That crap is really getting old

Yes, we need more Banjo Music and Doo Wop to get the kids fired up and keep it classy! I'm also tired of those Irish thugs blasting their crappy music at stoplights and wearing those bow ties and green short pants. We all know "Lucky Charms" is just code for the pot!

The music sucks!
I get it, but there comes a time when things pass you by. I've never liked what they play, but they are not catering to just me. Like when I go to a Hurricanes hockey game. I grew up on the organ being the only music and the crowd and the game creating the atmosphere. But, times change and people have shorter attention spans and marketing and presentation folks want to make it a spectacle that happens to have a game going on during it.

There is a ton of music that is hip and contemporary without being thug. A list can be created that appeals to all. It just takes some work. No Chicago but also no Lil Wayne. There is a happy medium.

Yes, we need more Banjo Music and Doo Wop to get the kids fired up and keep it classy! I'm also tired of those Irish thugs blasting their crappy music at stoplights and wearing those bow ties and green short pants. We all know "Lucky Charms" is just code for the pot!
That was a light hearted joke, but obviously you didn't get it

do you think the 18-19 year old fershmen want to practice to that much less have that music play in between plays of a game hell no. bring ear plugs lol

therd1 lol I think they do and the music isn't for us older fans to like its to get the younger fans up and the students going.

I think we need to level The Joan and The Shewey and just start all over...

I would settle for a coach and a football team that shows up to coach and play.

Seriously. We have a season like this and some are worried about team entry and mascots??? What's next? Critiques of the flag teams and the twirlers?
lol. The title of the thread immediately had me laughing. We go 3-9, lose to a team that's been a program for all of 4 years and this is what someone complains about? Haha. What's next? Too much salt on the pretzels? The radio volume is too loud in the bathrooms? LOL.

Very epitome of a "first world problem". Probably we should save this discussion for after basketball season when there is nothing to talk about. But if you guys want to do it now, IMHO:

- The rap "music" needs to go. It is not the music of 98% of those in the crowd, including the students. And they do use the "uncensored" versions with the so-called n-word and with disgusting references to women, rape, and other violence. Just cut it off. I pretty much doubt that there has ever been a recruit gained or lost based on whether they play this garbage in the early pre-game. Just replace it, as it used to be, with commercials on the scoreboard.

- EVERY team's pre-game is a mashup of other schools'. Even the Spamites (whose school president, the racist Gee, is a 100% beamed up to the mothership global warming true believer loon) have shamelessly ripped off Clemson's Howard's Rock with a lacquered lump of coal. OK, MU has this "M Club supports you" (Michigan, although Michigan's "M Club" is their version of the Big Green, while ours is the letter winners club), Wake (mascot on a motorcycle) , USC with the hard rock music. I don't know what we "ripped off" from USPAM, but what ever. I'm sure everybody can find duplication everywhere. So what?

- When we had a live Marco, it was paid for by a booster who kept him as a quasi-pet. Colorado spends hundreds of thousands of $$ on Ralphie and has upwards of 20 students who volunteer to do crap with him. We ain't got the cash and we ain't got students who are going to give up time to play buffalo cowboy. And, if you did not know, Huntington is a city.

- Yeah, our band could be bigger. Yeah, they could pay better attention to the game and be in tune with what is going on. Yeah, Jason Toy and the incessant awards to whoever at every over-long break is getting old.

But this is 0.001% of the football experience. We need to get the team back on track.

Our entrance is the last of our worries. (I personally like it) Music is next to last.......

I've been to quite a few big schools and other than the entrance, pre-kickoff buildup music and Start of the 4th quarter, I couldn't tell you what kind of music is played.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT