ADVERTISEMENT

Gun control

Why on earth would you need a weapon with a muzzle velocity 3 times faster than a handgun that causes that type of body damage is beyond me. What fear of people do you have to justify having one, and why isn’t a normal handgun enough to protect yourself?

A .45 does more damage than 223. A shotgun would do more damage than 223. Also, 223 isn't exclusive to an AR style rifle.

This is where gun grabbing begins. Ban AR style rifles because they look like an M4...Ban 223 because it has a high muzzle velocity...Oh my god, we are so fvcking stupid we didn't realize a slower round like 7.62 does even more damage than 223, so we better ban it too.

Reactions: SamSwimmer
Mag capacity of 30
45 rounds per minute
3,260 muzzle velocity
550 meter point target
That’s standard with no upgrades. You’re right it’s a weak ass weapon that’s obviously been deemed as appropriate and safe for public use. :rolleyes:

Reactions: mlblack16.
Your muzzle velocity argument is full of shit and you know it. .270, .308, 243 30.06, even a brush gun 30-30 are more powerful cartridges. But that scary 223, OMFG!

Your muzzle velocity argument is full of shit and you know it. .270, .308, 243 30.06, even a brush gun 30-30 are more powerful cartridges. But that scary 223, OMFG!

I think I’ve repeatedly said muzzle velocity 3 times greater than a handgun

I don’t think they should be legal. I’m against these type weapons to begin with being legal, and any equipment that enables them to be more potent than they already are. If these guns are going to remain legal the only thing that should seperate shooter from shooter is their own ability to pull the trigger, wait on recoil, and maintain target consistency
Would you have been against the level action or bolt action 30-06 going into the hands of the public? They were the average weapon of the foot soldier/marine in years past.

And I've said high muzzle velocity doesn't automatically equal a more deadly round. In an indoor active shooter scenario a 45 or shotgun would create more cavitation than a 223.

Last edited:
Reactions: i am herdman
Marine, should this be allowed?
5802.jpg

Maybe this should change your mind, imagine this was your child. This why I’m so totally against these weapons being sold. The damage caused by these weapons far exceed anything you’ve seen before, I have and it’s not a pretty sight.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...land-should-change-the-debate-on-guns/553937/

I guess he has never seen what a 7mm Mag can do. And that's the thing about this debate: everyone is focused on one kind of gun like they don't even know others exist.

I guess he has never seen what a 7mm Mag can do. And that's the thing about this debate: everyone is focused on one kind of gun like they don't even know others exist.
I have a 7mm Mag. I retired it years ago. Bastard kicks like a mule. Synthetic stock. SO not real heavy. Don't know why I bought that damn thing.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
I have always heard good things about that round. My favorite was always .308. I wonder how many 30-30's there are in WV? Seems like everybody learned on or had a 30-30.

I still have my Marlin 336. It's one of the best rifles ever made IMHO. I've dropped a few deer with it...and some coyotes, too.

Reactions: i am herdman
I appreciate all of your pro gun stances and opinions. I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind here. These are my reasonings and opinions and as much as you’d like to change my mind and opinon it’s not going to happen. I’ll simply agree to disagree

Reactions: HerdFan76
I appreciate all of your pro gun stances and opinions. I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind here. These are my reasonings and opinions and as much as you’d like to change my mind and opinon it’s not going to happen. I’ll simply agree to disagree
So what should be legal

What is an AR had a 8 round magazine? It is just a .223 that looks military?

I am trying to see where you draw a line it what people should have.

But it doesn’t have an 8 round mag. You’re asking hypothetical questions and not dealing with reality. If it was only 8 rounds with a loading capacity similar to a handgun or shotgun maybe.

I feel the same way as well. If magic was a option and we could eliminate all weapons I would be in favor of that. But in reality banning things only causes more problems. Black markets foster even more crime.

It’s a shitty situation, and I don’t have a solution for it. But “gun control” just exacerbates the problem.

I still haven't read this entire thread, and based on the lack of facts, lack of logic, and outright wrong information, I don't think I will.

But this is yet another post that just isn't accurate.

I suggest looking at the murder rate after Australia "banned" (which isn't correct, because guns aren't really banned there) long guns and then handguns. Look at the murder rate before the act was passed. Look at the number of mass shootings before the act was passed. Look at the number of mass shootings since (hint: there have been 0 in the 20+ years since the act, yet they had averaged nearly 1 per year in the previous 20 years).

I still haven't read this entire thread, and based on the lack of facts, lack of logic, and outright wrong information, I don't think I will.

But this is yet another post that just isn't accurate.

I suggest looking at the murder rate after Australia "banned" (which isn't correct, because guns aren't really banned there) long guns and then handguns. Look at the murder rate before the act was passed. Look at the number of mass shootings before the act was passed. Look at the number of mass shootings since (hint: there have been 0 in the 20+ years since the act, yet they had averaged nearly 1 per year in the previous 20 years).

So your position is you disagree that black markets would emerge if guns were banned or the supply was severely limited? Please rifle, inject some facts, logic and correct information in this discussion. We've all been waiting for you to give us the final word.

So your position is you disagree that black markets would emerge if guns were banned or the supply was severely limited? Please rifle, inject some facts, logic and correct information in this discussion. We've all been waiting for you to give us the final word.

God damn . . . where do you come up with these straw men? You claimed that "gun control" just exacerbates the problem. That's false. You claimed that "banning things only causes more problems." That's false. Different problems aren't "more" and they definitely aren't as severe. You claimed that you couldn't magically wipe away all guns. True, but you can make an overwhelmingly huge drop in them.

Do black markets emerge? Of course. They did in Australia, but with the right mix of laws and policing, they have been tiny compared to the overwhelming success the "ban" has had (and by "ban," you can still legally own guns in Australia, but you just to have jump through more hoops to have them).

Now, from all of that, the only thing you argued is that I somehow refuted that no black markets would emerge, which was one very small part of your post? God damn. Stop reading this board. These guys are making you dumber.

Hell, go back and spend more time discussing the chances of all of the federal army/police not obeying their orders even though the Federalist Papers explained that the Second Amendment was made due to the belief that they all would obey orders. Don't think that would be the case? Then, stop using the Second Amendment as a reason for gun ownership. You can't have it both ways.

Hell, go back and spend more time discussing the chances of all of the federal army/police not obeying their orders even though the Federalist Papers explained that the Second Amendment was made due to the belief that they all would obey orders. Don't think that would be the case? Then, stop using the Second Amendment as a reason for gun ownership. You can't have it both ways.

You really should write SCOTUS and explain to them you've figured it out because, clearly, even with their years and years of study and scholarship, they've overlooked this obvious interpretation. I mean, according to you, it's right there. What a bunch of morons not to recognize it. All it took was some random dude on a message board to figure it out. Btw, aren't you the same guy that got ripped off through some online phone scam by a dude named "Taz," and calls all females "slvts"? Why wouldn't they listen to your obviously well-informed legal opinion?

Reactions: murox
No the US Army have been guarding and protecting the Poppy fields from being burned down by the Taliban
Not true in a lot of cases. Remember the stories of the Taliban taking young girls and mothers because of destroyed poppy plants? The Taliban would pay in advance for them to grow poppy plants instead of other things. Goverment destroys the plants and the Taliban comes to collect and they kidnap all the women to sell, screw or whatever.

Back to the second half of the question, if the military at full strength vs a militia it’s not going to be that difficult. The weapons will be laying next to a lot of corpses
You got that last line from the movie We are Soldiers.

Not true in a lot of cases. Remember the stories of the Taliban taking young girls and mothers because of destroyed poppy plants? The Taliban would pay in advance for them to grow poppy plants instead of other things. Goverment destroys the plants and the Taliban comes to collect and they kidnap all the women to sell, screw or whatever.

You do understand the President of Afganistan brother is the world largest opiom dealer? Oh and he is not part of the Taliban.

It was the Taliban who burned the poppy fields. The same fields we protect today and traffick back to Mexico for the Cartels to move across the border.

You do understand the President of Afganistan brother is the world largest opiom dealer? Oh and he is not part of the Taliban.

It was the Taliban who burned the poppy fields. The same fields we protect today and traffick back to Mexico for the Cartels to move across the border.

Link proving this claim?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT