ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Thanksgiving

Archetype XLIV

Platinum Buffalo
Dec 20, 2007
It's been a tough year of losses for our family and we have an individual currently fighting stage IV that's terminal. He's younger than me. He stayed with us for a few weeks in September and I drove him into his cancer treatments here in Pittsburgh before I'd go into work. I'd pick him up after.

They eventually called the trial off as the cancer is too aggressive. He's on hospice now and I'm not sure how much time is left, but he fought a hard 4 years.

This is definitely one of the worst things I've been around as I've never had a personal encounter with cancer. The worst thing is, as mentioned above, he's younger than me by a couple of years.

Basically saying: draw your loved ones close and enjoy this Holiday and the forthcoming ones and try to make time slow down as much as you can.

It ain't the size of your house . . . and I've done pretty well between now and when I last posted in this board years ago. I have a lot of things I probably shouldn't and a woman I don't deserve. What I've found is I can buy pleasure, but you have to create true happiness. Money doesn't do that.

We're going to celebrate the best we can with some absences in the room tomorrow due to this final battle. If the opportunity is OK, we'll go over and visit them.

I don't want any sympathy for me about this because it's not my battle. I can't claim it—it's just something horrific he and his wife have lived for 4 years.

My wish is for everyone's health this year and forward.

Happy Thanksgiving.

It's been a tough year of losses for our family and we have an individual currently fighting stage IV that's terminal. He's younger than me. He stayed with us for a few weeks in September and I drove him into his cancer treatments here in Pittsburgh before I'd go into work. I'd pick him up after.

They eventually called the trial off as the cancer is too aggressive. He's on hospice now and I'm not sure how much time is left, but he fought a hard 4 years.

This is definitely one of the worst things I've been around as I've never had a personal encounter with cancer. The worst thing is, as mentioned above, he's younger than me by a couple of years.

Basically saying: draw your loved ones close and enjoy this Holiday and the forthcoming ones and try to make time slow down as much as you can.

It ain't the size of your house . . . and I've done pretty well between now and when I last posted in this board years ago. I have a lot of things I probably shouldn't and a woman I don't deserve. What I've found is I can buy pleasure, but you have to create true happiness. Money doesn't do that.

We're going to celebrate the best we can with some absences in the room tomorrow due to this final battle. If the opportunity is OK, we'll go over and visit them.

I don't want any sympathy for me about this because it's not my battle. I can't claim it—it's just something horrific he and his wife have lived for 4 years.

My wish is for everyone's health this year and forward.

Happy Thanksgiving.
sorry to hear this.I work in Oncology and deal with this over and over. My wife is in Hospice and she deals with it as well. Like you said, hang onto your loved ones cause there is no assurance of tomorrow

sorry to hear this.I work in Oncology and deal with this over and over. My wife is in Hospice and she deals with it as well. Like you said, hang onto your loved ones cause there is no assurance of tomorrow
I think you should have worded it "My wife works in hospice...", rather than "My wife is in hospice...". :eek:

Reactions: ohio herd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT