ADVERTISEMENT

Great couple of days to remind me what America used to be

MichiganHerd

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 17, 2011
Brewpub w/coeds
Spent last two days in our Tipton, Indiana manufacturing location, and it's so wonderful to see normal, patriotic Americans. Farmers, blue collar workers, country girls, and not a single woke individual for miles and miles in any direction.

Wished we could return to the day when America is just like Tipton, Indiana. That's the way it's supposed to be.

What does woke mean and is it all bad or is it like most things where those that go to far with it causes the entire movement to be looked at as a bad thing. Originally and still to many woke means to be conscious to racial or social discrimination and injustice.

So is that wrong?

• Haha
Reactions: ThunderCat98
What does woke mean and is it all bad or is it like most things where those that go to far with it causes the entire movement to be looked at as a bad thing. Originally and still to many woke means to be conscious to racial or social discrimination and injustice.

So is that wrong?
Oh horse shit. You know what it means it is all a bunch of virute signalling poppycock. it is the ruination of America. Everything is racist. Then, let's go through diversity training and tell white males how bad they are. Let's spend hours and resources and countless time on talking about nothing. Meanwhile the USA falls in stature.

It is all virtue signalling horse shit.

So is that wrong?
200.gif

So is that wrong?
Sounds like you need to talk to my relatives. Uncle Ben and Aunt Jemima.

Laugh all you want, I admitted there are those that go to far with it but the original post was about back to a time where woke didn't exist. The problem is there are those that would like to go back to a time where it was ok to be racist. That is my point, not everything is so black and white, it isn't all bad or all good.

So being conscious of racism and discrimination is a bad thing?

So is that wrong?
BLM_Zillow_jpg-2347333.JPG

• Haha
Laugh all you want, I admitted there are those that go to far with it but the original post was about back to a time where woke didn't exist. The problem is there are those that would like to go back to a time where it was ok to be racist. That is my point, not everything is so black and white, it isn't all bad or all good.

Who is advocating for going back to a time where it’s ok to be racist? Besides blm and others that advocate white guilt

Yes I agree there is a movement that is going to far with it, my point is you can't put everyone into just 2 categories, woke and non-woke. If there was never anyone that was woke, then racism would still be looked at as ok by the majority.

Is logical debate just not welcome here? I along with many can't stand the ignored one due to the way he posts. Yet all I get here is remarks about uncle Ben, laughed at and told my response is horse shit. When I have agreed that the many on the left have gone to far, but we still have to conscious of racism and injustice..

So those laughing at me. Answer this question, does racism exist? Does social injustice exist? Simple yes or no.

Who is advocating for going back to a time where it’s ok to be racist? Besides blm and others that advocate white guilt
The original post said he wished we could go back to an America where there were no woke people for miles and miles and that is the way it is supposed to be. To be woke is to be conscious of racial and social injustice.

So to me he wants a time where people is not worried about racial and social injustice. Now maybe I read that wrong, but sounds pretty straightforward to me.

Reactions: FreddyReef
The original post said he wished we could go back to an America where there were no woke people for miles and miles and that is the way it is supposed to be. To be woke is to be conscious of racial and social injustice.

So to me he wants a time where people is not worried about racial and social injustice. Now maybe I read that wrong, but sounds pretty straightforward to me.
I doubt you would survive in Tipton, Indiana. Too woke for real America.

I doubt you would survive in Tipton, Indiana. Too woke for real America.
You have no idea how I would survive, you might actually be surprised on how much we agree on. But I am sure we disagree on things as well. My biggest complaint with the debate in this country is that too many look at it as us vs them. You are either all in on the right or all in on the left. I am neither.

My biggest complaint with the debate in this country is that too many look at it as us vs them. You are either all in on the right or all in on the left. I am neither.

I agree with this with some caveats however.

So those laughing at me. Answer this question, does racism exist? Does social injustice exist? Simple yes or no.

Is racism only one-sided? Far too long we have been told only whites can be racist. And when there is dialog and debate and something is said a certain side doesn't agree with, the next response seems to be "That's because you are racist...".

This country elected a black POTUS, twice... And a current VPOTUS. Yet we are constantly being lectured on how racist the US is... This truly counterproductive and has actually harmed race relations. I've heard countless people say I wasn't until I've been told how racist I am, and now I'm starting to become racist.

Look at how black Republicans are treated. I could go on all day. But there is a "fatigue" that has set in that has been very divisive.

Lastly, do you think the KKK is a fringe, extremist group? Do you think BLM is a fringe, extremist group? I think they both are. Why is one demonized by the media while the other has been lionized?

Yes I agree there is a movement that is going to far with it, my point is you can't put everyone into just 2 categories, woke and non-woke. If there was never anyone that was woke, then racism would still be looked at as ok by the majority.

Is logical debate just not welcome here? I along with many can't stand the ignored one due to the way he posts. Yet all I get here is remarks about uncle Ben, laughed at and told my response is horse shit. When I have agreed that the many on the left have gone to far, but we still have to conscious of racism and injustice..

Sure they exist

you know the definition of being “woke”. Wanting equality is not being woke. Wanting equity of outcomes is.

The premise of "woke", is viewed purely as "all of white America is racist" and any racism blacks feel against whites is justified. That's not an extreme "one sided" position. That is what the concept of "woke" is founded on.

Does racism from both sides exist. Yes.

Reactions: mlblack16.

Ffs. Can HerdNation add an eye roll emoji for sh*t like this?

There's the problem. You can't apply a "simple yes or no" to those questions, which is what woke ideology does.

To answer them in as a brief a manner as possible:

Yes, there are people, as well as a very small number of groups that are prejudice (including racism). However, these people are present in every skin color, ethnicity, religion, and nationality.

Yes, to some degree - it always has and always will - in every culture that has ever existed. However, in this country at this time, it doesn't have anything to do with race and is based entirely on socio-economic factors (i.e. wealth). In short, 3rd generation poor white trash from the holler doesn't have it any better than 3rd generation poor black kids in the ghetto.

Last edited:
That's fine, let's have that discussion, why are my thoughts "shit like this", just because they don't line up 100% with yours. my goal was to open a dialog that, that says you can be relaize that there is still problems that need fixing with race relations and prejudice. I also agree that the woke agenda has gone to far, that doesn't mean there isn't merit with the original concept.

We spend way to much time trying to put everyone in a box of R or D, left or right, con or lib. I sure you have put me in the lib box. I own several guns, went to the range a couple days ago, believe in the 2nd amendment, am against abortion, and think Biden is a complete mess.

So now the libs can box me in as a con, the truth is I don't belong in either box. So now someone will probably say that just means I don't have any convictions, No it means mine do not line up by party affiliation.

Go ahead and roll your eyes though. It's all good. America is the best country on earth and I get to live in it and cheer on the Herd whether you roll your eyes at me or not.

That's fine, let's have that discussion, why are my thoughts "shit like this", just because they don't line up 100% with yours. my goal was to open a dialog that, that says you can be relaize that there is still problems that need fixing with race relations and prejudice. I also agree that the woke agenda has gone to far, that doesn't mean there isn't merit with the original concept.

We spend way to much time trying to put everyone in a box of R or D, left or right, con or lib. I sure you have put me in the lib box. I own several guns, went to the range a couple days ago, believe in the 2nd amendment, am against abortion, and think Biden is a complete mess.

So now the libs can box me in as a con, the truth is I don't belong in either box. So now someone will probably say that just means I don't have any convictions, No it means mine do not line up by party affiliation.

Go ahead and roll your eyes though. It's all good. America is the best country on earth and I get to live in it and cheer on the Herd whether you roll your eyes at me or not.
No one has said there weren’t problems. That’s the issue. You make it seem like because we claim we aren’t woke we don’t see the issue. You’re doing EXACTLY what you claim others do. You’re smart enough to see the difference in what’s classified as being woke and the issue of racist morons

I also agree that the woke agenda has gone to far, that doesn't mean there isn't merit with the original concept.
The original concept was built on a false premise: All white people are racist and racist blacks are justified because of past prejudice. Whites are "guilty" because they are white (a ridiculous premise).

We get it. Your "conviction" is you're riddled with guilt. This makes you feel less racist in your mind.

Dave Chappelle would like a word about “wokeness”. Of course racism exists, look at the subway shooter as an example.

No you do not get it then. I do not think a white person should be ashamed or feel guilty for being white. I don't think your racist for simply being white.

Where did I ever hint at that? Show me one thing I said above that even remotely came close to saying all white people are racist?

I am done, apparently I am not very good at getting my point across. I don't fell guilty and by no means think you or all white are racists just for being white. But apparently that is how my argument is coming across, so I think a message board is just the wrong format for me to express my opinion.

I just wish people would stop saying woke. It’s like a bunch of old people trying to use a word and plug it in to their statement just to sound cool.

Reactions: Jartard
so I think a message board is just the wrong format for me to express my opinion
Wrong. You're just running up against the conservative stupidity. If you want to get along with them, all you have to do is agree with it.

No you do not get it then. I do not think a white person should be ashamed or feel guilty for being white. I don't think your racist for simply being white.

Where did I ever hint at that? Show me one thing I said above that even remotely came close to saying all white people are racist?

I am done, apparently I am not very good at getting my point across. I don't fell guilty and by no means think you or all white are racists just for being white. But apparently that is how my argument is coming across, so I think a message board is just the wrong format for me to express my opinion.
No. It’s just a hard topic for reasons listed above. So many are seen as all left. Or all right. Politically the middle is gone, and I blame trump for that.
I haven’t done research on origin of “woke” but I would agree with your initial assertion. To me, white america felt like they couldn’t say anything for fear of being labeled racist, homophobic, whatever.. for so long, then came a political movement and person of power that gave them confidence in that thought and voice. So now you have a bunch of people who have been oppressed for diffferent reasons all coming out at once against each other.

• Haha

But that is the very essence of how the media and the race baiters and hustlers have been trying to sell this. When they started getting pushback again the "all white people are racist" narrative they changed their message to "systemic racism" and "white privilege".

And I don't think anyone in this thread has denied the existence of racism, just disagree with how prevalent and widespread that it is.

I have long believed it the divide is more along rural-urban lines than racial and other characteristics. I probably have much more in common with a rural black than they do with an inner-city black.

No. It’s just a hard topic for reasons listed above. So many are seen as all left. Or all right. Politically the middle is gone, and I blame trump for that.

TDS is real...

This has been going on for years (this was from 2014)...

and was exacerbated during the Obama years...

We can talk about being woke if we have a real discussion on how the black family was destroyed in part by the govt. Or the basic geonicde of black generations by the govt allowed practice.

All this "woke" stuff divides. THink about certain politicians. They need division. For decades and decades they have been telling blacks the govt is the way out for you and it has done nothing. Big cities are basically killing fields and a road to nowhere for many, many blacks.

We can talk about being woke if we have a real discussion on how the black family was destroyed in part by the govt. Or the basic geonicde of black generations by the govt allowed practice.

All this "woke" stuff divides. THink about certain politicians. They need division. For decades and decades they have been telling blacks the govt is the way out for you and it has done nothing. Big cities are basically killing fields and a road to nowhere for many, many blacks.

Liberal Democrat Daniel Patrick Moynihan honestly said this had happened and would get worse 50 years ago.

Reading comprehension isn’t your thing. I wouldn’t continue with this thread either if I were you.
No one said “you think all white people are racist”. But….you apparently believe in a concept (woke) that does. You wanted a conversation and didn’t want to really “discuss” it. Fine. Move on.

Reading comprehension isn’t your thing. I wouldn’t continue with this thread either if I were you.
No one said “you think all white people are racist”. But….you apparently believe in a concept (woke) that does. You wanted a conversation and didn’t want to really “discuss” it. Fine. Move on.
I am done because I do not wish to attack anyone personally, I wanted to debate the issue. How have I not discussed "it" what I refuse to do that most on here want is to put down the person making the argument. I have been laughed at, told I was full of shit have no reading comprehension skills, couldn't make it in Tipton among others. None of you know me, yet you think you do. I do not disagree with the problems you have with the woke agenda, it has gone to far. My problem is with lumping everyone who falls farther left of you on the chart with the same brush as those on the far left. But most in this discussion, like your comment above wants to place me with the same people that think all whites are racists no matter how many times I explain otherwise.

I have the same problem with those on the left that disagree with me. I said I was done because I do not wish to have a debate about my character. Want to meet up and have a beer and get to know me one on one and then challenge my character then fine.

No one said “you think all white people are racist”. But….you apparently believe in a concept (woke) that does
Every time a conservative uses the term "woke" on this board it is to excuse themselves from an honest discussion that racism exists. Conservatives have made up their own definition of the word so they can use it as an attack on anyone who disagrees with it's presence. You're an idiot and liar.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT