ADVERTISEMENT

Good win: Some observations however

Marine03

Platinum Buffalo
Sep 29, 2012
Connecticut
Doug Chapman said the word “panic” 49 times, I counted them all.

Herd D is historically good this season.

Clint Trickett is the most infuriating OC in the history of HERD Football, maybe ever in all of football, since the beginning of time.

Doug- the Play by Play guy needs a tutorial on how to pronounce the word “Appalachia” correctly.

Fancher is getting better and more comfortable for sure. Play calling still doesn’t put us in a position to win, see double reverse pass right after muffed kick off and the lack of gaining one yard on our back to back runs up the middle

Fancher is getting better and more comfortable for sure. Play calling still doesn’t put us in a position to win, see double reverse pass right after muffed kick off and the lack of gaining one yard on our back to back runs up the middle
Ding Ding Ding this is exactly my point with him as the OC. He’s fvcking infuriating

Reactions: Jartard
Trick Daddy is not a good OC, but I’ll give him some props this game, the shorter passing game made a difference we haven’t seen that all season. RB up the gut with such an explosive RB is getting old and breaking him down.. if Laborn can play next game I would like to see him involved in a pass game. 2 back set hitting a RB in the flat on the run…. Anyway GO HERD!! Great win

Right...those run plays are taking too long to hit the hole. Hell....QB keeper for one damned yard.

Reactions: horsrman
Grind out game for a much needed home win. Defense is stellar. Payne will have to find another gear now....cause we need him. Fancher keeps it up...I might call him a QB.

Ali?

If Fancher could go through one more read and have a little more confidence with his throws….I think he’ll get it.
He made better decisions, overall, just missed some good passes. But also threw some dimes including that Beut into the end zone (probably his best ball thrown all year).

but they’re definitely killing Laborn, slowly. I do have confidence in Ethan, but he’s no Laborn.

Play calling still doesn’t put us in position to win….yet somehow we have won 3 of the last 4…..hmmmm

interesting take.

Play calling still doesn’t put us in position to win….yet somehow we have won 3 of the last 4…..hmmmm

interesting take.
No you idiot running up the middle three times in a row isn’t a recipe for success. Running a double reverse after a turnover isn’t a recipe for success. Your tiny little brain can’t comprehend that things could be better even though we’ve won games.

No you idiot running up the middle three times in a row isn’t a recipe for success. Running a double reverse after a turnover isn’t a recipe for success. Your tiny little brain can’t comprehend that things could be better even though we’ve won games.

Well..:: sir…. It continues to work. You said it doesn’t put us in position to win games. Clearly, over the last four games, you are not correct.

Reactions: CamJoanBaller

interesting take.

So you're saying our defense took no part in the last 3 wins?

Geesh, only a Marshall fan would complain about the defense when we're one of the top defenses in the country.

Really Marshall has won 6 of the last 10. just claiming 3 of the last 4 doesn’t make Trick Daddy a good OC. Today he did a good job but he’s got a long way to go… winning championships is way more important then bowl eligibility….. just keep winning!

I'm still trying to understand why we don't get our TEs involved in the passing game. This is the first season in probably the entire history of Herd football that we don't have TE putting up any kind of numbers. I can't recall a time when we didn't have a TE heavily involved in the pass game.

Well..:: sir…. It continues to work. You said it doesn’t put us in position to win games. Clearly, over the last four games, you are not correct.
I’ve never seen anyone so incapable of critical analysis. My high school students can do a better job of it than you can. I know you’re happy with where things are but those of us that can be objective understand that play calling is not where it needs to be.

I'm still trying to understand why we don't get our TEs involved in the passing game. This is the first season in probably the entire history of Herd football that we don't have TE putting up any kind of numbers. I can't recall a time when we didn't have a TE heavily involved in the pass game.
Agreed… why? I don’t know..

guess they need a edge blocker to help force a DE to the middle so they can make the tackle on the RB, to bad we can’t run off tackle or sweep or pitch or toss or pass to a RB.. but they do need to stay on the short pass game and start using the TE..

Well. From watching it appears the offensive staff that many of you detest has figured out a way to utilize those guys into keeping our qb upright so he can get the ball to the other skill guys who are typically the more talented and skilled players on the team.

I understand you can cherry pick stats and use different measurements.
Using CFBGraphs offensive efficiency metrics its bad. Real bad.
glossary @ https://www.cfb-graphs.com/about.html
GM7er5.png

Well. From watching it appears the offensive staff that many of you detest has figured out a way to utilize those guys into keeping our qb upright so he can get the ball to the other skill guys who are typically the more talented and skilled players on the team.
But why aren't you bragging on our defense? What have you got against them?

But why aren't you bragging on our defense? What have you got against them?

Not really sure your angle here. Clearly I am aware of how special and elite the defense is.

The defense is awesome. I am fairly certain I have used the depth of the defense to show how and why we should trust that when Huff notices something that needs fixed, he gets it fixed.

The number of players we have used this season along the defensive line and at the safety/nickel position shows just now good this team and staff are that they have been able to keep the defense as great as they are for this long and through the number of injuries to impact players such as Sam, Norman, Beauplan and early on missing Leggs for 6 weeks.

And it only took 10 games to figure it out...

The 33 rushing attempts up the middle are a concern
Drives me nuts. Late in the game, we're driving. Three straight up the guts. We have 4th and 1, what do we call, up the gut .
App had 8 guys up on the line. We're stopped for no gain and turn the ball over.

Chapman was wondering aloud why we don't do the perimeter more. I agree

Drives me nuts. Late in the game, we're driving. Three straight up the guts. We have 4th and 1, what do we call, up the gut .
App had 8 guys up on the line. We're stopped for no gain and turn the ball over.

Chapman was wondering aloud why we don't do the perimeter more. I agree

You need one yard. The offensive line has some struggles. When you run outside you have the chance of a lineman reaching out and grabbing a jersey. Running it up the middle has been solid for us all season long. Last night they stopped it. It should have worked. But didn’t.

You need one yard. The offensive line has some struggles. When you run outside you have the chance of a lineman reaching out and grabbing a jersey. Running it up the middle has been solid for us all season long. Last night they stopped it. It should have worked. But didn’t.
How
How 'bout teaching the linemen to not grab the jersey

Reactions: Elkview
" mentioning" and "teaching" are entirely different

Ok. My comment was meant in jest.

I am sure you truly do not believe that offensive lineman are not coached to reach and grab. And I am sure you won’t see a single solitary offensive lineman at any other school or today in the NFL for that matter not reach and grab today on some toss play to the outside.

Ok. My comment was meant in jest.

I am sure you truly do not believe that offensive lineman are not coached to reach and grab. And I am sure you won’t see a single solitary offensive lineman at any other school or today in the NFL for that matter not reach and grab today on some toss play to the outside.
Discipline is important....

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT