ADVERTISEMENT

Gun control

Dear God, I must not have completely sobered up from drinking last night, because I'm actually agreeing with you on something.

I support people having the right to own hand guns, rifles, shoot guns, etc. However, no one and I mean no goddamn body needs assault style weapons.

That having said, will banning them remove them from crazy people's hands? Not all, but it has to make at least some impact to help curb mass shootings.

I feel the exact same way

I feel the exact same way

I feel the same way as well. If magic was a option and we could eliminate all weapons I would be in favor of that. But in reality banning things only causes more problems. Black markets foster even more crime.

It’s a shitty situation, and I don’t have a solution for it. But “gun control” just exacerbates the problem.

I wished we live in nirvana. But we don't. Go ahead and outlaw AR's then when some nut job walks in with a 12 gauge what are you going to do? Walks in with a Ruger 10-22 and shoots up a kindergarten class ? Or runs a semi truck through the playground?

Let's be more like Europe? Yehh where two world wars were started. Oh yehh Bosnia and some ethnic cleansing. Mass genocide.

We are not perfect and we have faults. We may not be Norway in the winter olympics, but this is still a hell of a place to live.

You said the US military, implying the MILITARY itself at full strength would not defeat an army of militia, that’s laughable given the fire power in the arsenal. Now, if you’re looking to spin that like herdsman is and wanting to state that half of its members wouldn’t take arms against their own people? Then no probably not, but that wasn’t your original statement here was it?
Marine do you really think that a kid from wv serving in the army is going to go shoot a bunch of grandpas in Texas cause someone like Obama said so? The point of the 2nd amendment is to keep the govt from taking over under a dictator type.

Marine do you really think that a kid from wv serving in the army is going to go shoot a bunch of grandpas in Texas cause someone like Obama said so? The point of the 2nd amendment is to keep the govt from taking over under a dictator type.
I know guys around all the marine and army bases that have gun collections and stockpiles of ammo that make mine look tiny. They have caches of weapons all over. Thousands of rounds. This country would make Afghanistan look like a walk in Epcot.

I think I know what Marine is trying to say in a hypothetical of a militia vs the us military then the us military would win.

In reality, a massive insurrection in this country is the worst case scenario for any military including ours.

I know guys around all the marine and army bases that have gun collections and stockpiles of ammo that make mine look tiny. They have caches of weapons all over. Thousands of rounds. This country would make Afghanistan look like a walk in Epcot.

I think I know what Marine is trying to say in a hypothetical of a militia vs the us military then the us military would win.

In reality, a massive insurrection in this country is the worst case scenario for any military including ours.
no doubt they would win under those conditions.

No, but that wasn’t the fvcking question. Stop changing the damn subject. My point is, and my only point is if the military with its arsenal were to go to battle with an armed militia made up of ordinary citizens it would be a massacre in favor of our military. You can’t compare the firepower. Aside from the fact only 30-40% of the militia owns weapons, and of that how many do you think would shit bricks when a 240 Golf or Mark 19 starts peppering rounds at you faster than you can reload a 9mm?

For gun control here is what i think will happen or attempt to happen. I could see the left getting in control one of these days and implementing a gun buy back. Where they offer some dollars for your guns.

No, but that wasn’t the fvcking question. Stop changing the damn subject. My point is, and my only point is if the military with its arsenal were to go to battle with an armed militia made up of ordinary citizens it would be a massacre in favor of our military. You can’t compare the firepower. Aside from the fact only 30-40% of the militia owns weapons, and of that how many do you think would shit bricks when a 240 Golf or Mark 19 starts peppering rounds at you faster than you can reload a 9mm?
Oh it would be that way partly. But, what would happen is guerrilla warfare, sniping, and pot shots, etc. Remember, the military, cops, etc. have families too. Think about that for a minute. It wouldn't be line up on a battlefield against M1A main tanks, artillery, etc. Look what we lost in Iraq and Afghanistan.

That is why I laugh at gun confiscation. You think some deputy or state cop or city cop is going to go door to door taking guns? Hell no.

But, at the end of the day. We all may have disagreements, but we all love the country. We dont want to kill our friends and brothers.

Oh it would be that way partly. But, what would happen is guerrilla warfare, sniping, and pot shots, etc. Remember, the military, cops, etc. have families too. Think about that for a minute. It wouldn't be line up on a battlefield against M1A main tanks, artillery, etc. Look what we lost in Iraq and Afghanistan.

That is why I laugh at gun confiscation. You think some deputy or state cop or city cop is going to go door to door taking guns? Hell no.

But, at the end of the day. We all may have disagreements, but we all love the country. We dont want to kill our friends and brothers.

Again I’m not arguing against any of this, I’m simply arguing pure firepower

Reactions: ohio herd
I haven't read this entire thread, but I read the first post. Murox's point about the left's alleged misunderstanding of the second amendment shows that he is the one who doesn't understand it.

The Federalist Papers explain the reason for the amendment. In the papers, it discusses the number of soldiers in the federal army. It assumes that all of them would fight for the government and goes on to discuss how many number of citizens would be needed to stop them. In other words, his claim that most (or many) soldiers wouldn't fight for the government is exactly the opposite of what the authors of the amendment stated for the reason for having it. They went as far as to use a formula showing that.

At that time there would have been fewer than 4k permanent soldiers.

What's an assault STYLE weapon?

This is layman's terms for a weapon designed to fire multiple rounds per trigger squeeze for the purpose of annihilating more than one living being at a time (purely unnecessary).

They’re semi, but auto loaded. The only real difference between the AR 15 and the M16 is a selector level switch.

Out on the firing range, "please move your selector switch from safe to semi....firerers, scan your lane!"

Reactions: Marine03
Doesn't the military recommend that shooters not use full auto? 3 round burst and single shot are preferred right?

Always, burst wastes rounds. And within a fireteam you already have a SAW which is full auto, a 203 grenade launcher the TL carries. So, we never had a use for burst and never used it

Your statement was misleading. Anyone with little to no knowledge of firearms would use it as a talking point and use you, a former Marine, as the subject matter expert. This is why the gun control argument never gets anywhere.

No to mention two of his opinions are in disagreement.

We have to get rid of bump stocks! They increase the rate of fire making AR-15s more lethal.

The only difference between an AR-15 and a M16 is rate of fire which doesn't make it any less lethal.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
No to mention two of his opinions are in disagreement.

We have to get rid of bump stocks! They increase the rate of fire making AR-15s more lethal.

The only difference between an AR-15 and a M16 is rate of fire which doesn't make it any less lethal.

I never said anything about bump stocks.

Doesn't the military recommend that shooters not use full auto? 3 round burst and single shot are preferred right?

The M4 or M16 has a semi-auto setting and either a 3 rnd burst or full auto, not both. And yes, burst and full auto are not very effective, you really only use them against area targets, if that.

Do you think they should be legal?

I don’t think they should be legal. I’m against these type weapons to begin with being legal, and any equipment that enables them to be more potent than they already are. If these guns are going to remain legal the only thing that should seperate shooter from shooter is their own ability to pull the trigger, wait on recoil, and maintain target consistency

I don’t think they should be legal. I’m against these type weapons to begin with being legal, and any equipment that enables them to be more potent than they already are. If these guns are going to remain legal the only thing that should seperate shooter from shooter is their own ability to pull the trigger, wait on recoil, and maintain target consistency
So you think increased rate of fire does make weapons more "potent." Which disagrees with your opinion that burst fire doesn't make a M16 more lethal than an AR-15. Thanks for confirming my post

So you think increased rate of fire does make weapons more "potent." Which disagrees with your opinion that burst fire doesn't make a M16 more lethal than an AR-15. Thanks for confirming my post

I don't think that's what he said. You are twisting his words to fit your own narrative.

Reactions: HerdFan73
I don't think that's what he said. You are twisting his words to fit your own narrative.
How have I twisted his words?

What else can be taken from his statements that burst fire doesn't make the m16 more lethal and that a bump stock is equipment that makes a weapon more potent...?

The M16 isn’t available for public use so it’s a moot point. And yes increased rate of fire does it make it more potent. My statement of the only real difference is burst and auto is still true.

The M16 isn’t available for public use so it’s a moot point. And yes increased rate of fire does it make it more potent. My statement of the only real difference is burst and auto is still true.

If you remove the selector level switch off an M16 You have an AR 15 essentiallly. Would you be in favor of selling M16’s to the general public?

If you remove the selector level switch off an M16 You have an AR 15 essentiallly. Would you be in favor of selling M16’s to the general public?
I am fully aware that's virtually the only difference. You're the one who said that difference doesn't make the AR any less lethal

I am fully aware that's virtually the only difference. You're the one who said that difference doesn't make the AR any less lethal

It doesn’t, like I’ve said it’s essentially the same weapon minus the 3 round burst, which as I and most former servicemen have stated was rarely if ever used. The specs are essentially the same, the damage to flesh it causes still the same, the recoil the same.
Would you allow M16’s to be sold to the public minus the Burst feature?

It doesn’t, like I’ve said it’s essentially the same weapon minus the 3 round burst, which as I and most former servicemen have stated was rarely if ever used. The specs are essentially the same, the damage to flesh it causes still the same, the recoil the same.
Would you allow M16’s to be sold to the public minus the Burst feature?
They pretty much already are and I don't have a problem with that.

Reactions: countryroads89
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT